• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Perp takes 4 rds and just walks it off .

forrestgump01

Once a deplorable, always a deplorable!
Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2013
    Georgia
    This guy takes 4 rds and then just shakes it off.
    Someone needs to explain to these officers that zombies require head shots .

I noticed the red dot on the pistol.
    Im a little surprised L.E. departments have started putting red dots on duty guns .
    Is this fairly new or have they been doing this for awhile ?

Im a little surprised L.E. departments have started putting red dots on duty guns .

Couple of small departments around here allow their guys to use red dots. Been going on a few years. Edit: these are approved officer/deputy purchases, not issued.

Years ago I was in a gun shop/pawn shop in Fayetteville Ar. and some rather large black dude comes in and grabs a few guns off the wall and runs out.
    I watched the shop owner put 8 rounds of .380 into the guy.
    It never slowed him a slight bit.
    I've never considered a .380 to be worth a fuck since.
    The shots were not badly placed, I could see center mass was hit with every shot.
    I doubt they penetrated more than 1/2-1 inch.

Years ago I was in a gun shop/pawn shop in Fayetteville Ar. and some rather large black dude comes in and grabs a few guns off the wall and runs out.
    I watched the shop owner put 8 rounds of .380 into the guy.
    It never slowed him a slight bit.
    I've never considered a .380 to be worth a fuck since.
    The shots were not badly placed, I could see center mass was hit with every shot.
    I doubt they penetrated more than 1/2-1 inch.
    I remember reading about a guy who took a .380auto round to the forehead from a fairly close distance and the projectile ultimately failed to penetrate his skull and reportedly bounced off. But I'm sure the flesh wound bled like crazy.

Some of the synthetic’s out there as well as bath salts and psychedelics can cause behavior like this like previously mentioned. I have even seen pretty small framed people have super human strength on those kinds of drugs too. Aside from just dumping rounds in the body of that dude and causing so much trauma the body just stops, the only effective way to stop that threat would be a Tbox shot and shut down all bodily functions.

images

tatanka-buffalo.gif

Reactions: BScore

Our department allows us to use them on personal duty weapons but they do not supply them.

I remember reading about a guy who took a .380auto round to the forehead from a fairly close distance and the projectile ultimately failed to penetrate his skull and reportedly bounced off. But I'm sure the flesh wound bled like crazy.
    When I was a LEO, I had a fat dude in custody, that dug a .380 round out of a fat roll, around his waist. He'd been shot a while back and it worked its way out, like a splinter. I had to do paperwork on that one. :(

Last edited:

I haven't seen it hear but makes no sense. Most officers have piss poor aim to begin with so this will just make it worse as the principles and fundamentals of shooting and practice will take a back seat to 'just point the dot'

Could this strange "zombie like "behavior be a another adverse effect of "the jab " ? 🤔
    (Joking) ... ..or maybe not .

• Haha
    Reactions: 10ring'r
    I've heard of that happening with a .25. The bullet didn't enter the skull but just travelled around under the skin and exited the opposite side.

Some denser boned animals need a large caliber, plus, as Jeff Cooper stated, it's easier explain to a jury why you shot a perp twice with a .45 instead of 8-10 times with a smaller caliber.

The mall perp in the video should have got up and told that cop "I need your clothes, boots and car keys.".

Last edited:

My dad has repeatedly told the story over the years about a friend of his:

The friend and another guy apparently got into a fight with a couple of dudes at a bar in Southern California in the 1960s. Anyway, the friend and his other buddy ended up working over one of the dudes pretty badly.

As my dad's friend and the other buddy jump into a car to leave before the police arrive, the dude they just worked over stumbles up and sticks a J-frame .38 against the buddy's head through the open window. The buddy looked over at the guy and said "You don't have the balls", and promptly gets shot point blank in the forehead. The bullet apparently deflected off the skull and traveled under the skin and around the skull for several inches, before exiting and then hitting my dad's friend just below the collar bone. The bullet still had enough energy to penetrate an inch or so. The buddy suffered a burn and a huge laceration to his forehead, but otherwise survived without issue.

Some of dad's stories have been exaggerated over the decades, but that particular story hasn't changed a bit in the 40 years I've heard it.

Occasionally I'll pocket carry a 637 when I have no other options...and I always remember that story when I put the gun in my shorts.

Anybody ever read this story?
    I knew an old Hell's Angel that got shot multiple times with a .45 and survived. He had the scars and pictures to prove it. His torso was a solid greenish blue bruise where there weren't bandages.

I haven't seen it hear but makes no sense. Most officers have piss poor aim to begin with so this will just make it worse as the principles and fundamentals of shooting and practice will take a back seat to 'just point the dot'
    It's authorized here. That's also not been the experience at the training bureau. They can get noobs, some that have never fired a gun before, to the required level of proficiency faster with a dot than irons.

They get practice with both but let's be honest, if you've been through a decent RDS pistol class and still haven't seen the light I dunno what to say.

They rock. Frankly, I think most of the training required is for showing people used to irons how to transition.

If you don't already have 25yrs of time under your belt with irons learning on an RDS is probably a breeze.

Buddy on local pd has a Glock with a red dot on his duty gun. Not department issue but approved.

Imagine having a 5 shot snub revolver and he gets up that.quick.

Have you reloaded yet?

Reactions: camocorvette
    Shot placement matters, unless you're carrying a .45acp then they just do a backflip and disintegrate
    Thought that was only if you were carrying a 10mm

Are we sure all 4 were center mass? I only watched the video once; but is it possible that there was 1-2 impact center, and then as the perp falls, the other rounds skim over him?

I know Synthetic drugs make people do fucked up things; but 4 to the chest should have done the trick it seems

You mean like the same way issuing optical sights has reduced hit rates with long guns?

years ago a buddy and i were staying up late watching tv having some beers while his wife slept in the other room. there was a video clip of a black dude that took his nephew hostage and was wading out in a lake with him in water up to his chest. two LEO's were paddling up behind him, and just as they almost reached him, he plundged the child under the water and was holding him under. the officers started smacking the guy in the head with the oar, and it had no effect.

my buddy and i erupted yelling "shoot that motherfucker! shoot him!!" to which the drew and shot him in the back like 3 or four times....to no effect. they went back to beating him over the head with the oar; while Clay and i were screaming at the tv to shoot him in the back of the head...his wife came out (it was like 230 am) and in the ensuing excitement, we never did find out how that one ended.

• Haha
    Reactions: Sean the Nailer
    You mean like the same way issuing optical sights has reduced hit rates with long guns?
    not even close and apples to oranges. I take it you have no clue what you're talking about given shooting both platforms is fundamentally different.

I recall being at Bells gun shop on Mannheim Rd in Chicagoland early 70’s. In the booth next to me was a Chicago police officer . He fired off 50 rounds with his service revolver @ 30ft. I heard him\ say ‘ Frank I’m getting better.......I got 15 on the paper........not the black ;-(

Rich

the Agency that i have several friends at issue Glocks with RMR’s on it. My old agency would let you have the red dot if you purchased it (They still issue Glocks with plastic sights). I was assigned to classification in the jail, I had a conversation with a guy that got shot in the head with a 45 by another cop I know. He said it was really peaceful.