• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

payback for New York Journal releasing CHL holder

Re: payback for New York Journal releasing CHL holder

Thats nice. Really nice.

Karma! I still cant believe they released the records in the first place.

Where I live a few years ago they printed all of the CCP permit holders in a newspaper; I wish I was smart enough to think about this!

I thought I posted this:

I'd say I hoped they squirmed, but I know they are being that they've hired armed guards to protect them at their offices.

sweet

my biggest thing is that the government swears gun registries can never be used against you, well this just made them liars and just like any firearm, in the hands of the wrong person it can be used against you in a harmful an devastating way.

Now THAT is a awesome idea.Whoever thought of it deserves a medal

Simply amazing. Just one more reason I left that god forsaken commie filled state.

From an email:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"A suburban New York newspaper that sparked an uproar among gun enthusiasts by publishing names and addresses of residents holding pistol permits is now planning to publish even more identities of permit-toting locals. Further names and addresses will be added as they become available to a map originally published on Dec. 24 in the White Plains, New York-based Journal News, the newspaper said. The original map listed thousands of pistol permit holders in suburban Westchester and Rockland counties just north of New York City."

The above is not an excerpt from a George Orwell novel, nor is it a quotation of overstated storytelling founded in paranoia. That quotation is exactly is how a December 29, 2012, Reuters article begins, detailing how The Journal News, a newspaper based in a wealthy New York City suburb, treats peaceful, law-abiding registered gun owners like sex offenders.

"When regular people who exercise their inalienable right to keep and bear arms for self defense are treated worse than violent felons, worse than feedlot cattle" said Brandon Combs, Director of Advocacy and Coalitions at Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, "it's time for common sense statutory protections of these innocent peoples' personal lives. We wouldn't find it acceptable to put a list of everyone who attends a house of worship or who votes a certain way on the internet or in an interactive map, and we mustn't give The News Journal a pass on their insane disregard for the lives of those gun owners."

In some states, the public disclosure of private facts, like gun owner records, can be an actionable tort.

"We urge our members and all people who value their right to privacy to call and write The Journal News to express their disappointment and dissatisfaction with their outrageous behavior to 'out' law-abiding gun owners," noted Citizens Committee chairman Alan Gottlieb. "We would also suggest that people who are outraged over this might contact those companies advertising with The News Journal and letting them know how they feel."

Asked Gottlieb, "Would it be appropriate to make a database, a Google map, of the names and addresses of everyone in those places who does not own guns? The News Journal is not breaking a story, they are trying to create one at the expense of privacy and security."

"The News Journal has made a decision to open up thousands of innocent people to harassment and discrimination in their private and professional lives," explained Combs. "They put the lives of those people and their families at risk by very effectively telling violent criminals where to steal guns. Their blatant disregard for the lives of these gun owners and the people in their community shows how irresponsible they are. It's disgraceful. Everyone on both sides of the gun rights discussion should be livid about this."

The Journal News can be reached at 1-800-942-1010 or 914-694-9300 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 8 a.m. to 11 a.m. on Sundays. They can also be reached by email at [email protected] and by U.S. Mail at:

The Journal News
1133 Westchester Ave. Suite N110
White Plains, NY 10604

Their leadership and staff may be reached as follows:

<ul style="list-style-type: disc">[*]Editor & Vice President/News: CynDee Royle, 914-694-5001, [email protected][*]Janet Hasson, President & Publisher, 914-694-5203, [email protected] [*]George Troyano, Vice President/Sales & Marketing, 914-694-5157, [email protected] [*]Kathy Moore, Local Content Editor, 914-694-3523, [email protected][*]Local Content Editor: Joe McDonald, 914-694-5099, [email protected][*]Online Ad Director: Eileen Zaccagnino, 914-696-8463, [email protected] [*]Director, Marketing and Client Solutions: Tessa Garcia, 914-694-5188, [email protected][/list]
With more than 650,000 members and supporters nationwide, the Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms is one of the nation’s premier gun rights organizations. As a non-profit organization, the Citizens Committee is dedicated to preserving firearms freedoms through active lobbying of elected officials and facilitating grass-roots organization of gun rights activists in local communities throughout the United States. The Citizens Committee can be reached by phone at (425) 454-4911, on the Internet at ccrkba.org, or by email at [email protected].

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

<Please e-mail, distribute, and circulate to friends and family>

Copyright © 2013 Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms, All Rights Reserved.

Citizens Committee for the Right to Keep and Bear Arms
James Madison Building
12500 N.E. Tenth Place
Bellevue, WA 98005 Voice: 425-454-4911
Toll Free: 800-426-4302
FAX: 425-451-3959
Email: [email protected] </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jollyrancher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.newrochelletalk.com/content/map-where-are-journal-news-employees-your-neighborhood

here is a site that has information on the people that released New York CHL holders names and addresses on a map on their website, most of them have already shutdown their Facebook accounts but lets keep it going and make their life a living hell. </div></div>

734887_3956826370256_1506068130_n_zps4ca1a9ac.jpg

the weapons board on 4chan jumped all over this.

if you dont know what 4chan is, they specialize in things like this

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: treymchattie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the weapons board on 4chan jumped all over this.

if you dont know what 4chan is, they specialize in things like this
</div></div>

Yeah, but i saw some stuff today on FB that they allegedly falsified to make it seem that the Brady Campaign was saying it. While I think the Brady Campaign is lame, I don't agree with flat out lying to make your point. It lowers credibility for us all.