• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

palm rest grips

komifornian

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2011
Peoples Republic of Kalifornia
I've been considering buying a palm rest grip - the claim is that it helps with stability. I've never used one so I'd like input from people that have.
This is the grip I'm considering:
9i4qzc.jpg

Re: palm rest grips

Friend had one and let me try it out. I did like the feel but then when we shoot it i find i and making very minute changes, more than i would with a regular grip (Have no idea why). I stick with magpul and my grip is rock solid and very reliable for me.

Its all about personal preference, shooting style, etc., etc. I have used the Ergo and DPMS palm-rest style grips and I honestly prefer the Ergo of the two because of the more "rubbery" texture to the grip which gives better hold if your hands are sweating, in wet conditions, etc. After using the Ergo for a while on a couple different ARs, I ultimately swicthed to their "Tactical Deluxe" grip which is more or less the same grip featured on the palm-rest model (ambi grip, palm swells for bigger hands, great ergos/feel), but without the palm rest. I never perceived any real added benefit to the palm-rest and frankly, it was just more weight, more bulk, more expense, etc. versus a more "standard" grip. That said, I gave one of my Ergos to my Dad who uses it on an RRA Varmint rifle and he absolutely loves it and has switched other rifles to it because he says it is more comfortable and consistent for him.

My advice is to try one out and if you like it...great. If you find that you don't perceive any real improvement/advantage, you can always get most of your money back out of it and try something else.

What ORD said,
I use the Ergo off a bipod and it seems to help me <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> Feel <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> my trigger.
Rob

I have the Ergo Tactical Deluxe grip from Falcon Industries and I LOVE it. What sets it apart from the DPMS grip is the Falcon grip comes rubberized or solid plastic, whichever you prefer. It provides more stability and in my opinion, gives you more control of the rifle.

I have the ergo tactical and love it too. I did try a couple palm shelf style grips and didn't like them because my hands are on the larger side and the grip felt too cramped with the shelf.