• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Parker HaleTarget barrel M98 & New Savage build

fmsniper

1st Sergeant
Minuteman
Was bored searching through my garage down state and found a Parker N Hale M82 Target barrel, I cut it t 20 inch and dura-coat it, mounted it on a VZ24, Action trued, lugs lapped, dev-con steel bed into a ATI stock, I gave it a 11 degree target crown, will shoot it tomorrow.

P1290402.jpg

P1290403.jpg

P1290405.jpg

back from the range

used 168 grain American Eagle, shot .536 then using the 3rd mildot on the cheap tasco scope I shot the steel target at 400 with all 1st round hits, not bad for a mauser laying around

m98ph.jpg

P1290407.jpg

painted the action and barrel brown

-----------------------------------------------------

I also built this savage 10 this week, I bought the action and barrel from a Hide member, i glass bed it Devcon steel bed into a B&C Stock, mounted a Leupold MK4 on it and shot 168 grain American Eagle, got a group of
.449 center to center
targs10.jpg

P1290408.jpg

Re: Parker HaleTarget barrel M98 & New Savage build

Looks great, and looks like it's a shooter.

OT question. Can those VZ24 actions handle the 3.6" COAL for the .375 H&H class of cartridges?