• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Patriot valley turn time

I can appreciate them getting things out the door faster, but it seems like they’re prioritizing the newer orders over those already waiting. Short lead times for new orders, but older orders still wait

Gotta keep the cash coming in the door to make those Haas payments, otherwise no one gets their barrels. :(

I ordered a 6.5 creedmoor barrel for my Ruger American at the end of May and had it in hand 5 weeks later. It’s a damn shooter and I will definitely order my future barrels from them.

Just my opinion/view but if you have been waiting longer than the lead time they quoted you, odds are it is late due to circumstances beyond their control. (Waiting on the blank or who knows)

I can appreciate them getting things out the door faster, but it seems like they’re prioritizing the newer orders over those already waiting. Short lead times for new orders, but older orders still wait
You call a 14 week wait a short turn when they said 3-4? I’m on 9 weeks and they told me today 4-5 more weeks like they said 4 weeks ago. I ordered in June

You call a 14 week wait a short turn when they said 3-4? I’m on 9 weeks and they told me today 4-5 more weeks like they said 4 weeks ago. I ordered in June

No, I think you misunderstood my post. They’re advertising reduced wait times, and saying they’re getting them out fast. People are getting theirs from very recent sales in record time, but it seems like those that ordered awhile ago are still waiting. Hoping I get mine soon

Reactions: Ghost145
No, I think you misunderstood my post. They’re advertising reduced wait times, and saying they’re getting them out fast. People are getting theirs from very recent sales in record time, but it seems like those that ordered awhile ago are still waiting. Hoping I get mine soon

What exactly did you order?

Reactions: BLKWLFK9
For which action? Special request barrel blank? Special request twist rate? Things of that nature

Impact action. I think the only thing special was cut rifled and cerakote. I originally had it for a nucleus, but called in June to have it switched to an Impact. They said no problem

Impact action. I think the only thing special was cut rifled and cerakote. I originally had it for a nucleus, but called in June to have it switched to an Impact. They said no problem

Gotcha. I know the cut Rifle and cerakote add alittle bit of time. But I wouldn’t think it’d add too much time. Have you reached out to Jeremy recently?

I placed an order for a minuteman with trigger 24" m24 contour 308 buttoned no cerakote on July 22, patiently waiting. Good things come to those who wait. Mmmmmmmmm

Gotcha. I know the cut Rifle and cerakote add alittle bit of time. But I wouldn’t think it’d add too much time. Have you reached out to Jeremy recently?

Ya, I figured they would, and may not be typical of the blanks they’ve been getting. That’s why I’ve been patiently waiting. Since it seems like lots have been getting theirs recently, I hope that means mine is coming up. I haven’t bugged them. Not in a hurry right now, and figure they’ll get to it when they do. It does seem like wait times are coming down from before

Ya, I figured they would, and may not be typical of the blanks they’ve been getting. That’s why I’ve been patiently waiting. Since it seems like lots have been getting theirs recently, I hope that means mine is coming up. I haven’t bugged them. Not in a hurry right now, and figure they’ll get to it when they do. It does seem like wait times are coming down from before

When I originally ordered at the end of May they quoted 12-14 weeks I think...about 3-4 weeks later I saw a social media post from them about a turnaround in like 3-4 weeks time...so I inquired and they informed me my barrel was in the finishing stages. I was extremely happy to receive it much quicker than they quoted.

But I would have been fine waiting longer. I just wanted it by October to develop a load by November deer season

When I originally ordered at the end of May they quoted 12-14 weeks I think...about 3-4 weeks later I saw a social media post from them about a turnaround in like 3-4 weeks time...so I inquired and they informed me my barrel was in the finishing stages. I was extremely happy to receive it much quicker than they quoted.

But I would have been fine waiting longer. I just wanted it by October to develop a load by November deer season

Glad to hear yours came in! Just gets me more excited to get mine

Reactions: Backcountryguy
i'm still waiting for a Nucleus Barreled ACtion ordered end of August 2018. Also had 2 barrels ordered end of Jan 2019. It took about 5 months to ship one of my barrels, however, the emailed showed 2 shipped. Still waiting on my 300PRC bbl, however, it's not something they have on shelf. I asked for 8.5tw and 25" M24 profile 300PRC bbl. I just hope they didn't forget about it.

Wanted to order a few more barrels for the DaysofDog sale, but man, would like to have my BA and 300PRC bbl (hopefully same time as the Archimedes gets shipped)

I just got shipping notification for a Dog Days of 6.5 barrel ordered on 27 July.
I did to. Has yours actually shipped? Mine has not. Ordered a barrel nut on Tuesday got tracking that same day , but it hasn’t shipped either

Got my email today that my 6.5 barrel from the Dog Days sale has shipped. 22" button rifled, threaded muzzle for my Origin.

I did to. Has yours actually shipped? Mine has not. Ordered a barrel nut on Tuesday got tracking that same day , but it hasn’t shipped either

Does not appear that it has; shows "pre-transit".

I expect it'll go out today, tomorrow at the latest.

Reactions: jmw
Looks like PVA blocked Private messages? tried to send Josh and Jeremy a msg, but not allowed?

Does not appear that it has; shows "pre-transit".

I expect it'll go out today, tomorrow at the latest.

Tracking shows my PVA Dog Days barrel arrived at a distribution center 20mi from my house at 0130 this morning; not sure if it'll be delivered today or Monday.

We did block private messages because we are super busy right now. We are trying to consolidate all comms through email and phones. Josh does not have oversight like I do on order status and sending an email followed up by a PM to Josh typically doesn't speed things up. I am the one who runs the production schedule and prints the barrel tags. I do my best to give honest lead times and try my best to help all of our customers out as much as I can. You can always pick up the phone and call us during phone hours. The phone basically rings non-stop and I do my best to answer every call. If no one answers call back. Someone will answer unless we are on another call.

I blocked my PM's because I'm on here so infrequently sometimes the PM's go unanswered for days, even weeks. I've left my email on here that goes directly to me in many places and I try like hell to get back to everyone quickly although I've been behind lately. It's listed at the end for reference. I've been working on builds and training a new full time employee who is doing a great job. Some of you may have already spoke with Joe on the phone.

Josh and the guys have been knocking barrels out left and right. We got 3 crates of barrels in over about a 3-4 week period. We've gone through about 80-100 or so barrels in the last week or so and we've got roughly the same to go and we will be almost 100% caught up. We also had to do a run of barrel nuts, muzzle brakes and other small parts because we were out of a lot of things. A lot of the older barrels got mixed with the sale. It's easier for us to run everything in batches than it is to keep switching tooling. We've continued to increase efficiency, while not compromising quality, to be able to offer a better service in the future.

Moving forward we are planning to have barrels on hand and not be waiting for crates. Rock Creek has done a great job catching up on barrel orders and things moving forward should much more streamlined. The next two weeks I am going to be concentrating on getting barrels and builds out the door.

We also have about 40 barrels on the shelf. These are nearly inventoried and will be up on the website in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully that clears some things up. Hope everyone got out shooting this weekend!

[email protected]

Consider myself fortunate... Ordered dog days 22" Rock Creek 6.5 and got it in 5 weeks. Barrel is on an Impact Action in an MPA comp chassis. Only shot it 9 times ...3 to sight in and 2 3 shot groups (a very small sample size to say the least) with some rounds on had previously loaded for a Savage 12. One group with Hornady 140 bthp and the other with 147 eldms. H 4350. Did not take chrony as I just wanted to get a few down the pipe. You guys that are unfortunately waiting...it is worth the wait from what I can see so far
20190908_181920.jpg
20190908_181856.jpg

Last edited:
Consider myself fortunate... Ordered dog days 22" Rock Creek 6.5 and got it in 5 weeks. Barrel is on an Impact Action in an MPA comp chassis. Only shot it 9 times ...3 to sight in and 2 3 shot groups (a very small sample size to say the least) with some rounds on had previously loaded for a Savage 12. One group with Hornady 140 bthp and the other with 147 eldms. H 4350. Did not take chrony as I just wanted to get a few down the pipe. You guys that are unfortunately waiting...it is worth the wait from what I can see so farView attachment 7144348View attachment 7144349
Consider myself fortunate... Ordered dog days 22" Rock Creek 6.5 and got it in 5 weeks. Barrel is on an Impact Action in an MPA comp chassis. Only shot it 9 times ...3 to sight in and 2 3 shot groups (a very small sample size to say the least) with some rounds on had previously loaded for a Savage 12. One group with Hornady 140 bthp and the other with 147 eldms. H 4350. Did not take chrony as I just wanted to get a few down the pipe. You guys that are unfortunately waiting...it is worth the wait from what I can see so farView attachment 7144348View attachment 7144349
Right on I wasn’t so lucky I’ll have mine tomorrow, ordered in June. Hope the quality that I hear about is there!

Reactions: 10ring1
I went to order a 280AI for my Tikka.... not on the list of calibers. :mad:

I’ve ordered a 7mm Sherman button barrel from PVA back in November last year. Received an emailed on July this year telling me that rock creek having problems with their button toolings for their .284 barrels and they have a couple cut rifle barrels on hand suggested me to add 75 dollars more for their cut rifle barrel instead, but I didn’t feel paying the extra 75 dollars becuase I’ve waited almost 8 months instead of 16-19 weeks, so I ask them if they have any .264 button barrel on hand with the same contour and chamber in 6.5cm, they said they do and will get my barrel on the lathe asap, received an email from them a week later stating that my barrel is on the process. It’s been two months later I still haven’t receive any shipment info.........

I will never do business again with PVA I don’t care how good their barrel shoots, I’ve had 2-3 weeks turn around times with keystone accuracy and paradigm gunworx, both of their barrels shoot lights out with the bench mark chambered by paradigm shoots a little better, sure it cost 2-300 dollars more from paradigm, but they stand behind their promised time and work.

With PVA I still haven’t got the barrel that I didn’t really wanted from them, that’s what makes me disappointed.

I’ve ordered a 7mm Sherman button barrel from PVA back in November last year. Received an emailed on July this year telling me that rock creek having problems with their button toolings for their .284 barrels and they have a couple cut rifle barrels on hand suggested me to add 75 dollars more for their cut rifle barrel instead, but I didn’t feel paying the extra 75 dollars becuase I’ve waited almost 8 months instead of 16-19 weeks, so I ask them if they have any .264 button barrel on hand with the same contour and chamber in 6.5cm, they said they do and will get my barrel on the lathe asap, received an email from them a week later stating that my barrel is on the process. It’s been two months later I still haven’t receive any shipment info.........

I will never do business again with PVA I don’t care how good their barrel shoots, I’ve had 2-3 weeks turn around times with keystone accuracy and paradigm gunworx, both of their barrels shoot lights out with the bench mark chambered by paradigm shoots a little better, sure it cost 2-300 dollars more from paradigm, but they stand behind their promised time and work.

With PVA I still haven’t got the barrel that I didn’t really wanted from them, that’s what makes me disappointed.

I have a few things I'd like to order from them but I'm not going to. I went through a similar experience with an action I ordered about 1.5 years ago. It basically took 9 months longer than they said it would and that was with repeated hounding by me. I just can't trust that I'll receive anything within or even close to the stated time frame. It's too bad because it seems like they do great work.

ALWAYS some excuse with Patriot Valley. If it isn't a problem with Rock Creek it's a problem with KRG or American Rifle Company ( who is squirelly also). My opinion, it's a cash flow problem. Buying the parts needed for a rifle ordered and paid for a year ago with the money that Mr. X sent today. Mr. X gets to wait till Mr. Y buys something a year from now so PVA can buy what is needed for Mr. X's rifle.
No, I won't spend another dime with them and I've talked several friends out of purchasing rifles from PVA. I just send them the links to the various threads here on SH and tell them to read the horror stories.

Last edited:
Reactions: 702shooter
And how’s that supposed to be taken by someone who ordered beginning of this year and still has seen a thing but the “in production” email and another “3-4 weeks” over 5 weeks ago?

Doesn’t sound like any recent success to me.
hahaha you got the point right there!

With PVA and others, I try to control as much as possible.
Buy the action and stock (chassis) from someone that has it in stock
Buy the barrel you want form Bugholes or OTMtactical or whoever
Then send the barrel to have chambered by the place you want.
Your only waiting the 1-4 months for the barrel to be chambered and the rest is ready to go.
Has been working for me that way for years. Plan ahead..

Reactions: Wags
So, someone explain this phenomenon to me.

I realized something that basically, every gunsmith in the fucking universe that can't get work out the door on time has in common; somewhere in their justification of taking longer than expected is always a mention of them 'moving their shop'. Literally, its 100% of the time, if they're behind, this shows up, to the point that if I ever had any custom work done again I'd ask up front if they ever planned on moving again and when, because I'm just going to avoid you.

I think I may have cracked the code; Moving the shop = prepare for a shitshow.

I realized something that basically, every gunsmith in the fucking universe that can't get work out the door on time has in common; somewhere in their justification of taking longer than expected is always a mention of them 'moving their shop'. Literally, its 100% of the time, if they're behind, this shows up, to the point that if I ever had any custom work done again I'd ask up front if they ever planned on moving again and when, because I'm just going to avoid you.

Only flaw in this story is they apparently continue to have group sales and some where along the way decided to decide new orders superseded old ones. The wait time, while a nuisance, isn’t anything new or scandalous considering many places are over optimistic on “lead time”.

It’s the concept of new orders all of a sudden being within the advertised lead times with prior orders left unfilled doesn’t seem to be a solid way to win continued business.

Only flaw in this story is they apparently continue to have group sales and some where along the way decided to decide new orders superseded old ones. The wait time, while a nuisance, isn’t anything new or scandalous considering many places are over optimistic on “lead time”.

It’s the concept of new orders all of a sudden being within the advertised lead times with prior orders left unfilled doesn’t seem to be a solid way to win continued business.

Yeah I get that.

It was just some of the lead time issues, as with almost every other place I've ever seen, had the 'moving the shop' part to it. For some reason that is always around when a shitshow is about to present itself.

Putting out new orders while older orders are sitting is pretty bad.

It’s all a cash flow game. They fund their shop moves, new equipment, upgrades, etc with peoples orders. Then they have to fund those people’s builds/orders with new orders.

It’s all a cash flow game. They fund their shop moves, new equipment, upgrades, etc with peoples orders. Then they have to fund those people’s builds/orders with new orders.

So yeah, moving the shop = prepare for a shit show.

I think my hypothesis is sound.

Gonna be interesting to see on their labor day sale if they meet the "Guaranteed Oct.1 ship date" they posted on the website.
Of course that might be a 2020 date LOL!
Wish in one hand and shit in the other......

"Guaranteed Oct. 1 ship date" or what? Or you just wait until whatever gets shipped? What is their guarantee?

Gonna be interesting to see on their labor day sale if they meet the "Guaranteed Oct.1 ship date" they posted on the website.
Of course that might be a 2020 date LOL!
Wish in one hand and shit in the other......

That's why I ordered my barrel from that labor day sale as replacement for one that has only 150rds on it, lol.

Reactions: Ghost145