• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PCR "Prac50" 50BMG

Keith Johns

Phoenix Custom Rifles
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Uses a Mcmillan BR50 single shot, left port RH bolt action
Lilja Navy contour 1-15twist SS 28" barrel. Same contour as the Tac50 but not fluted.
AR50 brake. Best recoil reducing brake Ive tried.
Timney Tactical trigger
Mcmillan BigMac stock in Desert camo, Bedded with Devcon 10110

Thanks for viewing...

photo3-1.jpg

Re: PCR "Prac50" 50BMG

Sick! Are you going to handload for it or just shoot factory/ball?

We will be building these for $6500 as you see here, but without optics or rings. That price will include it shipping in a Pelican 1770 case(a $430 case)

This exact rifle is up for sale right now in the For Sale section.

It shoots well under minute with factory Hornady ammo. I have no doubt its a half MOA rifle with handloads.

Same brand action, barrel, and stock as on Mcmillans Tac50. Except different models of each to give what we feel is a more practical rifle. Able to be used for anything and everything a 50cal rifle can be used for.

Weight varies but comes in right around 30lbs. We could get it as low as 25-26lbs if we fluted the barrel, light-filled the stock, and used a lightweight brake.

WOW!! Impressive work, Keith!

Any thoughts about straying from the more traditional McM BigMac stock and going to something like an XLR Evolution BMG Chassis on these as an option?

Also, what chamber/reamer are you using on these builds?

Specialdelivery...
It shoots around half minute with factory match Hornady 750gr ammo. The rifle is big for me, and I was flinchy the first few outings. I shot it under minute and I know its a half minute rifle in the hands of a 50BR shooter.
BTW, my groups are off a pack! Its a shooter!

ORD, no. I love the stock. I may try the new tac50a1 next year. But I will stick to Mcmillan for SURE.
Barrels will be Lilja or Brux. Lilja are what we and Mcmillan use. But Cut rifled Brux barrels sound VERY appealing.

Recoil isnt bad with the AR50 brake. It reduces twice the recoil as the APA brake I tried first. Its about 20% better than mcmillans brake. And I also tried some aluminum brake that broke in half on the first shot and felt like it should've dislocated my arm.

I LOVE building these 50s. This is my second one. And my own personal one I built for me. Its bad ass! There will be much more 50bmg and 416 Barret R&D on the way at PCR!

Keith,

That is a beautiful build.
cool.gif
Looks like the dog is a little apprehensive about being in the same room with it. LOL.
laugh.gif

Regards, Paul

Thank you
smile.gif

Here are some pics of the groups fired with the PCR Prac50 last outing....

Cold bore shot...
photo20.jpg

5 shot group, pulled one left but the four on the right are around 3/4moa...
photo24-1.jpg

3 shot, half MOA at 107 yards:
photo15-1.jpg

Here's the new Bi-pod I got for the 50. Its for an AR50 so I had to make my own mount to be bedded into the stock....
photo19.jpg

photo23-1.jpg

That Prac50 is a 1/4MOA rifle. It shoots better than I do... hence the 1/2MOA to 3/4MOA groups.
With no human error involved, it will hold 1/4MOA with 750gr Amax's.

Thanks everyone!

Having the bipod mounting bracket parkerized.
Then Ill be doing the inlet and install of it to the stock.

Ill post pics as it goes along.

This bipod is a tank by the way! Could probably park a truck on it.

I'm getting set up to start parkerizing.

Once I park my bipod mounting plate I made I'll get it epoxied/bolted into the stock, and get the bi-pod mounted and take some pics of it out in the desert firing some long range groups.

My next outing I will shoot some groups at 800(zero range) and see if I can get a 4" or less group. I know the rifle will do it. Just a matter of me and wind.

Now that is a RIFLE!!!

One of these days, one of these beasts will be mine...

Shoot Straight,
Josh

Thank you very much.

I love it... So much that I've sold my other rifles to fund this one.

50s are fun... especially sub half-MOA 50s!

This rifle is up for sale for $8000. Comes with a $430 Pelican case and some extras. Damn good deal if you look at how much a BR50 from Mcmillan costs now. Plus this one is guaranteed 1/4MOA with handloads, and 1/2moa with Hornady factory match 750s.

Not tryin too hard to sell it
smile.gif

If it sells I'll be buying all the parts to build a new one identical to it asap! If I had the money Id be building another one already.

Damn I miss my TAC-50 now! Surprisingly, very few ranges in Austin allow 50BMG. Driving 4 hours round trip to shoot it back then started to suck.

Very nice build here and this is a very good price as well.

Oh for sure. Nothing like having your sinus' cleared with every shot! It's also scary how quickly you can chew through an 8 pound jug of H50...

Kieth,

I spoke to someone at your shop last week. I'll probably be in this week to drop of the stuff for my tube chassis build.

PS: These posts of your work have done a lot to sway my choice of builder. Great marketing.
smile.gif

Dave