• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pelican Customer service report

*greenhorn*

Minuteman
Aug 24, 2011
Daytona, Fl
Pelican Customer service report:

I have a 1750 pelican case. and over the holidays i went on hunting trip, i also have (well the wife because i cant drive) a soccer moms offspring transport vechial or MINI Van for short. It is equipped with all the essentials. DVD player folding seats, but its newest feature is a Reese cargo hitch carrying unit. This is where i thought it would be a good idea to put my Pelican case for transport.

NOT GOOD IDEA, or the way i had it put on, starboard to port closest to the van so the other luggage cases would hid it from the nose peoples walking by at the rest area.

well it was 6-8 inchs from the exhaust pipe, and it melted the case. well i was going to let it go, actual i did i went and ordered a new 1750 case. well my ffl asked me if he could show it to a buddy, he actually called Pelican and got it replaced under Warranty. so just saying even if its something stupid like that Pelican will tack care of it. they have even been emailing me quite abit to tell me its got their and they shipped it so on so on. Anthony W. Silva one of their Warranty guys is probably the most helpful warranty rep i have ever talked to.

Just throughing it out their, i know their a little on the expensive side, but after this experience i will never buy another case for my higher end guns i have just place a order for a 3rd this time its a 4 pistol case.

I have nothing but good things to say i hope you all feel the same way about yours.

Respectfully

Re: Pelican Customer service report

Sounds like I need to be in the market for some pelican cases. I'm needing a good hard case and those pelican cases look stout as hell.

I have a pelican case and it's built like a tank. Heavy though. A lighter alternative, at least as strong is a Starlight case. That was great customer service from Pelican though.

i have destroyed a starlight case, thru my own stupidity...

starlight did step up post haste and replaced.....they are good in my book and get a big platinum star......just sayin

When Pelican says "unconditional lifetime warranty", they mean it. I am a Pelican case dealer, and I've NEVER had problems with them not replacing something that they couldn't fix.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ho Chung</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When Pelican says "unconditional lifetime warranty", they mean it. I am a Pelican case dealer, and I've NEVER had problems with them not replacing something that they couldn't fix. </div></div>

I have a couple as well, never had any trouble but its nice to know there are still good people out there.Ive had the same sort of treatment with Nightvision Depot. Good folks.

Good outfit, use them for my camera gear. Had a 20+ year old case just wear out from use (abuse), called, shipped it back and the following week I had a replacement.
The only caveat is that only the case has a lifetime warranty, not the inserts (I was told to remove all content)
With their acquisition of Hardigg, they have a commanding marketing lead.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sooo do you have an extra set of foam now? I have a case, or 4, with no foam. </div></div>

I tried to go through two different foam companies and it was too much hassle for only saving a few dollars. Save yourself the time and just order the foam that pelican sells. There are some sites that are $10-$20 cheaper than buying direct from pelican. Speaking from experience.

i dont have extra foam, when you send in for replace, they tell you to keep the foam, the foam is the only thing not warranted on the case witch sucks i got a 2x2 inch spot witch was damaged by the exhaust, but i have the new case so when i cut for my Ar's ill just patch the spot for my long range platform. im glad my ffl called me when he did lol i was laying out area to cut for long-range. that would have sucked lol i would have had 2 long-range cuts and 2 cases lol lol

I had no idea Pelican had such a warranty. It certainly is a "good thing" to have so many manufacturers in our community who stand behind their product: Pelican, Vortex, USO, Dillon etc. etc.

They gained me as a lifetime buyer after they gave free cases away to veterans who lost limbs.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jasonk</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jon Lester</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sooo do you have an extra set of foam now? I have a case, or 4, with no foam.</div></div>

http://www.thefoamfactory.com/packagingfoam/charcoalfoam.html </div></div>

Excellent resource Jason!! thanks

doesn't the pelican warranty only exclude 3 things? If i remember right it was damage caused by bears, sharks, and children under 5 or something to that effect.

Any one using silica in their cases for long term storage? I understand that while pelican's keep moisture out.. they also keep it in and can led to rusting..

Yeah they are great. I broke a latch on mine contacted them about getting a new latch and they sent me 2 for free. I didn't even have to prove I owned the case.

Shit do they replace stuff for dumb stuff??
If I melt it on the tailpipe of my truck will I get a new case?
I aint being a smartass I just dont know. never had one ( YET )
but been lookin hard.