• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Pelican Case Contents

Haz251

Private
Minuteman
Jan 16, 2018
This may be in the wrong section. If so I apologize.

But what are you guys packing in your pelican cases along with your rifle? For PRS/Range trips. Bolt in the action or separate cut out for it? Ammo in mags? How many mags? Etc etc...

Reactions: Yooper3402
For when I go hunting abroad, I pack my rifle, sling, ammo, tripod, and cleaning rod w/ pads and a nylon brush into my pelican. I don't use a pelican outside of air travel because I think it's overkill for range trips. I'm just dipping my toes into comps, but I don't see them to be more harsh than a range trip.

For when I go hunting abroad, I pack my rifle, sling, ammo, tripod, and cleaning rod w/ pads and a nylon brush into my pelican. I don't use a pelican outside of air travel because I think it's overkill for range trips. I'm just dipping my toes into comps, but I don't see them to be more harsh than a range trip.
What are you using for range trips? Scabbard?

I just bought a SERT soft case which is supposed to fit inside a Pelican 1720 and the interior has molle loops. I plan to organize it with straps and molle pouches to organize as much stuff as I can but focusing on often needed items and making my range bag store optional stuff.

That will make light and heavy load outs easy to choose.

I'll keep my eyes open for a 1720 or similar size case for air travel but my immediate impression of the SERT case is very positive.

This is what my Pelican looks like, would carry more but keeping the weight under 50lb for air travel purposes. Range trips are just a cheap soft case and a backpack/range bag, pelican only gets used for air travel.

IMG_2108.jpg

This is what my Pelican looks like, would carry more but keeping the weight under 50lb for air travel purposes. Range trips are just a cheap soft case and a backpack/range bag, pelican only gets used for air travel.

View attachment 6936347

I've got the same cutouts for my rifle and accessories. But if I'm only going to the range, I throw my rifle on the back seat, sans case as it's just extra shit I don't want to lug around and throw the rest in my pack as it usually stays full and has everything I need in it

You cut that yourself?! Makes my job look like Michael Fox did it

Yeah, took my time and used one of those box cutter razor blades with a long blade plus a straight edge ruler. Blades get dull super fast, had to change them out every few minutes. Went through a whole pack of blades to do the project.

I've got the same cutouts for my rifle and accessories. But if I'm only going to the range, I throw my rifle on the back seat, sans case as it's just extra shit I don't want to lug around and throw the rest in my pack as it usually stays full and has everything I need in it

Yep, I toss my rifle in a drag bag when I'm going to the range, then have my shooting backpack with the rest of my stuff.

I just bought a SERT soft case which is supposed to fit inside a Pelican 1720 and the interior has molle loops. I plan to organize it with straps and molle pouches to organize as much stuff as I can but focusing on often needed items and making my range bag store optional stuff.

That will make light and heavy load outs easy to choose.

I'll keep my eyes open for a 1720 or similar size case for air travel but my immediate impression of the SERT case is very positive.

Hi @flyer , if it’s one of our 42” TCC that you bought and it was recently (within the last 12 months), it has been somewhat resized; 42” is now the internal length. It now fits in the Pelican Storm iM3200 case. See photo.

5568AF87-0C9E-4B32-BF89-89042C6D7808.jpeg

Reactions: Covertnoob5
I don't like to over stuff my cases as it adds weight, important when flying, and also takes away padding. Here is what my travel cases have looked like for years.

zCZrObu.jpg

Sheldon Brings up a good point and thats weight. I pack as much into my case as possible and it is HEAVY.

Rifle, bolt out, mags, cleaning kit, ear and eye pro, targets under the lid foam, data book, ammo, Bipods on rifle, tool kit, kestrel

If i can i try to take as little to the range as possible. But you wouldn’t know it picking up my case.

Hi @flyer , if it’s one of our 42” TCC that you bought and it was recently (within the last 12 months), it has been somewhat resized; 42” is now the internal length. It now fits in the Pelican Storm iM3200 case. See photo.

View attachment 6950580

Are you guys going to offer this? I've been looking for something like this for my big IMI forever.

@Covertnoob5 , our 45" TCC case fits in the iM3300 case but it is only 47" long externally compared to the Storm's 50" interior. That said it all depends on the OAL of your rifle.

Yea my rifle is 48" long otherwise I would've purchased one from you already!