• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pants?

CrabsandFootball

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Apr 28, 2020
Looking to pick up a few pairs of pants for positional shooting and on the clock. As I get older, banging the knees up sounds less and less fun.

I usually wear Patagonia or Prana hiking pants but need something with knee reinforcement.

Thought about getting the Crye Field Pants but then rememberd Duluth is close by. Is anyone running these? They are local so I can go an try it on before buying it.

+

What are you guys running?

I've ran Duluth pants in the past. Never got the Knee pads though. Main downside is they are heavy and suck in hot weather. Not particularly stretchy either (I think they make a DuluthStretch version). Ended up running mostly Kuiu pants now, I like the lighter material and they have side vents I can open if its really hot. I think they have a light kneepad version but I just bring strap on kneepads and I rarely need them in my area.

Reactions: SporterII
OP recommend to check out arcterx knee pads,
can use with whatever pants... no worries

Reactions: dan440
I use those Duluths but with a $5 GI knee pad off ebay. Much lighter. The pants are hot and heavy and not very flexible, but very durable.

RE: Duluth Pants

I have both the Duluth Fire hose Cargo pants, and the relaxed fit carpenter pants. The latter are the most comfortable pants I own/have ever worn. They aren't too hot and have a lot of stretch.

The downside for me is that I usually have a lot of assorted shit in my pockets, and sitting down in the carpenter relaxed fit, because of the material things tend to pop out of the pockets on the car seat, recliner..etc. Perhaps its a hint I don't need to pack so much shit around in me pockets.

If you're patient and sign up on their email list, you should be able to get a 20-30% off coupon and free shipping. I haven't worn either style long enough to speak on their durability (6months) but thus far both are holding up well

Pants are for pansies wear a kilt like a real man , its a kilt or nothing dam it . :oops::oops::eek: balls need air flow to breath lots of air , pants kill sperm counts and constrict movement and limit room for growth , that does not happen with a kilt . lol
1615509707985.png

Last edited:
RE: Duluth Pants

I have both the Duluth Fire hose Cargo pants, and the relaxed fit carpenter pants. The latter are the most comfortable pants I own/have ever worn. They aren't too hot and have a lot of stretch.

The downside for me is that I usually have a lot of assorted shit in my pockets, and sitting down in the carpenter relaxed fit, because of the material things tend to pop out of the pockets on the car seat, recliner..etc. Perhaps its a hint I don't need to pack so much shit around in me pockets.

If you're patient and sign up on their email list, you should be able to get a 20-30% off coupon and free shipping. I haven't worn either style long enough to speak on their durability (6months) but thus far both are holding up well
Yea man!

The reason I am looking at these is the knee pad inserts.

+

Duluth is 10 minutes from the house and no tax so I can go in and try on sizes and if there is an issue can return it there.

• Love
Reactions: DIBBS
I use the Duluth pants

and the neoprene pads.

The fabric is stretchy enough that it hasn't hindered me yet. The pants are warm, but the ones that I linked above aren't that bad. the knee pads create a lot of heat tool, but I do not have a strap going on around my leg and they are always in place.

Ordered a pair of the UF Pro Stryker HT on a recommendation from another shooter at match wearing the XTs. Found some on Amazon so I could use my points. Anarchy Outdoors was the seller. Arrived a few days later and color me impressed. So much so, I ordered the P40 gen 2 and Urban Tactical along with some knee pads to try. They have a free return policy as well. I ordered the second set directly from UF Pro on 5/10 and are scheduled to arrive sometime today/tonight. Super fast from Slovenia. Will give and update once they arrive.

The Stryker HTs feel and wear much lighter than they appear and are extremely comfortable. I anticipate they will be very comfortable in hot weather as well. Summer will tell.

Duluth has recently come out with some nice stretchy, durable, lightweight work pants. Some have knee pad pockets. I bought a few pairs for work and shooting. I like them so far and they weren’t $200 a pair.

Reactions: Changed
Duluth products are OK but I refuse to buy any more due to thier obvious ultra liberal slant.

Reactions: DaveM
Anybody have any experience with Tactical Distributors' Cordell combat pant? My Cryes are getting long in the tooth and they don't seem to ever have sales anymore, haha.

The Urban Tactical and the P40 Gen 2 came in. The P40 Gen 2 are great. Similar to the Combat HT. The Urban Tactical were like baggy Chinos. Sent them back.
I ordered a pair of the P40 Gen 2 All Terain and the Stryker HTs. Along with a set of hard and soft knee pads. Sent the Strykers back in exchange for another pair of P40s, too tactical for me. The P40s for me are more functional for matches and at the same time low key for work pants.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I ordered a pair of the P40 Gen 2 All Terain and the Stryker HTs. Along with a set of hard and soft knee pads. Sent the Strykers back in exchange for another pair of P40s, too tactical for me. The P40s for me are more functional for matches and at the same time low key for work pants.
I'll probably order another pair of the P40s in another color. Definitely low key.

How would you compare the 'soft' to the 'hard' knee pads? I bought the 'hard' and the small that insert in the front of either knee pad or in the Stryker knee.

I'll probably order another pair of the P40s in another color. Definitely low key.

How would you compare the 'soft' to the 'hard' knee pads? I bought the 'hard' and the small that insert in the front of either knee pad or in the Stryker knee.
The hard shells are inserted in the front of the soft ones. They give a little more protection from kneeling on rocks or empty cases on the range when taking kneeling positions.

So glad I found this thread. I've been wanting knee pads at matches and would really rather not drop almost $300 on a pair of Crye pants. There are some good looking options here.

Less tactical. but more 'posey hunter' are Sitka Timberlines. I find the pockets aren't my preferred layout, but they have reinforced knees and butt - the knees take a soft foam insert, which removes for washing and for more comfort on the drive to/from the range. The reinforced butt is great for rocky ground. FWOW, I think you can see them in some of the videos of Sam Millard's son.

I’m using a pair of ACU pants with the Duluth neoprene pads in the pad pockets. Fit it perfect in that the pads
508D1BA5-C66B-4710-8183-A7BE0CEDF5CA.png
have a slight curl to them. Plop down on the knees is pure comfort now.
508D1BA5-C66B-4710-8183-A7BE0CEDF5CA.png

Another vote in favor of the UF Pro Stryker HT. Great gear for warm weather

The Duluth pants fit me, weird. I'm 5'10", 237lbs. I wear a 36-38 inch waist. This leaves me tons of room in the waist and generally fit good in the legs and hips. Even with the extra room in the waste, the pockets on the Duluth pants pucker and the rise is way high, so the fly area bunches and is too big. It's like they're cut for men with big, lower guts. Love the fabric. Hate the cut.

Last edited:
I own two sets of UF Pro and love them. After years of inferior 5.11 pants, I figured the four pair of 5.11’s I went though in a year cost the same as one set of UF Proc so I’d give them a try. You won’t see 5.11 in my closet anymore.

I am running a pair of Pnuma's Tenacity pants for PRS and hunting use. I loved my first pair so much that I went back and bought 1 size bigger so I can layer up with thicker thermals when it's <40°. Pockets galore, removable knee cushions, stretchy waist band, adjustable ankle openings, inner waist band is rubberized. I normally wear 36x30 and for warm weather use I went with 34x30. Bought the 36x30 when I layer up because Pnuma's run big. I did snag a barbwire fence and tore a hole in my thigh earlier this spring. It was covered under warranty.

Ran the StrykerHT in mid 80s last weekend. Did not have any heat issues with the pants. Gonna be in the 90s on Saturday's match. I'll report back, but I expect to be good to go.

Looking to pick up a few pairs of pants for positional shooting and on the clock. As I get older, banging the knees up sounds less and less fun.

I usually wear Patagonia or Prana hiking pants but need something with knee reinforcement.

Thought about getting the Crye Field Pants but then rememberd Duluth is close by. Is anyone running these? They are local so I can go an try it on before buying it.

+

What are you guys running?
Been running the Duluth ones for a few years now. Extremely comfortable.

Just placed my order for another pair of STRIKER HT’s in a smaller size and I’m also trying out a pair of the P-40 URBAN pants in the new size. The HT’s are that good that I wanted a new pair that fits better.

got an email from anarchy outdoors today. 10% off code dad21. I orders my striker pants from them. They shipped it fast.

got an email from anarchy outdoors today. 10% off code dad21. I orders my striker pants from them. They shipped it fast.
Canceled my order for a second pair of UF pros with them this past week. Took my order and payment 3 weeks ago. 2 weeks later no status given and I messaged to get status other than just "backordered" They replied no definitive delivery date, stating possibly 2-3 months. Ridiculous.
My son is visiting family friends in London next month, ordered 2 pairs directly from UF Pro to be mailed to them. My son will bring them back.

Canceled my order for a second pair of UF pros with them this past week. Took my order and payment 3 weeks ago. 2 weeks later no status given and I messaged to get status other than just "backordered" They replied no definitive delivery date, stating possibly 2-3 months. Ridiculous.
My son is visiting family friends in London next month, ordered 2 pairs directly from UF Pro to be mailed to them. My son will bring them back.
I ordered direct from UF Pro and had mine in several days. Incredibly fast. I was also able to make a return and didn't have to leave the house. It took a week or two to get my refund though. Anarchy was fast ship for me as well.

Reactions: Boxerglocker