• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Patriot valley turn time

This is how bad things get. People miss quote you cause they don't know how to read..
Never said that he guarantee's .1's
His chamber jobs have the potential, if your a good enough of a reloader and shooter.
If your that angry don't do business with him and call it a day instead of whining about it over and over.
I'm done.

This is how bad things get. People miss quote you cause they don't know how to read..
His chamber jobs have the potential, if your a good enough of a reloader and shooter.
If your that angry don't do business with him and call it a day instead of whining about it over and over.
I'm done.
bye bye

it's a joke dude. no one argues that his barrels arent accurate. it's more than people wait absurd times while he gets other barrels from a sale done in 20 days

i have a used PVA on the way to me now. i have nothing against them. it's just unfortunate theyre having JHR issues and massive barrel delays. i'd order a barrel from him if i didnt have other quick options that shot just as well

Well not a single smith guarantees .1-.2s that I know of. But ones who have equal potential, well that list is long.
If you want to buy from PVA go ahead. My point is other Smith's exist with equal or better skill, faster timelines and better customer service. If I wanted to wait years for a rifle it would be a Tac Ops or the like.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shanerbanner10
Well not a single smith guarantees .1-.2. But ones who have equal potential, well that list is long.
If you want to buy from PVA go ahead. My point is other Smith's exist with equal or better skill, faster timelines and better customer service. If I wanted to wait years for a rifle it would be a Tac Ops or the like.
what else is there on that level? i don't know the wait on a Russo stock, but that would probably be the end of my list

On skill? Not many. On wait time? PVA.. jk
I dont know how Tac Ops does what they do for accuracy. My Benchrest friends think he may be trying multiple barrels to get the groups he is. I have no idea.
On quality of rifle(maximum accuracy not accounted for) LRI, Gradous, Tooley, GAP, Beanland, Cresent all come to mind as equal quality even of they dont meet the same accuracy guarantee.
If PVA starts guaranteeing .2 MOA I'll buy a rifle from em. And I'll be ok with a wait.
ETA- I forgot SAC, Area 419and Wade in there. These are all rifles I've handled at matches. GAP is pretty popular in KS. I've only seen 1) Tac Ops ever in the wild.

I dont know how Tac Ops does what they do for accuracy. My Benchrest friends think he may be trying multiple barrels to get the groups he is. I have no idea.
On quality of rifle(maximum accuracy not accounted for) LRI, Gradous, Tooley, GAP, Beanland, Cresent all come to mind as equal quality even of they dont meet the same accuracy guarantee.
If PVA starts guaranteeing .2 MOA I'll buy a rifle from em. And I'll be ok with a wait.
ETA- I forgot SAC, Area 419and Wade in there. These are all rifles I've handled at matches. GAP is pretty popular in KS. I've only seen 1) Tac Ops ever in the wild.

It's been my experience that "accuracy guarantees" are little more than dick measuring contests and the context of such claims has to be clearly stated at the beginning.

Example:

If I'm doing this as a hobby business and I have an endless source of free time, then its not all that unrealistic to spend however much time/money it takes to get a rifle into the .2's or teens, or whatever. If the barrel won't go there, then get another and keep at it til the gun prints the number.

Now, reality:

The very shops your comments mention all survive on a living wage. A wage earned by doing the best job they can within the confines of what the job pays.

So, unless a guy wants to start paying north of $3,000.00 for a barrel install that is guaranteed to shoot sub .200" 5 shot groups over a 10 cycle string, we are stuck with the world we all actually live in. If you think that price is absurd, your right. It has to be. Think about it.

5 things immediately come to mind:

1. First, verify its the barrel. ****(see additional comments below) Add that time/wage lost from productive/profitable work on the floor.
2. Order new barrel. Cost of parts plus your time to order it, PLUS again the time you were pulled away from profitable work.
3. Explain to client its being handled. More of your time not on the floor earning money.
4. Install barrel. Time again is having its way with you because your doing a job you already did and its preventing you from circulating cash through your business. You basically subtract that job and the next two for lost wage. Warranty work is at best, 3x times the cost of the original bid.
5. Load workup, testing, evaluation, client correspondence, packaging, administrative work, and finally shipping. Add that time up as well.

Truth be told, I'm probably underbidding it at that rate and I have a pretty efficient/streamlined setup here. I could easily add another thousand to it just to justify the additional phone calls from pissed off people because delivery dates are now being stretched into the next time zone.

-keep in mind those delivery issues are exactly what inspired this entire thread to begin with. . .

**** Then there's the side of this where it gets really shitty. If someone is hired to hang a stick and it prints bigger than the claim, but its because all he did was a barrel install and your rifle has other glaring issues, who pays for that then? Poor bedding, shit optics, cracks, receiver issues, etc. . . If I didn't cause that and it was not part of the original bid, is it on my plate to fix it at no additional cost because my claim states .2's or better?

The fine print in this accuracy claim will end up looking like something from an insurance company and that is exactly how you start WWIII on a gun forum. Its about as radioactive a topic as one can host.

Bench rest folk understand a lot of this probably better than just about anyone. The ones I know who do well treat barrels about like tires on a race car. Very, very consumable consumables. In reality it basically comes down to your (client's) level of commitment and disposable income. .2's and teens are attainable, but anyone operating a full time business (with staff, overhead, life, etc... ) that comes out and promises it in writing up front is either sleeping on a mattress stuffed with 100 bills or about to get a very rude awakening to reality.

Just my thoughts after 23 years in this game.

Last edited:

Well, for a tac ops built on a rem700 action for 5-6k, theres wiggle room to try 3 or 4 barrels, lol. Kidding aside, tac ops rifles are damn impressive.

I think its horse shit for guys to order a production rifle and then wait a yr. Just to play devil's advocate on these delays, were contour, twist, caliber changed midway through, causing delay. I mentioned previously, a couple 4-5 yrs ago you had to wait for a 8 tw 6.5 bart or kreiger blank to get made, in a normal contour. Things have changed now, but a point of reference is needed sometimes. As far as these dog days and labor day sales go, they got an opportunity to buy barrels from rock creek that were ready to ship that day at a reduced price. They got them in, chambered and passed discounted price onto customers......those bastards, lol.

How many people are actually waiting on a yr old production rifle order? I hear guys say "they know a guy" or "heard about a guy".....It would be nice if there was an actual list/number of dudes still waiting.

Please dont take my ramblings as an excuse for pva. I've only bought one barrel from them. It was a sale barrel and it looks great.

I think its horse shit for guys to order a production rifle and then wait a yr. Just to play devil's advocate on these delays, were contour, twist, caliber changed midway through, causing delay. I mentioned previously, a couple 4-5 yrs ago you had to wait for a 8 tw 6.5 bart or kreiger blank to get made, in a normal contour. Things have changed now, but a point of reference is needed sometimes. As far as these dog days and labor day sales go, they got an opportunity to buy barrels from rock creek that were ready to ship that day at a reduced price. They got them in, chambered and passed discounted price onto customers......those bastards, lol.

How many people are actually waiting on a yr old production rifle order? I hear guys say "they know a guy" or "heard about a guy".....It would be nice if there was an actual list/number of dudes still waiting.

Please dont take my ramblings as an excuse for pva. I've only bought one barrel from them. It was a sale barrel and it looks great.
I ordered a John Hancock during the Black Friday sale 2018 ( Thanksgiving). Pretty basic order- The only two options were caliber- 6.5CM and color of stock- I ordered FDE. So the parts for the John Hancock rifle consist of KGR Bravo FDE chassis, Rock Creek 26" 6.5CM barrel, Timney 510 trigger and relabeled ARC Nucleus action (short action, right hand).

Now nothing. I've called twice but no answer other than "parts delay" or something similar. First time it was implied that it was KRG Bravo chassis, this time there was no inference (this was maybe 2 weeks ago) about specific parts. I'm going with ARC Nucleus being the issue this time.

At the time I ordered late 2018 it seemed that they were getting their act together. They were active on the forum, shipping rifles and barrels to people, moved to a new location and had hired a new person or two. things looked good so I took a chance on my first long distance (relative to my prior skills) rifle. I assumed it would be a couple of months (3-6?), but had hoped to have something by early spring to do some matches with some friends. I checked around april/may time frame (I think, not really sure) and heard it was some parts that were hard to get. OK, roll with it. Called a few weeks ago, was told no timeframe for ETA just that "parts supply issues".

so first hand, I ordered a very basic (or so I thought) John Hancock in Nov 2018 and still have no rifle or even a rough ETA for when it might be available, even though I can get all the parts myself pretty easily (with the exception of the PVA branded ARC Nucleus, a standard Nucleus is readily available from ARC however). I asked it it might be ready by the end of 2019 and he said he didn't know. Another JH deposit holder I have spoken to was told they didn't know if it would be prior to March 2020.

FYI I spoke to MPA and BadRock (and shot their "production class" rifles) at the Precision Rifle Expo. Both said they could get a 6.5CM right hand rifle out within 4-6 weeks of placing an order, and more than likely earlier than that.

Personally I think it would be great if they would just come out and say what the issue is (because it's painfully obvious to EVERYONE that there is some issue going on, my money is something with ARC and the actions) and give an accurate/realistic ETA and then give the current deposit holders an option to keep in the game or get a refund.

the last update on the website said current orders would be 6-9 months. At the time I placed my order there was no estimate given but I'm at 11 months now and there doesn't seem to be any ETA in sight. Plenty of time to shit or get off the pot IMHO.

I ordered a John Hancock during the Black Friday sale 2018 ( Thanksgiving). Pretty basic order- The only two options were caliber- 6.5CM and color of stock- I ordered FDE. So the parts for the John Hancock rifle consist of KGR Bravo FDE chassis, Rock Creek 26" 6.5CM barrel, Timney 510 trigger and relabeled ARC Nucleus action (short action, right hand).

Now nothing. I've called twice but no answer other than "parts delay" or something similar. First time it was implied that it was KRG Bravo chassis, this time there was no inference (this was maybe 2 weeks ago) about specific parts. I'm going with ARC Nucleus being the issue this time.

At the time I ordered late 2018 it seemed that they were getting their act together. They were active on the forum, shipping rifles and barrels to people, moved to a new location and had hired a new person or two. things looked good so I took a chance on my first long distance (relative to my prior skills) rifle. I assumed it would be a couple of months (3-6?), but had hoped to have something by early spring to do some matches with some friends. I checked around april/may time frame (I think, not really sure) and heard it was some parts that were hard to get. OK, roll with it. Called a few weeks ago, was told no timeframe for ETA just that "parts supply issues".

so first hand, I ordered a very basic (or so I thought) John Hancock in Nov 2018 and still have no rifle or even a rough ETA for when it might be available, even though I can get all the parts myself pretty easily (with the exception of the PVA branded ARC Nucleus, a standard Nucleus is readily available from ARC however). I asked it it might be ready by the end of 2019 and he said he didn't know. Another JH deposit holder I have spoken to was told they didn't know if it would be prior to March 2020.

FYI I spoke to MPA and BadRock (and shot their "production class" rifles) at the Precision Rifle Expo. Both said they could get a 6.5CM right hand rifle out within 4-6 weeks of placing an order, and more than likely earlier than that.

Personally I think it would be great if they would just come out and say what the issue is (because it's painfully obvious to EVERYONE that there is some issue going on, my money is something with ARC and the actions) and give an accurate/realistic ETA and then give the current deposit holders an option to keep in the game or get a refund.

the last update on the website said current orders would be 6-9 months. At the time I placed my order there was no estimate given but I'm at 11 months now and there doesn't seem to be any ETA in sight. Plenty of time to shit or get off the pot IMHO.

The parts supply thing is pure bullshit and an outright lie. I can order an ARC Nucleus or KRG Bravo right now and have it within roughly a week. Even assuming ARC has to make the action, that doesn’t take ANYWHERE near a year. This problem isn’t with ARC. Chad Dixon at LRI doesn’t have issues getting ARC actions. Why? Because I bet he pays for them. This is a cash flow problem for PVA. That’s the only thing that can begin to explain this.

It’s sad they aren’t held more accountable and people continue to make excuses and then CONTINUE to give them business. They built their reputation on this forum, and then they use this forum to promote their rifle and now when problems arise, radio silence. It’s shady as fuck.

They are straight up lying to people and holding their money for literally a year until they call and beg for it back multiple times like the guy previously.

Last edited:
That sucks man. It looks like they should have a standing order at arc for actions, krg for backbones and all 3 colors of skins, and rock creek.

Reactions: plong
The parts supply thing is pure bullshit and an outright lie. I can order an ARC Nucleus or KRG Bravo right now and have it within roughly a week.

It’s sad they aren’t held more accountable and people continue to make excuses and then CONTINUE to give them business.

They are straight up lying to people and holding their money for literally a year until they call and beg for it back multiple times like the guy previously.

Someone mentioned that the actions had to have pva/john Hancock name on them to comply with production class rules. Idk if that's right or not, I guess if it is and those logoed actions aren't getting done, sou.da like it's time to find a different action supplier.

Reactions: Stoweit
bye bye

it's a joke dude. no one argues that his barrels arent accurate. it's more than people wait absurd times while he gets other barrels from a sale done in 20 days

i have a used PVA on the way to me now. i have nothing against them. it's just unfortunate theyre having JHR issues and massive barrel delays. i'd order a barrel from him if i didnt have other quick options that shot just as well

And that's the rub. PVA does great work, and I hope they succeed. But they need to get their shit under control, I can see why many are pissed.

I used to recommend PVA, but can't in good faith at this time. When others are producing barrels with chamber jobs that are every bit as good as PVA and with a wait time of a few weeks, why would I ever go PVA?

The current gunsmith I use has been producing exceptional products with a quick timeline. LRI also does great work with short turn around times. We are talking weeks. PVA takes 6 months to a year.

I really do hope PVA turns things around, for everyone's sake as having more options is always great for consumers. But until I see evidence that they do, I'll be taking my work as well as recommending others in different directions.

Reactions: 6brshooter
He can say it’s a supply problem all he wants to buy time. I sent him every part needed for 1 rifle and got the lies so believe what you want but I know he is shady. I had 3 customs built by PVA and everyone of them I dealt with lies and also not receiving scope rings to even shoot once it was delivered. This was 2 years ago and he would talk to me like best friends and he had no problem lying to my face so yea I will try to steer people away from him.

Reactions: melt215 and Bender
Someone mentioned that the actions had to have pva/john Hancock name on them to comply with production class rules. Idk if that's right or not, I guess if it is and those logoed actions aren't getting done, sou.da like it's time to find a different action supplier.
its a nucleus with different engraving. same as the barrels. which is why you can buy Hancock specific replacement barrels to stay in prduction, but they're exactly the same as a nucleus prefit

literally zero extra time to make a Nucleus versus a Hancock action

Reactions: 6brshooter
I understand that engraving part, but what if arc is limited on nucleus production? Would they use their limited production to make normal engraved ones, for sale to multiple vendors, or special engraved for one vendor?

I don't want to sound like a fanboy, and something fucky is going on with pva. I've only ordered an instock action wrench and a guaranteed labor day sale barrel. If I had to wait as long as some of these guys, I'd be pissed and cancel also. I sure agree with their point.

I understand that engraving part, but what if arc is limited on nucleus production? Would they use their limited production to make normal engraved ones, for sale to multiple vendors, or special engraved for one vendor?

I don't want to sound like a fanboy, and something fucky is going on with pva. I've only ordered an instock action wrench and a guaranteed labor day sale barrel. If I had to wait as long as some of these guys, I'd be pissed and cancel also. I sure agree with their point.

There are no "ifs" with this.

Lemme preface this first: I have zero dog in this fight. I have no ill will towards any company. My sole motive here is quite simple: ARC and LRI have shared a close relationship for a long time now. Ted is also a close friend.

When I see a post asking/suggesting that ARC is "cherry picking" order delivery or whatever and I know it be completely inaccurate, I will say something.

One, because it can affect my company just by the osmosis of being close with ARC.

Two, I know Ted/ARC to be one of the most honest and ethical companies in this trade. Historical fact proves this. Look at the recalls he's done that, quite honestly, have only served to improve the product. To my knowledge, there's never been danger or risk to the user. It's only been to make the product better.

I can't think of any other action company in the last 27 years of doing this shit that has done the same.

ARC has a very large pile of actions sitting on the floor ready for short term delivery. As of the last conversation with Ted a week ago about this, they are "un named". They can go either direction. Nuc or JH.

When they are paid for, they ship. It's simple commerce and nothing more.

C.

Last edited:
ARC has a very large pile of actions sitting on the floor ready for short term delivery. As of the last conversation with Ted a week ago about this, they are "un named". They can go either direction. Nuc or JH.

Well there you have it.

And there you go... Don’t let PVA’s ambiguity be mistaken or interpreted as an issue with a parts supplier.

It’s PVA’s issue.

And what PVA is doing is WRONG.

Reactions: melt215
There are no "ifs" with this.

Lemme preface this first: I have zero dog in this fight. I have no ill will towards any company. My sole motive here is quite simple: ARC and LRI have shared a close relationship for a long time now. Ted is also a close friend.

When I see a post asking/suggesting that ARC is "cherry picking" order delivery or whatever and I know it be completely inaccurate, I will say something.

One, because it can affect my company just by the osmosis of being close with ARC.

Two, I know Ted/ARC to be one of the most honest and ethical companies in this trade. Historical fact proves this. Look at the recalls he's done that, quite honestly, have only served to improve the product. To my knowledge, there's never been danger or risk to the user. It's only been to make the product better.

I can't think of any other action company in the last 27 years of doing this shit that has done the same.

C.
Well I asked not suggested, hence "if" and question marks. I say what I mean and mean what I say. If I ask a question or wonder aloud, I'm not fishing or adding innuendo. I'm not a privileged person with inside info like yourself on arcs production capacity or inventory. I'll shut the fuck up and let you all carry on.

I logged in here for the first time in about 2 months today after a friend sent me a message telling me there were a bunch of people talking about us and drawing conclusions.

It's hardly a secret we were really far behind... were.

The Hancock is late and has a lot of problems. Outside of that we're pretty on top of things. Regular orders go in and out all the time, barrels don't sit around, we've cleaned up some employee problems and cut through a bunch of lag in our old processes. It's pretty easy to see when we're guaranteeing delivery times on certain things.

THere are VERY few barrels sitting around here that are anywhere near as old as some of y'all have stated. Now stuff that's 6 weeks old is really old. We've improved our cerakoter, our internal processing, our QA and barrel tracking assets. It took time for us to get things back in check. I don't get on here much at all, I work on keeping things running.

I know a lot of folks said they can't get ahold of us, nobody answers the phone and emails don't get a reply.

Jeremy has not worked here for 5 weeks, Joe has been here for 6. Joe's been doing a great job and every time I look at the inboxes they're always less than an hour out of date. The phone is being answered all the time and I think we have the communications improved/fixed.

I know we had a problem with communications for a long time. Joe's doing a strong job at fixing it and I think he's made a big jump forward.

Barrel blanks are here and we've actually got a surplus of them, which means our lead times have been dropping steadily all summer long and into the fall. In the last 5 months our average order-to-shipment time of a barrel has dropped from 18 weeks to 8 weeks to 3.5 weeks and the number of barrels we're doing has increased.

I'm done.

Yep. Here is one of my first groups with my first (but not last) PVA barrel. Haven't got to shoot it again but will in coming days. Absolutely love it.
20190920_183329.jpg

Both threads talk about barrels but not about finished rifles. April of 2018 is ridiculous and no rifle. I’m glad I didn’t order one when I talked about it with my wife. I decided to see how it played out first. Unfortunately it’s what I thought it would be. I hope PVA gets things figured out and rifles are in hands shortly.

The gun industry is the only industry where this is acceptable. It’s not Sandy Hook days and limited stock. It’s salad days and everything is plentiful.

Both threads talk about barrels but not about finished rifles. April of 2018 is ridiculous and no rifle. I’m glad I didn’t order one when I talked about it with my wife. I decided to see how it played out first. Unfortunately it’s what I thought it would be. I hope PVA gets things figured out and rifles are in hands shortly.

The gun industry is the only industry where this is acceptable. It’s not Sandy Hook days and limited stock. It’s salad days and everything is plentiful.

If you want to jump onto the John Hancock Wait Time thread that started like a month ago Josh replies about the JHR over there.

I don’t care to misquote what he said so I’ll leave it at that. Head on over there if you want to hear about future plans for the JHR.

Gee this is just great, my order for a prefit Impact cut rifled barrel went in Dec of 2018 and I'm still waiting 10 months later, meanwhile they come out with new products, efforts at high volume sales and people who ordered well after I did are getting barrels. Worst delay I've experienced from this industry. I'm very disapointed. I could have gotten several barrels and shot them out in the amount of time I've been waiting but hey they are only off by a factor of 300% and counting so far in the lead time estimate.

Finally got it. Was wondering if it would happen someday:)

Reactions: shooter65
And not a word was said about the JHR.

You hear that? Weeks on barrels. They just told you back ordered rifle guys you no longer matter.

trying to defend them for a long time but it’s ABSOLUTELY starting to look like they just do not give a single f about people waiting more than a year for a rifle.
I like mine but I could never recommend one to someone in good conscience.

I have a friend. New to LR waiting on one . Order number 2xxx something. Not that is matters now. Waiting a year for a production rifle is silly. I warned him it would be like this. I was praying I was going to be wrong. Now I guess he gets to crawl and grovel for his money back.

He is being more patient than I am. I’m just mad he got used for startup funding on a barrel only company.

I have a friend. New to LR waiting on one . Order number 2xxx something. Not that is matters now. Waiting a year for a production rifle is silly. I warned him it would be like this. I was praying I was going to be wrong. Now I guess he gets to crawl and grovel for his money back.

He is being more patient than I am. I’m just mad he got used for startup funding on a barrel only company.

We had a service member order one early in '18. When he realized he was never going to get to shoot a match with it, he ordered a LH Curtis in Dec of 18. They weren't much better, and "2 more weeks" turned into 4-5 months. I loaned him my personal rifle so he could at least come play before he shipped out this summer. He finally ordered an Impact and had it shipped to me so I could spin a barrel and assemble it. A few other members helped him out with ammo and such and he was able to shoot our finale 2 days after getting back last week.
Our club is small, but there are at least 3 people in it who Josh has absolutely f***ed in the last year or two with his BS and lies about lead times he had no hopes of making. Refusing to give a refund is just salt in the wound. (Ya, I get it, he's going to loose money if he does, but that's what happens when you screw up, his former customers damn sure lost plenty in terms of time and pain on these deals.)

Just an update, I have ordered quite a few things from them. I am done recommending them. Had to cancel a simple barrel order that was 3 months past their date, no accountability and still charged $200 to cancel when they had not done anything to the barrel yet. Prior barreled action was about 1 year 4 months (quote was 4 months). I have had nothing but good experience with bug holes (southern precision) and LRI, I would seriously consider them instead.

Reactions: Bender
I had the opposite experience. Ordered a AX/AT bbl MTU 6.5CM and it shipped the next day. Will get it tomorrow. So far I've ordered 6-7 bbls from PVA, all shipped and received in a timely manner, except 2. But 1 of 2 of those bbls was not a regular spec bbl.

Last edited:
I ordered a prefit shouldered barrel recently. Per their last email it is set to ship this week, which is one week past the 7 week estimate. Hopefully it does. I rolled the dice because they're about $50-$100 cheaper than I've found anywhere else with comparable quality. Not sure if I will again though.

I don't know what makes a great barrel but my PVA is awesome that I got on a sale.

I don't think it's rocket surgery though. I found this guy who does Savage barrel prefits , bison gun works. Turn around time is like 2 weeks and the barrels are .1 moa capable, and do 3/8 MOA very frequently. Threaded they were $380 shipped lol. And it's just his side hobby.

I don't know what makes a great barrel but my PVA is awesome that I got on a sale.

I don't think it's rocket surgery though. I found this guy who does Savage barrel prefits , bison gun works. Turn around time is like 2 weeks and the barrels are .1 moa capable, and do 3/8 MOA very frequently. Threaded they were $380 shipped lol. And it's just his side hobby.
curious what he uses for blanks? max length, self contoured? etc

I previously posted in this thread with a turn around time of a PVA Order, pre-fit Vector barrel. Ordered in April and received early september. This was outside their original estimation, but I wasn't phased. I feel compelled to share my experience post-delivery for the greater good:

I am relatively new to Precision Rifle, i know enough just to be dangerous per se, but when I placed my order I spoke to one of their CS Reps to have a Surefire FA7622 (reflex brake) installed on my barrel. He said it would be an extra $50 to do that as it would require some barrel profiling, and I said noo problem, sent a check and the brake.

BLUF: When I got the barrel back, the brake wasn't installed correctly, and/or not torqued on strong enough as the brake began to spin on the barrel during one of my first shooting sessions. Luckily I wasn't shooting suppressed at the time.

It took over 2 weeks to get a response back from PVA but I finally got positive communications with Joe @ PVA and once we connected he was SUPER responsive to my concerns, so I commend them on that. Unfortunately, we collectively did not find a mutual way to move forward to reconcile PVA's service, and I took it to a local shop to time/shim/torque and will test again.

Grand scheme of things, not the biggest of issues, but given it was a $700+ barrel, ensuring the muzzle device is installed correctly is important from a QA/QC perspective. I am also super happy i wasn't shooting suppressed.

Just an update, I have ordered quite a few things from them. I am done recommending them. Had to cancel a simple barrel order that was 3 months past their date, no accountability and still charged $200 to cancel when they had not done anything to the barrel yet. Prior barreled action was about 1 year 4 months (quote was 4 months). I have had nothing but good experience with bug holes (southern precision) and LRI, I would seriously consider them instead.

Sounds like the PTG business model. I would be pissed because I've had it done to me before. Very shady stuff. Probably spend the money right as it comes in to fund the previous guys order. As said by Bender, this looks like whats going on here.

Last edited:
Sounds like a pretty good business model. Tell folks you'll sell them barrels and rifles. Never order the barrels or actions and charge your customers 200 to cancel. 100% profit right there. I'll open a shop tomorrow.

Reactions: andy52887
My buddies rifle showed up finally, who else is still waiting?
I gave up last month. Used my credit towards a barrel (got a really nice 6.5CM cut rifled barrel in less than a week!) that was in stock. Very quick and easy transaction. From what I understand the JH rifles are starting to trickle out again, so if you are still waiting, it might not be long. Not sure that it matters but I was around high 3xxx order number.

FYI sad fact that the 2 suppressors that I ordered the same week got out of jail before I got a rifle.

I bought a Nucleus barreled action here on SH and will keep that 308 barrel and put the PVA 6.5 on at some point. Bought an MDT ACC chassis after playing with one at the precision rifle expo and now deciding on what trigger to use. More than likely a Bix N Andy 2 stage tacsport unless I hear from anyone that it doesn't play well with the nucleus.

Ordered mine September 2018. After a year went by and not being able to get any commitment at all from PVA I disputed the charges on my credit card. They credited by card back the $250 within a week. But, I will say it's not quite as simple as a phone call. The credit card company will have questions and you will need to fill out some paper work. It definitely helps to document all of your communications with PVA, dates and subject matter. The credit card company will do an investigation and if they rule if favor of PVA they will recharge your card with the $250.

You may want to Google the "FTC Rule" also known as "Mail or Telephone order Merchandise Rule" although you'll probably just get more pissed off to see how far PVA is out of bounds.