• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Parallax knob moving during recoil

sosicmcise

Sergeant
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
I have a Leupold MK4 3.5-10x40mm FFP, with a Premier Gen II reticle in it, it has the M3 turrets as well. Ive had the scope for about 4 years now but lately Ive noticed that after setting & checking my parallax adjustment for the distance that i'm shooting, it will move after firing less than 5 shots. (Also this is mounted on a .308) It's not that big of a deal to me, i'm accustomed to having a little parallax mixed into the equation. I'm just curious as to how common it is with other Leupold optics.

No, I dont have the coin to go buy a S&B, Premier, NF, Super Sniper, or USO. I actually really like the simplicity and compactness of the scope and I love the Gen II reticle. Has anyone ever sent one back to Leupold or Premier in order to have this fixed?

Maybe I should just riggers tape the turret in place! That would be the authentic "period correct" way to fix it.

Any experience would be greatly appreciated.

S/F

Re: Parallax knob moving during recoil

I have a Premier moded Leupold also, havent had any probs, but I cked the warranty on Premier's web site before I bought it from a friend. There was some issues between premier and Leupold over who would fix the thing if it broke...

This is from Premiers web site

"Premier-modified Leupold scopes:

Premier Reticles will continue to honor the warranty, at no cost to the customer, on Premier modified Leupolds for parts and craftsmanship that are deemed defective . If the scope cannot be repaired to the satisfaction of the customer then Premier Reticles will seek an adequate remedy which could include, but is not limited to:

1. Reimbursement of repairs costs charged by the OE company
2. Applying the used market value of such against the purchase of a new Premier product

Premier Reticles cannot perform any new modifications to Leupold optics such as power boosting, custom reticles, or turret conversions. For more information regarding Leupold modifications you may contact the Leupold Custom Shop

Are you dialing to infinity first and then back to where you need it? If not, it may just be backlash.

I always dial it to infinity first before setting my parallax, but it still happens.

I'll give Premier a call and see if they can tighten it up for me.

Thanks