• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Parker Hale Problems

breezernate

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 4, 2010
Johnson City, TN
www.schwaniger.pro
I have problems with my Parker Hale bipod. It is mounted on a spigot on the front via an Anchutz rail.

1) Legs fall out. I tied them at max exension with 550 cord. Annoying when bipod "self deploys".

2) Loading bipod in prone is almost impossible because:

a) round smooth feet slip on almost anything.
b) ball-and-socket joint at bottom allows feet to rotate about the joint. Foot edge digs in, and entire leg rotates around that edge.
c) When loading and pushing rifle forward, springloaded legs move toward one another as the feet slip, until entire bipod folds to the rear, similar to how it is designed to stow facing forward.

Anybody experienced this?

Nate

Re: Parker Hale Problems

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigNate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have problems with my Parker Hale bipod. It is mounted on a spigot on the front via an Anchutz rail.

1) Legs fall out. I tied them at max exension with 550 cord. Annoying when bipod "self deploys".

b) ball-and-socket joint at bottom allows feet to rotate about the joint. Foot edge digs in, and entire leg rotates around that edge.
c) When loading and pushing rifle forward, springloaded legs move toward one another as the feet slip, until entire bipod folds to the rear, similar to how it is designed to stow facing forward.

Nate
</div></div>

Howdy.Could you post a pic of your bipod?I've used an original steel PH for sometime and I've never seen one like you describe.The legs should not fall out it is designed to fold either way and I've never seen one with round feet. I might be wrong but it would help to see it.Is it steel or aluminum?It almost sounds like a Versapod or a knock off PH.Don't take offense just thinking out loud.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BigNate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have problems with my Parker Hale bipod. It is mounted on a spigot on the front via an Anchutz rail.

Nate
</div></div>
Yeah- Get a different bipod!

Could be Versa Pod, but the engraved markings on the side that say "Parker Hale" persuade me otherwise.

Could it be a fake?

In one of the photos you can clearly see the "ball and socket" joint at the bottom, with the round feet. I think this is the cause of the most problem with this setup. The feet are supposed to pivot to match the terrian, I suppose, but it doesn't work that well in actuality.

Nate