• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PDC Custom stock for my Savage MKII

725franky

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2010
Michigan
I have a stock on order with PDC Custom PDC Custom for my Savage MKII BV and I can't wait till I can try it out! I'm without a bolt .22lr till my stock comes in though... It's supposed to be shipping out this weekend; so, hopefully I'll have it around the middle of next week.

I'll have pics for everyone once I get the gun mounted in the new stock.

Anyone else here running a PDC Custom rimfire stock? How do you like it?

Re: Soon to come: PDC Custom stock for my Savage MKII

Im actually about to get one as soon as he finishes up making one for 77/22's

It'll be the only tactical stock for 77/22's and I'm pretty freaking stoked for it.

That sounds sweet! I wonder if the 77/22 dimensions are the same as the 77/22Hornet... I have one of those that could really use a new stock, the factory one is just so skinny.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 725franky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That sounds sweet! I wonder if the 77/22 dimensions are the same as the 77/22Hornet... I have one of those that could really use a new stock, the factory one is just so skinny. </div></div>

The dimensions are different... The hurdle to overcome with the 77/2's is the mag release is pinned in to the stock. Would be interested to see how he incorporates that.

Well, there were a few hiccups with the stock build and it ended up taking a little bit longer than expected; but, here are some cell phone pictures:

df1.jpg

df2.jpg

df3.jpg

Pretty busy with preparing for the firearms Whitetail season so it may be a little bit before I have a chance to post a couple targets and some better pictures.

looks like a good setup. i drew one out once on graph paper but do not have means to actually build it. wish i had the coin to buy one if they offered for a marlin action. for now i will stick to my tacticool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nickoglock2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Poor action? I love my MkII,Its my favorite gun lately
</div></div>

yes...poor actions
they don't even have a recoil lug.........

It's what I had / could afford, and it's the best shooting .22LR I've had yet, I just couldn't get used to the factory stock...

If I had the extra money I would've probably had a 40x built, mainly go get the full-size feel though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nickoglock2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Poor action? I love my MkII,Its my favorite gun lately
</div></div>

yes...poor actions
they don't even have a recoil lug......... </div></div>

I'm pretty sure the action screws on the MKII are stout enough to handle the recoil of a .22LR, or any other rimfire cartridge for that matter, making a recoil lug redundant.

725franky, awesome build man. I bet it turns heads and shoots like hell!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nickoglock2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Poor action? I love my MkII,Its my favorite gun lately
</div></div>

yes...poor actions

What do you suggest? Im open to suggestions. I cant afford a $1500 22LR though.
I have a 10/22 and and doing the mkII to have a bolt action 22, whats betterthat you can get a cool stock for?

Did a little shooting yesterday...

So I had some time to utilize yesterday, while I grilled / smoked some venison and pork, and I figured it would be a good time to get some practice in.

I was shooting from 50yds with a bi-pod and no rear rest, my scope was set on 10x, there wasn't a much breeze and the temperature was in the low 40's F. I shot the groups in the order numbered on the target. I left my shooting position after each group to tend the cooking so this wasn't quite shot 100% straight through. The first three groups were shot with CCI Blazer's and the last two were shot with Wolf Match Target. All groups are 10 rounds.

I haven't had a chance to play with the action screw torque settings yet... I also need to shoot from a solid rest at 150yds to see how it does.

All in all, I was disappointed with the Blazer ammo; but, it looks like the wolf should do pretty well. I have to say that it's a lot nicer shooting this gun with the PDC stock! The ability to get into a stable and repeatable shooting position is greatly improved. Now, I need to start working on my follow through some more
wink.gif

2011-11-20154601.jpg

2011-11-20154549.jpg

Re: Did a little shooting yesterday...

Nice shooting! What kinda groups did that rifle get before the stock switch?

</div></div>

yes...poor actions

I own two Anschutz that don't have recoil lugs..........I guess they are poor actions as well! Fuck, even though they have the best triggers in the game and shoot ragged holes, I will have to sell them cause Joe Blow Expert on the interwebs thinks they need recoil lugs..........for all that recoil!

Well, before the stock switch, I wasn't able to really get comfortable enough behind the gun to try a bi-pod only and no rear rest, partly because I always had a large scope and pretty high mounts. I would usually use a bi-pod and rear rest or a front and rear (bag) rest. With that said, it would be hard to compare the results. I also didn't shoot the MK II for quite some time while I put together a CZ American (which my brother now has). I don't have any old targets to compare either... I've gotten better about saving some of my targets as data collection now though.From memory, I would say that before the stock swap it would shoot about the same as the above target; however, that's using front and rear rests.

I'll try to get a target posted soon that is shot using a rear rest. I think that the groups will probably be cut quite a bit using a stable rest. (might take a little while though, due to Whitetail season)

Oh, I also used to shoot PMC Zappers which out performed the CCI Blazer ammo by far.

Franky, nice rifle you have there!

Craig at PDC makes a real nice rifle stock, they are easy to adjust and not a bad looking stock either. I have a pair of CZ-452 .22lr mounted into his stocks and they shoot great.

Good Luck with that rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MEAT4272</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Franky, nice rifle you have there!

Craig at PDC makes a real nice rifle stock, they are easy to adjust and not a bad looking stock either. I have a pair of CZ-452 .22lr mounted into his stocks and they shoot great.

Good Luck with that rifle. </div></div>

Thanks!

I am impressed with this stock and will probably buy another in the future.