• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pappy Van Winckles burbon

Finris

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 20, 2003
Is.
I know one of you guys here has got to have an in with the new 20 year old stuff that just came onto the market. Send me bottle for your penitence!!! Or a case.....

You are going to have a very hard time finding that stuff, and it'll almost certainly run you one-eighty per bottle, if not more. If you truly are interested in getting some, PM me and I'll forward you a URL I have for an online enthusiasts' forum wherein, if you keep an eye out for it daily, you can get some after a few months' patience. For good or ill, Van Winkle's has become hip and hyped beyond any whiskey I've seen, so chasing it resembles hunting the White Whale.

-David

You are going to have a very hard time finding that stuff, and it'll almost certainly run you one-eighty per bottle, if not more. If you truly are interested in getting some, PM me and I'll forward you a URL I have for an online enthusiasts' forum wherein, if you keep an eye out for it daily, you can get some after a few months' patience. For good or ill, Van Winkle's has become hip and hyped beyond any whiskey I've seen, so chasing it resembles hunting the White Whale.

-David

Even the good lower cost bourbons have become cultist bottles on the west coast. Black Maple Hill was a really good bourbon that was easily found and very well priced...until a bunch of rat bastard, probably liberal, Californians decided to make it a cult classic. My guess is they are probably (SACRILEGE!) mixing it too. The same can be said of Michter's,and many other basic good bourbons. But the heresy of the mixologist on the west coast is the worst thing ever! They should be taken out and beaten for even thinking of mixing such fine, well aged bottles!

Pappy Van Winckles burbon

If you are ever in Northern Michigan there is a supplier which has it available for purchase regularly... Apparently some people connected with the brand the have a cottage nearby (at least that's the rumor).