• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Panic buy question, has anyone heard of an XM2010?

shniper

shniper
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2013
1BE7E91B-1771-41E9-BC9B-334F77E17025-5711-00000298C9E3C3AF_zps40dac4d9.jpg

2E18427D-0207-4F40-B04C-5A5E26EF723D-5711-00000298D6724BD4_zpsf9418faf.jpg

F6B117DA-59F6-471E-954C-BECA692DF94A-5711-00000298E6E44898_zpscd1ce522.jpg

E85002CB-1134-4F0C-947B-26BB46849537-5711-00000299100FE5EB_zps3bd36450.jpg

Debating on getting trophy tip or hollow point from academy. I hear soft tipped bullets are the best? Any help would be appreciated with this new rig. I want this thing to live up to what the guy at the gunstore claimed so I figured this was the best place to ask.

Also, I like the leupold scope but I really think this rig needs some kind of offset red dot on that 45 degree rail. Any recommendations on what to run?

Im thinking I want to be able to bang steel out to 800yds or so with this and maybe take a couple deer when next season rolls around.

Picked up this stick in the panic.--pics

ETA: Pics fixed, all info in my original post

Re: Picked up this stick in the panic.--pics

The "image" link you provided is not a link to an image. Your photos are also pretty tiny - difficult to see it's a Remington XM2010.

You'll also need to provide a ton more information for people to make any useful recommendation what to shoot out of that thing.

You panic bought that rig?

Im sure the gun store owner had a panic attack when he sold you on that setup........

Re: Panic buy question, has anyone heard of an XM2010?

300wm. And yes. That is a boom box.

I would put a variable 1-4 or 1-6 on one side on 45* and a red dot on the other that way you could cover everything you might encounter... I.E Long distance,med range,cqb... You might also consider a red dot on top of the leupold in case you dont have time to break your cheek weld..

ok the xm2010 is the army's new sniper rifle that is replacing the m24, i just saw one on base over here not to long ago. it uses they same action as the m24 and it is chambered in 300wm. it is disigned to shoot the mk248 mod 0. wheather it target or hunting that round should do just fine. to get the specifics on this round just google it and you should be able to find out more about it

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cramey74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would put a variable 1-4 or 1-6 on one side on 45* and a red dot on the other that way you could cover everything you might encounter... I.E Long distance,med range,cqb... You might also consider a red dot on top of the leupold in case you dont have time to break your cheek weld..</div></div>

What about a weapon light and a laser indicator???

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cramey74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would put a variable 1-4 or 1-6 on one side on 45* and a red dot on the other that way you could cover everything you might encounter... I.E Long distance,med range,cqb... You might also consider a red dot on top of the leupold in case you dont have time to break your cheek weld..</div></div>

What about a weapon light and a laser indicator??? </div></div>

While I would love to have a weapon light, I don't know if I could drop the coin in a surefire. Maybe I could go with a small mag light. They're very durable. As far as an indicator, I don't think so. I maybe go with a 45 degree eotech though if I find a good deal.

also why would you want another sight that is offset on this rig. this rig is not ment for any kind of CQC what so ever so there is no need to add something like that, also i noticed that the action said that its a modle 700 m24 is it even a 300wm or is it like an m24 and chamber in .308 win cause if it is your looking at two differents rounds

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hlee</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cramey74</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would put a variable 1-4 or 1-6 on one side on 45* and a red dot on the other that way you could cover everything you might encounter... I.E Long distance,med range,cqb... You might also consider a red dot on top of the leupold in case you dont have time to break your cheek weld..</div></div>

What about a weapon light and a laser indicator??? </div></div>

You know you are right those items would be the icing on the cake but I was trying to keep weight at a minimum for hunting trips...

Jesus Christ....I pray that the majority of these comments in this thread are a joke. A fucking 1-4 or 1-6 on a offset....A fucking light and laser? Are you going to be kicking in doors with a 300wm?

Who let the retards on here.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jesus Christ....I pray that the majority of these comments in this thread are a joke. A fucking 1-4 or 1-6 on a offset....A fucking light and laser? Are you going to be kicking in doors with a 300wm?

Who let the retards on here. </div></div>

Well you could, just have to aim at about their ballsacks...

That'll get you a lower intestine...Shatter the pelvis...

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/8yvEYKRF5IA"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/8yvEYKRF5IA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

You guys are terrible, that's a nice looking rig and I don't know the chassis. Anybody?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ltfirehunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You need to get in the cage thats in the pic and close the door. </div></div>

Na, that's his girlfriend's cage. When she gets feisty he sticks her in there till she calms down.

On the topic of scopes, I think getting two counter-snipers is the way to go, have one set on 15x or 20x and have the other on the offset mount set to 4x.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Debating on getting trophy tip or hollow point from academy. I hear soft tipped bullets are the best?</div></div>

Hollow Tipped filled w/ mercury are best. Also, get some tracers for blowing up vehicles.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Also, I like the leupold scope but I really think this rig needs some kind of offset red dot on that 45 degree rail.</div></div>

Have you checked out Counter Sniper scopes? Worth taking a look.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Im thinking I want to be able to bang steel out to 800yds or so with this and maybe take a couple deer when next season rolls around.</div></div>

That rig should be good to exactly 1,000 meters.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">While I would love to have a weapon light, I don't know if I could drop the coin in a surefire. Maybe I could go with a small mag light.</div></div>

That’s using your head.

You should contact the manufacturer; the stock is supposed to fold the other way so you can operate the bolt when shooting from the hip.

Really, where the hell did you get that? Just here to gloat or are you going to share?

nice rig bro. Any round you choose for deer hunting will work out of a 300 win mag and you will have no problem connecting with steel at 800yds. You have plenty of optics to hit anything that needs hitting with that thing - don't buy any 'offset red dot', save the money instead for ammo. Congratulations on the new rifle, go forth and shoot it!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MtnCreek</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You should contact the manufacturer; the stock is supposed to fold the other way so you can operate the bolt when shooting from the hip.

Really, where the hell did you get that? Just here to gloat or are you going to share?
</div></div>

When I was looking at them, retail was @15k...Bet they've gone down a lot since then.

And it actually folds that way FROM factory ~ My assumption is that, that was "fixed" in the current series that's going to the military...But, that is stock.

If you look hard enough you can find these, I believe they finally dropped down to MSRP which again, I believe is in the 10k range.

Much better off with an MRAD at that price range IMHO.

Is anything on this thread for real?

1. I didn't even know you could buy one of these rifles.

2. Where did you get it and what kind of deal did you get?

3. I would suggest starting with some factory match grade ammunition.

Counter sniper is a great idea, but I don't know much about them. I don't really understand this crazy Horse reticle. Maybe a 1.5-6. Also, I'm set on the 45 degree red dot. Do you think they make a magnifier with enough power to just run my t-1 and that?

Also, any brand recommendations for a bore sighting system? I want this sucker ZEROED

Here's the latest version that one of my SF buddies is running, lighter more adjustable cheekpiece with locking tabs, 24" fluted barrel with AAC Brake/Suppressor Mount, and Sphur Mount with 5-25 S&B w/ H59. Jewell trigger as well, and they carry backup tuned Remmy triggers. When I shot it it was running MK248 Mod 0 ammo (190 SMK @3100), because they were having problems with the MK 248 Mod1 (220 SMK) stabilizing properly. It was a laser!! They are also migrating to the 230 Berger OTM which I think is a awesome move. Obviously the SF guys are using different stuff than the big Army, but it's definitely a step up from the original XM2010.

image-5_zpsf2580eac.jpg

image-5_zps6f0ce40f.jpg

image-5_zps2516fd0b.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Counter sniper is a great idea, but I don't know much about them. I don't really understand this crazy Horse reticle. Maybe a 1.5-6. Also, I'm set on the 45 degree red dot. Do you think they make a magnifier with enough power to just run my t-1 and that? </div></div>

Why do you want a red dot on a 300wm?

Are you going to be kicking in doors with a 300wm?

Who let the retards on here. [/quote]

With a 300wm I would just shoot through the door...

Seriously that is a cool rifle don't put a red dot on it run match ammo or handloads...good luck Chris R

Guys come on, be serious. We all know that thing is a POS and whatever he paid for it, he got screwed.

OP, I'll give you $200 for it to help you out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

While I would love to have a weapon light, I don't know if I could drop the coin in a surefire. Maybe I could go with a small mag light. They're very durable.</div></div>

Wait, what?

1) You have an XM2010 that rides a $2k+ chassis but cant afford a couple hundred dollar light?

2) You have an XM2010 but aren't realizing that they are teasing you about stuff to tie on to that thing?

My sniff test is isolating a few strains of fecal matter here, but if this is indeed legit - Luck is a bitch. If only because she makes people like this connect with stuff like that.

How is the black going to match all of your multicam gear and ghille suit?

Very curious where you got that, and what was paid for it.

Even more interested in your boombox.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oddball-Six</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

While I would love to have a weapon light, I don't know if I could drop the coin in a surefire. Maybe I could go with a small mag light. They're very durable.</div></div>

Wait, what?

1) You have an XM2010 that rides a $2k+ chassis but cant afford a couple hundred dollar light?

2) You have an XM2010 but aren't realizing that they are teasing you about stuff to tie on to that thing?

My sniff test is isolating a few strains of fecal matter here, but if this is indeed legit - Luck is a bitch. If only because she makes people like this connect with stuff like that. </div></div>

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

I have to ask, how much did you pay for that thing?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Special Delivery</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's the latest version that one of my SF buddies is running, lighter more adjustable cheekpiece with locking tabs, 24" fluted barrel with AAC Brake/Suppressor Mount, and Sphur Mount with 5-25 S&B w/ H59. Jewell trigger as well, and they carry backup tuned Remmy triggers. When I shot it it was running MK248 Mod 0 ammo (190 SMK @3100), because they were having problems with the MK 248 Mod1 (220 SMK) stabilizing properly. It was a laser!! They are also migrating to the 230 Berger OTM which I think is a awesome move. Obviously the SF guys are using different stuff than the big Army, but it's definitely a step up from the original XM2010.

image-5_zpsf2580eac.jpg

image-5_zps6f0ce40f.jpg

image-5_zps2516fd0b.jpg

</div></div>

lol to say the least...agreed.... i like this one much better than the old one

275630_Papel-de-Parede-Meme-Troll-Dad_1920x1200.jpg

Troll....

I'd love to be able to shoot that rifle, maybe some day I will.

Somebody is stir'n the pot real good! He got some of you guys hook, line, and sinker!

My BS meter is red lining!!

On a more serious note, this was meant to be a joke. I just got this sucker in today after a long wait and figured I could have some fun with the reactions of an aimpoint on a bolt gun. Anyways, if anyone has any questions, feel free to ask.

How long did you have that sucker on order?

Great looking rifle, you'll like that scope. Got the same one on my 338 lapua.

About 10 months. And yeah, I'm getting used to the Horus reticle now. As far as I can tell it should be great after some use

I actually did just mount my aimpoint micro on my SRS, on the 3 o'clock rail.

Some Night Vision is totally needed on that to make it shuper shnippery!
wink.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Powder Burns</div><div class="ubbcode-body">how much for the baby cage? </div></div>

Hopefully you don't want to put a child in a cage......