• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

PDC Custom stock for my Savage MKII

725franky

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 7, 2010
Michigan
I have a stock on order with PDC Custom PDC Custom for my Savage MKII BV and I can't wait till I can try it out! I'm without a bolt .22lr till my stock comes in though... It's supposed to be shipping out this weekend; so, hopefully I'll have it around the middle of next week.

I'll have pics for everyone once I get the gun mounted in the new stock.

Anyone else here running a PDC Custom rimfire stock? How do you like it?

Re: Soon to come: PDC Custom stock for my Savage MKII

Im actually about to get one as soon as he finishes up making one for 77/22's

It'll be the only tactical stock for 77/22's and I'm pretty freaking stoked for it.

That sounds sweet! I wonder if the 77/22 dimensions are the same as the 77/22Hornet... I have one of those that could really use a new stock, the factory one is just so skinny.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 725franky</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That sounds sweet! I wonder if the 77/22 dimensions are the same as the 77/22Hornet... I have one of those that could really use a new stock, the factory one is just so skinny. </div></div>

The dimensions are different... The hurdle to overcome with the 77/2's is the mag release is pinned in to the stock. Would be interested to see how he incorporates that.

Well, there were a few hiccups with the stock build and it ended up taking a little bit longer than expected; but, here are some cell phone pictures:

df1.jpg

df2.jpg

df3.jpg

Pretty busy with preparing for the firearms Whitetail season so it may be a little bit before I have a chance to post a couple targets and some better pictures.

looks like a good setup. i drew one out once on graph paper but do not have means to actually build it. wish i had the coin to buy one if they offered for a marlin action. for now i will stick to my tacticool.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nickoglock2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Poor action? I love my MkII,Its my favorite gun lately
</div></div>

yes...poor actions
they don't even have a recoil lug.........

It's what I had / could afford, and it's the best shooting .22LR I've had yet, I just couldn't get used to the factory stock...

If I had the extra money I would've probably had a 40x built, mainly go get the full-size feel though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nickoglock2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Poor action? I love my MkII,Its my favorite gun lately
</div></div>

yes...poor actions
they don't even have a recoil lug......... </div></div>

I'm pretty sure the action screws on the MKII are stout enough to handle the recoil of a .22LR, or any other rimfire cartridge for that matter, making a recoil lug redundant.

725franky, awesome build man. I bet it turns heads and shoots like hell!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GSRswapandslow</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nickoglock2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Poor action? I love my MkII,Its my favorite gun lately
</div></div>

yes...poor actions

What do you suggest? Im open to suggestions. I cant afford a $1500 22LR though.
I have a 10/22 and and doing the mkII to have a bolt action 22, whats betterthat you can get a cool stock for?

Did a little shooting yesterday...

So I had some time to utilize yesterday, while I grilled / smoked some venison and pork, and I figured it would be a good time to get some practice in.

I was shooting from 50yds with a bi-pod and no rear rest, my scope was set on 10x, there wasn't a much breeze and the temperature was in the low 40's F. I shot the groups in the order numbered on the target. I left my shooting position after each group to tend the cooking so this wasn't quite shot 100% straight through. The first three groups were shot with CCI Blazer's and the last two were shot with Wolf Match Target. All groups are 10 rounds.

I haven't had a chance to play with the action screw torque settings yet... I also need to shoot from a solid rest at 150yds to see how it does.

All in all, I was disappointed with the Blazer ammo; but, it looks like the wolf should do pretty well. I have to say that it's a lot nicer shooting this gun with the PDC stock! The ability to get into a stable and repeatable shooting position is greatly improved. Now, I need to start working on my follow through some more
wink.gif

2011-11-20154601.jpg

2011-11-20154549.jpg

Re: Did a little shooting yesterday...

Nice shooting! What kinda groups did that rifle get before the stock switch?

</div></div>

yes...poor actions

I own two Anschutz that don't have recoil lugs..........I guess they are poor actions as well! Fuck, even though they have the best triggers in the game and shoot ragged holes, I will have to sell them cause Joe Blow Expert on the interwebs thinks they need recoil lugs..........for all that recoil!

Well, before the stock switch, I wasn't able to really get comfortable enough behind the gun to try a bi-pod only and no rear rest, partly because I always had a large scope and pretty high mounts. I would usually use a bi-pod and rear rest or a front and rear (bag) rest. With that said, it would be hard to compare the results. I also didn't shoot the MK II for quite some time while I put together a CZ American (which my brother now has). I don't have any old targets to compare either... I've gotten better about saving some of my targets as data collection now though.From memory, I would say that before the stock swap it would shoot about the same as the above target; however, that's using front and rear rests.

I'll try to get a target posted soon that is shot using a rear rest. I think that the groups will probably be cut quite a bit using a stable rest. (might take a little while though, due to Whitetail season)

Oh, I also used to shoot PMC Zappers which out performed the CCI Blazer ammo by far.

Franky, nice rifle you have there!

Craig at PDC makes a real nice rifle stock, they are easy to adjust and not a bad looking stock either. I have a pair of CZ-452 .22lr mounted into his stocks and they shoot great.

Good Luck with that rifle.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MEAT4272</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Franky, nice rifle you have there!

Craig at PDC makes a real nice rifle stock, they are easy to adjust and not a bad looking stock either. I have a pair of CZ-452 .22lr mounted into his stocks and they shoot great.

Good Luck with that rifle. </div></div>

Thanks!

I am impressed with this stock and will probably buy another in the future.