• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Patriot valley turn time

Gonna be interesting to see on their labor day sale if they meet the "Guaranteed Oct.1 ship date" they posted on the website.
Of course that might be a 2020 date LOL!
Wish in one hand and shit in the other......

I had my Dog Days of 6.5 barrel delivered 28 days after ordering.

Got my dog days in a month. I put 10/11 rounds in about 1/3 MOA (the flyer made it 1moa) so I ordered another one for the labor day sale. 6.5 cm's. medium palma and heavy palma respectively. Shouldered origin prefits.

Reactions: Estes640
So customers who have been waiting months after initial lead time and weeks after the 3-4 week email getting partial refunds as well?

Or just the pleasure of paying full and getting put behind the line of those that didn’t and haven’t waited long?

No reason to get feisty with me. I’m just stating facts at this point. Not defending their actions, just letting everyone know what the current situation is. Make your own moral decisions on whether you want to do business with them again or not.

I ordered a barrel in their July fourth sale and received in in 1 weeks and two days. Their guarantee on the current sales and what they have kept is partial refunds if they don’t deliver. From my understanding they haven’t missed a deadline since that July fourth sale yet.

To answer your first question I don’t believe anyone from the original barrel sales is getting refunds as the barrels weren’t garunteed.

To also add, I believe a lot of their current sales have been overruns from rock creek that are barrels in house. I.e. no wait from manufacturer.

No reason to get feisty with me. I’m just stating facts at this point. Not defending their actions, just letting everyone know what the current situation is. Make your own moral decisions on whether you want to do business with them again or not.

I ordered a barrel in their July fourth sale and received in in 1 weeks and two days. Their guarantee on the current sales and what they have kept is partial refunds if they don’t deliver. From my understanding they haven’t missed a deadline since that July fourth sale yet.

To answer your first question I don’t believe anyone from the original barrel sales is getting refunds as the barrels weren’t garunteed.

To also add, I believe a lot of their current sales have been overruns from rock creek that are barrels in house. I.e. no wait from manufacturer.

There’s nothing feisty nor personal in anything I’ve said or intended. I don’t harbor resentment to anyone there (I’ve met Josh in person twice - he’s a very nice and polite guy).

It’s also not a moral decision. Its pretty much strictly business and in the end of the day provide what’s been paid for or just refund the money back so I can use it towards the same thing elsewhere. You’d feel the same if it was you and they would feel the same if it was them.

I just received an email from PVA today with shipping info and tracking, hopefully for the rest of you guys won’t be waiting too long. Unfortunately I’ve waited long enough......

@bohem

Must say I’m super happy with my PVA prefit so far. These are some groups from my second round of load development and velocity is screaming fast.

Tikka Tac A1 w/ PVA 26” shouldered prefit.

6.5 Creedmoor 140 ELD / 42gr H4350 going 2,800 fps

Attachments

• A628C7CA-A5DB-40E1-9B73-B0203AD544FE.jpeg
    A628C7CA-A5DB-40E1-9B73-B0203AD544FE.jpeg
    426.1 KB · Views: 72
  • 8028E439-BB82-4EF9-914A-7C1AE7C282DA.jpeg
    8028E439-BB82-4EF9-914A-7C1AE7C282DA.jpeg
    394.2 KB · Views: 77
Reactions: gebhardt02
I received an email the other day from pva saying my barreled action was nearing completion and asking for payment. Has anyone else had this happen and if so how long did it take to get the completed product after the initial payment request? I dont really feel comfortable paying for something not completed.

20190920_183329.jpg

5 shots with my PVA 22" 6.5 creedmoor. I know its only one group but this is load development. I have been working with h4350 and 147 eldm. Don't think I've shot a group over 1/2" yet. More than pleased. Ecstatic would be an understatement

Sent PVA a barrel to chamber for the Labor Day sale. (6x47)
They received it on Sept. 3rd.
Just received email Monday with tracking that it shipped out.
One day short of 3 weeks. (y)

Reactions: jmw
Sent PVA a barrel to chamber for the Labor Day sale. (6x47)
They received it on Sept. 3rd.
Just received email Monday with tracking that it shipped out.
One day short of 3 weeks. (y)

Very nice. I decided to roll the dice on an Origin shouldered prefit. I'm not in a rush, but here's to hoping it arrives before the end of the year.

I’ve had LRI do all my guns, but damn those pva barrels shoot and those sale prices make it a no brainer

Reactions: Billiam1211
Anybody have experience with patriot valley's turn time? I ordered an rpr barrel and was curious. I am having difficulty getting any replies from them, I assume it is from being really busy.

I’ll never order a thing from them again and will strongly discourage anyone else from doing so unless they don’t need it for 3-6 months. Maybe I’m naïve, but when I was told 5-7 weeks back in mid-July, I believed it. This is an 8 twist, button rifled, 6.5 mm barrel, which isn’t hard to come by. A friend of mine ordered two barrels for their Labor Day sale and has them already. Like everyone else on here has pointed out, regular customers get the high hard one once they have your money as you’ll get bumped to the back of the line. I appreciate honesty, and they just tell you what you need to hear to get your money.

I’ll never order a thing from them again and will strongly discourage anyone else from doing so unless they don’t need it for 3-6 months. Maybe I’m naïve, but when I was told 5-7 weeks back in mid-July, I believed it. This is an 8 twist, button rifled, 6.5 mm barrel, which isn’t hard to come by. A friend of mine ordered two barrels for their Labor Day sale and has them already. Like everyone else on here has pointed out, regular customers get the high hard one once they have your money as you’ll get bumped to the back of the line. I appreciate honesty, and they just tell you what you need to hear to get your money.

Have to get them on a sale. Got my summer sale and labor day sale barrels in a few weeks.

I ordered (2) barrels on 9-4-19. They are on the way and will be delivered on 10/1/19. Less than 4 weeks from order to being received. This was during their most recent 6.5 barrel sale.

Is it really surprising when they promise new customers that they’ll get 50 bucks if the timeline isn’t met and the new customers get their shit on time while the old customers wait even longer? I’m not saying it’s right by any means, but it’s definitely a good way to lose/piss off your existing customer base.

I ordered (2) barrels on 9-4-19. They are on the way and will be delivered on 10/1/19. Less than 4 weeks from order to being received. This was during their most recent 6.5 barrel sale.

Glad you got you got the service you paid for. I sure as fuck didn’t.

That’s great and all. But let me ask you this: why are you patronizing a shop who has customers with unfilled orders from 2018 and early 2019, and who is deceiving customers with false promises and half truths?

Glad you got you got the service you paid for. I sure as fuck didn’t.
It does suck and it isn’t right.

That’s great and all. But let me ask you this: why are you patronizing a shop who has customers with unfilled orders from 2018 and early 2019, and who is deceiving customers with false promises and half truths?
I said way early in this thread that it wasn’t right and it would cost them customers. It is dishonest. I still feel that way. It is hard to pass up a a threaded barrel for just over $400 shipped with a guaranteed delivery of 30 days or it’s cheaper yet. That’s why I did.

It is hard to pass up a a threaded barrel for just over $400 shipped with a guaranteed delivery of 30 days or it’s cheaper yet.

I looked at that sale and considered it, then passed even though it was a great price.

I've had a couple barrels done through PVA and bought a couple actions from them a few years ago. Every single transaction resulted in a totally blown lead time quote. What killed me though was the half-truths and changing story about status when I would check in. Oh it's done just needs to be threaded. Followed next month with ... your barrel is heading to the lathe to get chambered in the next batch. (?!?) That and "Oh that action we told you is on the shelf and ready to ship is not available" when the only reason I ordered was because it was on the shelf. I was done ordering from them after that.

A good friend sent in a barrel blank with a discount cert for a chamber job. The lost the blank and the cert and he had to call them to remind them of his order a year later. They finally get it done and the muzzle threads barely fit. He doesn't have the heart to call and tell them about the issue, just lives with it.

Josh is a nice guy, chatted on the phone several times. But i won't do business with them given the way things were running and my past experience as a customer.

You don't fix a business with blowout sales, that just smells like a last gasp for operational cash. Who cares if it is a smoking deal when things go tits up and then no one gets their product. Not saying that's actually what's happening here but it's a something I thought about when I didn't place an order.

I'd consider doing business with PVA again once they stop jumping from new project to new project, get the operational side of things cleaned up to run an honest FIFO shop with accurate lead time quotes, and then buckle down and do quality work and meet customer needs. A couple years of happy customers and smooth sailing will go a long way to change perceptions. Not gonna fix it with sales, with the latest mad scientist power jet blast 5 port brake version 2 or preorders on a new invention.

It’s disappointing for sure. My pva barrel shoots amazing, but it’s hard to give them my money without knowing for sure how long it’ll take to get the product.

Looks like PVA has upped their game. Got shipping notice on 1 of 2 barrels ordered during their Labor Day sale. Waiting on 2 more bbls, but those are a bit out of the norm.

Also, received my Barreled Action from them, haven't had a chance to assemble, but hope to get out and shoot it soon!

Good Job PVA!

Last edited:
Reactions: 10ring1
Looks like PVA has upped their game. Got shipping notice on 1 of 2 barrels ordered during their Labor Day sale. Waiting on 2 more bbls, but those are a bit out of the norm.

Also, received my Barreled Action from them, haven't had a chance to assemble, but hope to get out and shoot it soon!

Good Job PVA!
what action if you don't mind me asking?

This is great! got shipping notice for my 2nd Labor Day bbl!!!

Gee this is just great, my order for a prefit Impact cut rifled barrel went in Dec of 2018 and I'm still waiting 10 months later, meanwhile they come out with new products, efforts at high volume sales and people who ordered well after I did are getting barrels. Worst delay I've experienced from this industry. I'm very disapointed. I could have gotten several barrels and shot them out in the amount of time I've been waiting but hey they are only off by a factor of 300% and counting so far in the lead time estimate.

It definitely sucks man but like most all you can do is wait and just make sure you don’t make the mistake twice. My last words with Josh I told him man you need to get your sh*t together. Stop making new muzzle brakes and other accessories there are other companies that can have that market. Just be honest hell if you need a year tell me. I get mad when you say 3 months and it 6 months in and everytime it’s another excuse.

Reactions: rookie7
Congratulations on supporting a liar. You are part of the problem.

So by attacking other members and telling them who not to order from, what are you trying to accomplish? Leave the guys alone and go be a sour puss somewhere else.

To all the guys getting their barrels, that’s awesome! I hope they shoot well for you. Mine from PVA always have and I’ve had no issues personally with them.

So by attacking other members and telling them who not to order from, what are you trying to accomplish? Leave the guys alone and go be a sour puss somewhere else.

To all the guys getting their barrels, that’s awesome! I hope they shoot well for you. Mine from PVA always have and I’ve had no issues personally with them.

It’s been said before, people will spend money where they want. I get that.

But I believe turning a blind eye to wrong doing is... wrong.

What am I trying to accomplish? Persuade people to support shops that treat customers well, rather than supporting shops like PVA that pull this kind of shit, and in turn raising the bar for the industry.

Do you think what PVA is doing is acceptable? If so, you’re part of the problem too.

Some of you act like this has NEVER happened before, and is unique to PVA.

Its not.

I’ve had to wait longer than projected for a barrel and barreled action from PVA, but never felt lied to and Josh has always taken time to answer MY questions; I’ve also been satisfied with the end product.

Spend money however you want, but totally fuck trying to shame people over the shops they choose...your experience might have sucked but our experiences aren’t yours.

Its not.

I’ve had to wait longer than projected for a barrel and barreled action from PVA, but never felt lied to and Josh has always taken time to answer MY questions; I’ve also been satisfied with the end product.

Spend money however you want, but totally fuck trying to shame people over the shops they choose...your experience might have sucked but our experiences aren’t yours.

Glad you had a good experience. But like you said your experience isn't necessarily anyone else's. The bottom line is if you support a business that lies and deceives their customers, you are accepting that behavior and telling the market it is "ok".

Glad you had a good experience. But like you said your experience isn't necessarily anyone else's. The bottom line is if you support a business that lies and deceives their customers, you are accepting that behavior and telling the market it is "ok".

I don’t believe anyone is telling them that the behavior is acceptable. I think they very well understand that is something they can’t do again. Hence what I believe is one of the reasons they are putting ship dates on the sales that they have been doing, with guarantees of money back if they don’t meet deadlines. I also believe they had a huge reduction in business do to it, but I believe they will fight to get their customer base back.

In the end we are all adults, people can make their own decisions by reading through the thread and looking back at past history. No reason to continue to shit on them. Just move on and don’t do business with them yourself. We know your opinion.

I will personally do business with them again as their prices are good, barrels are great, and they have been nothing but responsive to me. However, I won’t do it without a guarantee of a ship date with a penalty for missed deadlines just based on history. However, I will also be shopping elsewhere. That’s what is so great about capitalism and the world we live in.

I don’t believe anyone is telling them that the behavior is acceptable. I think they very well understand that is something they can’t do again. Hence what I believe is one of the reasons they are putting ship dates on the sales that they have been doing, with guarantees of money back if they don’t meet deadlines. I also believe they had a huge reduction in business do to it, but I believe they will fight to get their customer base back.

In the end we are all adults, people can make their own decisions by reading through the thread and looking back at past history. No reason to continue to shit on them. Just move on and don’t do business with them yourself. We know your opinion.

I will personally do business with them again as their prices are good, barrels are great, and they have been nothing but responsive to me. However, I won’t do it without a guarantee of a ship date with a penalty for missed deadlines just based on history. However, I will also be shopping elsewhere. That’s what is so great about capitalism and the world we live in.

Well said. And I realize I was a prick to @DDRH65CM. I shouldn't have made that post.

Its not.

Some of these rookies on here never heard of "tactical rifles" and the nightmare customers had at that shit show.

This is a diff bbl i ordered from PVA. It shoots quite well.

Reloder 23 with Barnes 127 LRX - 5shot groups

Great Job! @bohem @jonesturf

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190830-095404.png
    Screenshot_20190830-095404.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 45
  • 1567293328193.jpg
    1567293328193.jpg
    128.7 KB · Views: 37
  • 1567293449954.jpg
    1567293449954.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 32
Reactions: Billiam1211
I’m just trying to understand. Literally every reputable smith out there can make a barrel that shoots. Why deal with PVA?

If I knew customers were still waiting for barrel/barreled action orders from a year ago I’d feel like a piece of shit for placing a barrel order today and receiving it before them.

Shady shady shady.

Reactions: Delicatessen
I’m just trying to understand. Literally every reputable smith out there can make a barrel that shoots. Why deal with PVA?

If I knew customers were still waiting for barrel/barreled action orders from a year ago I’d feel like a piece of shit for placing a barrel order today and receiving it before them.

Shady shady shady.

For me and my limited experience, the price is good, especially their Labor Day and Days of Dog sales. And it seems they were able to get bbls done and shipped within a month.

Also, checking some other sites, none really had the customizing options that PVA has. And if they did, the price was $100-500 more.

But limited experience so maybe i missed out on other good smiths. I dunno.

I took a chance ordering a bbl that is slightly out of the norm so its taking awhile. The other bbls i ordered were pretty common chambering and twist and so got those shipped.

Every business has difficulties. Look at Prime Ammunition during their recent litigation with Ruag... I'm sure Jim lost quite a bit of businesses to Hornady or Federal.

It's certainly aggravating when you spend money and don't get a product/service in return - but PVA isn't Amazon Prime either. Hope they can overcome the hurdle and keep pumping out products because the industry needs more innovative companies like PVA.

It's kind of amazing that you can grab a prefit barrel now days, from a few different manufactures, torque it on and go print 1/2 minute groups or better
1570051312964.png

Reactions: Dooby
Every business has difficulties. Look at Prime Ammunition during their recent litigation with Ruag... I'm sure Jim lost quite a bit of businesses to Hornady or Federal.

It's certainly aggravating when you spend money and don't get a product/service in return - but PVA isn't Amazon Prime either. Hope they can overcome the hurdle and keep pumping out products because the industry needs more innovative companies like PVA.

It's kind of amazing that you can grab a prefit barrel now days, from a few different manufactures, torque it on and go print 1/2 minute groups or better View attachment 7157379
What's so innovative about making accurate barrels in 6-12 months?

Ordered a 6.5mm pre-fit barrel for a Vector (no Cerakote) on June 15th, received Sept 9th.

It's kind of amazing that you can grab a prefit barrel now days, from a few different manufactures, torque it on and go print 1/2 minute groups or better View attachment 7157379

You're comparing apples to oranges with the PVA/Prime Ammunition comparison, Prime and Ruag squared off in court with their differences, PVA caused their problem all by themselves by yanking pre-paid customers around and it's still going on.
You want to see an innovative company that gets products out the door, returns calls and emails...take a good look at LRI. I have done business with both but will never do business with PVA again.

Although i dont have experience with other custom barrels, the 3 I've gotten from PVA look real good.

Attachments

• IMG_20191008_125605.jpg
    IMG_20191008_125605.jpg
    347.2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_20191007_134744.jpg
    IMG_20191007_134744.jpg
    270.1 KB · Views: 49
  • IMG_20191008_130035.jpg
    IMG_20191008_130035.jpg
    271.6 KB · Views: 39
  • IMG_20191007_174330.jpg
    IMG_20191007_174330.jpg
    252.1 KB · Views: 41
Reactions: gebhardt02
LRI for me. I wont support people who do business this way. People waiting a year for a rifle that's supposed to be "production", people still waiting on barrels while others get them in weeks? F that. If they get everything straightened out and run good for a bit I'll be back on board. Good product at PVA but they need to fill the back orders. A custom knife maker I know closes ordering often when he gets to a point that he feels a unreasonable wait will result. When he gets close to no orders on the books he starts orders again. Maybe that would help PVA, unless they actually are funding old orders with new orders, which case they may be doomed. #tacticalrifles...

Reactions: b6graham
This thread could go on forever. One person saying good things and the next bad.
What has happened to some people is wrong and should be taken care of.
I've only ordered chamber jobs on barrels I've sent to them. 7-8 now
If any of you know of a smith that will guarantee .1's or .2's let me know.
Otherwise, I will order ahead of time and not worry about a wait or not.
Of the 7-8 barrels I've had chambered they have all shot .1's at one time or another
when I do my part.
If someone dislikes, Brownell's or Midway or Powdervalley, does that mean all of us are not to
shop at that place because some people have had a bad experience?
We wouldn't be able to shop anywhere....
We live in the USA , not China. Once you start telling people what they should do.....

LRI for me. I wont support people who do business this way. People waiting a year for a rifle that's supposed to be "production", people still waiting on barrels while others get them in weeks? F that. If they get everything straightened out and run good for a bit I'll be back on board. Good product at PVA but they need to fill the back orders. A custom knife maker I know closes ordering often when he gets to a point that he feels a unreasonable wait will result. When he gets close to no orders on the books he starts orders again. Maybe that would help PVA, unless they actually are funding old orders with new orders, which case they may be doomed. #tacticalrifles...
If only
This thread could go on forever. One person saying good things and the next bad.
What has happened to some people is wrong and should be taken care of.
I've only ordered chamber jobs on barrels I've sent to them. 7-8 now
If any of you know of a smith that will guarantee .1's or .2's let me know.
Otherwise, I will order ahead of time and not worry about a wait or not.
Of the 7-8 barrels I've had chambered they have all shot .1's at one time or another
when I do my part.
If someone dislikes, Brownell's or Midway or Powdervalley, does that mean all of us are not to
shop at that place because some people have had a bad experience?
We wouldn't be able to shop anywhere....
We live in the USA , not China. Once you start telling people what they should do.....
Josh guarantees .1 now?