• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

People at gas stations, really?

"Get an electric car! That way you'd be laughing and zooming past all those poor suckers who have to stop to get gas while you never have to!"...

-Maybe AOC???

Right now, depending on the area you are in, and if you can afford it, that's actually not bad advice. For Now....
(And of course if you have a garage to park it in and charge at home or at work).

Once things get a bit further down the carbon cult plan for Global Enslavement, the price of electricity will skyrocket and there will be rationing of it and shortages (just look at Europe right now). Then that new mileage tax they are figuring out how to make work will bite your ass hard.

For awhile it's great to have an electric vehicle, but eventually it won't be once the ruling elites get far enough into their plans. You'll be almost as screwed as the folks with the oil based fuel vehicles.

You can also hedge your bets a bit by getting an extended range plug in hybrid, especially if it's one the Feds will give you $7500 for getting & or if your state also offers incentives. But then of course add up how much extra it costs over a straight oil based fuel vehicle of the same amount, and how much driving you will do and see if at say $5 gallon gasoline, the numbers make sense over your expected usage of the vehicle.

If you cannot charge at home or at work, then electric vehicles offer very little to no savings over a mild hybrid oil based fuel powered vehicle.

Drove 9000 miles in the last month (two wranglers) - Glacier, Yellowstone, Ouray - wheeled my jeep and varminted along the way -no way could you do that today in any electric vehicle. Maybe in 10 years. If there is any value in an electric vehicles, they will strip the value out of it by then.

Reactions: SONIC SAAMI
Drove 9000 miles in the last month (two wranglers) - Glacier, Yellowstone, Ouray - wheeled my jeep and varminted along the way -no way could you do that today in any electric vehicle. Maybe in 10 years. If there is any value in an electric vehicles, they will strip the value out of it by then.
You could've pulled a diesel power generator on a trailer with your electric vehicle charging as needed.

I had a couple hidden behind the license plate. Probably had one or two on the passenger side...but I learned all about hayfoot, strawfoot in bootcamp.
I had a car with the filler neck under the license plate. Fill it up with 100 octane Chevron out of the White Pump then burn rubber out of the gas station dumping 5 gallons of gas on the road.

At current rate of our BANANA, you will not have the necessary permissions to drive in 10 years.

The best part was your buddy flicking that lit camel short out the window.
Didn't Mythbusters show that a lit cigarette does't burn hot enough to light gasoline?

Yes, yes they did...

Had some chicks show me and my buddy their tits and like a dumbass, I rearended the car in front of me. Folded the bumper up over the gas cap. Luckily the dude driving the car I hit was high as a kite and didn't want the cops called.

Reactions: hollowoutadime
Didn't Mythbusters show that a lit cigarette does't burn hot enough to light gasoline?

Yes, yes they did...

Only gasoline vapors my daddy taught that when I was seven years old I didn’t have to learn about it from some liberals on television

Only gasoline vapors my daddy taught that when I was seven years old I didn’t have to learn about it from some liberals on television
My dad relayed a demonstration he was given by the owner of the 'filling station' in his town growing up. Putting out a lit match in a bucket of gasoline. Just don't try it immediately after pouring the fuel...

Burning brush piles when I was a kid (clearing pastures), we poured a few gallons of diesel onto the stack and put a match to it. No joy. It took a barbecue lighter to get the diesel going.

I pay the few cents per gallon to use a CC at the pump. I've seen the type people(?) that hang out in convenience stores.
Gas is high enough as it is. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay more to use a credit card. Besides, the hours I go to gas up there usually isn't anyone in the place.

The bride and I have been doing some traveling lately, nothing serious or long, and along pretty much the same interstate which means we gas up in the same 2 or 3 places coming and going. Tell me why people do these things at a gas station/convenience/fast food store on the interstate. In our area, these places are busy majority of the time during the spring and summer when people travel most. It makes no sense aside from pure laziness.

People pull up to the gas pumps, pump their gas, clean their windshield, return the nozzle to the pump and then go inside and shop, and go to the restroom. All the while their vehicle is blocking the pump so no one else can get gas. All they would have to do at this particular station is pull ahead 20 feet into a storefront parking place which is nearly always open but NO that would be too easy. If you pull up behind one of these people you expect them to fill up and pull out but noooo, they have to use the #6 pump for a personal parking spot under the canopy.

Then there are those who pull up, get the pump going and head into the store. The pump shuts off with the familiar "click" before they even hit the front door of the store and they are nowhere to be found for quite some time. I guess they think it is better than the first example since the nozzle is still in the gas filler of the car even though it has long been shut off. Eventually, they return and act like they can't believe the car is full already. Duh

We have had a Subaru for 5 years now and it took a while to get accustomed to the gas filler being on the right side. OK, I get that but why can't people figure out which side to have next to the pump to fill it up. I have watched people pull in with the left side to the pump only to find the gas filler on the right just to spin around the pump and you guessed it, the fill is still on the wrong side.

Lastly, at times there isn't an abundance of room for vehicles between two pumps, and for some reason, people want to test how far the pump hose can reach by keeping a 10-foot distance from the pump. So I pull in and barely have enough room to let my wife out on the pump side and I am holding my door and squeezing out to keep my door from hitting his car.

OK, I am done. Surely I am not the only person who sees this happen?
easy answer - people are inconsiderate, totally self-absorbed fucks who think only of themselves

Reactions: 6/250/40
Gas is high enough as it is. I'll be damned if I'm going to pay more to use a credit card. Besides, the hours I go to gas up there usually isn't anyone in the place.

1660406027123.png