• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Pete Lincoln - Roedale Precision PLEASE READ

Pandamonia

Private
Minuteman
Dec 3, 2010
Pete.

After emailing you 4 times and calling you with no answer with regard to a Sako 85 picatinny rail that i have been waiting now 4 weeks for. Im starting to get a little pissed off.

I have no idea if you have posted it since i live in a apartment where delivery men cant leave cards to say they have called. I have no tracking info or any communication other than you have got my order and taken my money.

i have paid you TOP $ for this rail which you have taken the money from my account.

This is the last chance im going to give you to give me an answer to what the heck is going on.

Re: Pete Roedale - Roedale Precision PLEASE READ

shocked.gif

my muzzle break took 1 day short of 6 weeks to arrive most of the wait time is due to customs since it comes in from outside the conus i was also very frustrated and i know the guy is very busy but there seems to be a lack of follow up on his part with items once they are ordered i think he should be a little more upfront about just how long it takes to recieve these parts but to be fair he isnt the shop down the road so getting something from him in a week isnt going to happen and i agree he should email you back but IMO you should be patient your part will arrive soon enough

i live in England so i shouldnt have any delays other than Pete posting it out. all he has to do is put the thing in the post.

i have had to buy some cheap 2 piece mounts so i can use my night vision on my rifle at more expense because without this rail i have 5k worth of gun thats useless.

if i knew when it was coming i would understand but right now hes sitting on my money and not even responding to my emails.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">call him then. </div></div>

been there done that.

no answer. called about 15 times

then drive over there and bang on his door and tell him you want your euros back other than that you will have to wait for them to arrive at your flat but it has been a valuable lesson learned there is tons of info on this site all saying the same thing his products are second to none but after your payment has been recieved you dont get much communication with him

I shot Pete a P.M regarding an order on here a few weeks ago and he replied pretty promptly. I must be strange as I would rather him be working on orders (getting them out)than answering a thousand emails a day. Maybe try a P.M if you havent already.

germany is not exactly down the road. i was hoping he was on these forums since he spends no time answering his emails. But spends enough time on here advertising hes wares

he is hit and miss i think this is going to be a situation where you will just have to wait i am sure that is not what you want to hear but that is probrably the case

Oh , My God , you waited SIX weeks to get some thing from oversea's , the pain of it all .

The most I have waited for a product from oversea's is over 2 yrs & still counting , mostly due to the absolutely Insane US Export requirements etc .

I can buy stuff from any country in the World in a fraction of the time , redtape , drama & extra cost ,etc , than I can from the US at the moment .

Sh%t , six weeks , I wish , you guys have no idea .

Later Chris

Quick fix... go with an American made rifle

Or stay home grown and go with an AI......

Pete Lincoln, not Pete Roedale.

If your going to publically call him out you might want to get his name correct.

Search the archives and you will find that your issue is not unique.

RT

btw fwiw buy American

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: PittsDriver</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
btw fwiw buy American </div></div>

+1

Buying American is largely not an option for us foreigners because you won't fucking ship us things

I'm waiting on ~2000E worth of gear from Roedale, 1 month +. To be fair 3/4 of that is something Pete has no control over.

Also with the Roedale Sako rail I had one on a 75 III action and found that due to the design and the angled dovetails on the action you require a lot of windage correction to get a 100m zero with the rail... so I have gone to a custom rail bolted/epoxied to my action now.

+1 on calm down

Petes a busy guy that delivers in the end

Do not fear he has not run away with your money
When your order ships you will get an email with a Deutsche Post tracking number

From the sounds of things, to say he gets a little swamped would be an understatement.

Sorry to hear you can't order American parts Bevan, but the OP doesn't have a location and I'd guess they are from the US.

Understood with the money part, but doesn't seem like it's the first time it's happened.

I have also the impression he started to believe to be the only guy in universe doing rifle tuning. I think I sent him like 4 enquiries about different stuff and so far no answer. He might be a fine gunsmith but has no clue about customer service.

For americans this might be a bit weird however here in Europe (at least this part) there seems to be a growing trend of unfair business practices (carpenters, plumbers, mechanics etc...) of taking customers money and then pulling handbrake on work obligations. People are getting tired of this and also governments and judicial branch doesn't give a flying F... for such problems, default interest is something all nice on paper but in reality you'd have to go to court for each case and with 3-5 years court proceedings turn around you're better off just moving on...

I hope you get your rail in the end and i hope Pete will improve his business practices as services he offers are rare in this part of the woods
smile.gif

EU has an increasing tendency to slow down any commerce related to guns because of controls.. ( as compared to the US that has cut down any "tactical" exports). Pete has not ran away with the money, the rail I am sure will get there. yes it is frustrating but have patience, it should be worth the wait.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: (pink)MiST</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Understood with the money part, but doesn't seem like it's the first time it's happened. </div></div>

Not the first time.
When on shelf ready to ship, should be send next day, not 4 to 6 weeks later.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gyr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">EU has an increasing tendency to slow down any commerce related to guns because of controls.. ( as compared to the US that has cut down any "tactical" exports). Pete has not ran away with the money, the rail I am sure will get there. yes it is frustrating but have patience, it should be worth the wait. </div></div>

Business malpractice is not caused by the EU legislation. EC Directive 91/477/EEC referring to control of the acquisition and possession of weapons has nothing to do with this. The rail our British colleague is waiting for is not a "substantial part of weapon"- you do not need an export license for that. It's just a piece of steel you can sell without any limitations

There should be no delay in the post, its just a 'machine part'.

My betting is that the delay has been caused whilst he has more manufactured and put through coating. Although I've never bought from Roedale I would have no doubts as to his honesty and integrity. Just out of interest what was the delivery stated at time of order? My guessing if it was 2-3 weeks that meant he was waiting for new manufacture.

TBH mate I think you should have persevered a little longer before you came onto a pubic forum with your complaint, after all 4 weeks is not all that long.

If you can use this forum to complain on you should also use it to do your research too.

Pete gets knocked on here a bit, and from my point mostly unfairly.

Everytime I get a mail of him hes silly busy, and always chasing the orders but he gets there eventually, and his gear is good, real good, ask all the lads on here who own his stuff.

Ive been waiting for a while, I dont call him,if he's on the phone or mailing, then hes not getting time to do his real work. He wont let ya down. my rig will be ready very soon, cant wait.

Hes good to go, IMHO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Buying American is largely not an option for us foreigners because you won't fucking ship us things</div></div>

Bevan,
I understand your situation and your reply. However you have filled out your profile. Pandamonia has not. By the way it was written I was going out on a limb and assuming he is in the states. Hell, I can't get coffee shipped to me from a family run plantation that's located down under because of the US goverment.

RT

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Jagged77</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There should be no delay in the post, its just a 'machine part'.

My betting is that the delay has been caused whilst he has more manufactured and put through coating. Although I've never bought from Roedale I would have no doubts as to his honesty and integrity. Just out of interest what was the delivery stated at time of order? My guessing if it was 2-3 weeks that meant he was waiting for new manufacture.

TBH mate I think you should have persevered a little longer before you came onto a pubic forum with your complaint, after all 4 weeks is not all that long.

If you can use this forum to complain on you should also use it to do your research too.

</div></div>

+1. Well stated.

I placed an order & payed for a muzzle brake last Sept 19th , about three months ago , since then no sign of life , no replies to my emails & PMs here on SH .

This is going on each time I place an order with Roedale so I'm going to be upset , tomorrow I'll drop him a line and 'll try to get in touch with him in person ....

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jp67</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: (pink)MiST</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Understood with the money part, but doesn't seem like it's the first time it's happened. </div></div>

Not the first time.
When on shelf ready to ship, should be send next day, not 4 to 6 weeks later. </div></div>

+1 !

PP out

If you don't like Roedale's business practices and slow shipping rates...... DONT USE HIM!

Simple Fix. Or you could all go stand out side of his shop and picket line, that would really chap his ass.

Well,

At least you didn't bring this to the hide first. That's refreshing to a certain extent. It seems like there are so many that just can't wait to throw a dealer under the bus.

I've never ordered from him but it seems like there is a pattern of long turnaround consistent delivery.

If he weren't so good, he wouldn't be so busy.

Ergo, he's busy, and getting things done.

That means, be more patient, suck it up, and relax a bit.

Be happy he's busy, because this means his products are good, and when you DO receive it/them, you'll actually be HAPPY and all the sudden "all is well with the world".

Lots and Lots of people could stand to learn this.

Period/Message Ends/Full Stop/Roger-Dodger-Wilco-And OUT

Funny,but I've been across a few (lets say) forums before and I'll say every forum where there's a business from overseas thats a known vendor,there's always somekind of thread about delay and communication about it,very common it seems...

~Reagan

All i want is a rail that fits my Sako 85. to be honest i didnt want to order it from Roedale since hes so expensive compared to rails out of the states but i couldnt find any one who makes them and if they did im not sure they would ship it outside america.

Im not sure if he has stock but if he does there is no excuse. He should hire someone to help him send out items and general admin and customer service.

If he wants to carry on leaving people hanging for weeks or months he might not have a business left one day.

I ordered one of Pete's MK I bipods through the group buy he had going a few months ago. Pete has been very good about responding to my pm's here on the hide. I haven't received the bipod yet, but received news of it shipping about a week ago.

Just be patient and I'm sure he will deliver.

I also waiting on a roedale order - asked for a refund, no comms since.

Sounds like he's a bit overwhelmed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYS338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you don't like Roedale's business practices and slow shipping rates...... DONT USE HIM! </div></div>

You're more than right ,plain & simple , infact I placed this last order for a friend of mine , not for me .

PP out

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pandamonia</div><div class="ubbcode-body">All i want is a rail that fits my Sako 85. to be honest i didnt want to order it from Roedale since hes so expensive compared to rails out of the states but i couldnt find any one who makes them and if they did im not sure they would ship it outside america.

Im not sure if he has stock but if he does there is no excuse. He should hire someone to help him send out items and general admin and customer service.

If he wants to carry on leaving people hanging for weeks or months he might not have a business left one day. </div></div>

I have a buddy thats a Sako dude and he's telling me the sako 85 uses the same mounting bases as the sako 75 and TRG-S.Maybe there is someone stateside that might have a base for that,some food for thought.

~Reagan

Near Mfg makes very nice picatinney rails for Sako actions: www.scopebases.com

Call & talk to Richard Near - very knowledgeable & will help you out if possible!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: (pink)MiST</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Understood with the money part, but doesn't seem like it's the first time it's happened. </div></div>

Quite. I keep seeing this name come up in regard to violated timetables.

I doubt ill get it this side of xmas or if ill even get my money back in time to order another. if i had known he was like this i wouldnt of ordered it.

sigh

Sorry about your angst. I know this will do nothing to aswage the butt hurt your now feeling, but when it comes to custom guns and custom gun parts, you get one of two:

1) You got guys that are good mechanics, and build excellent kit, but suck at the business part of the equation.

2) You get good business men, that can't get good kit out the door with a map.

3) The ones that are good at both, are few, far and in-between, and are booked up solid, think Badger Ord. Seekins, McMillan, Manners, just to name a few.

Then couple delivery of materials and order/customs problems and communications from another country, in a different continent, 7 hour time diff. and it's got cluster "F" written all over it.

None of this is to say that Pete is a turd, or bad at anything, or that your being impatient, but it's not like your ordering Off The Shelf Toaster Ovens from El Paso.

Best of luck,

Bob

If they are "tactical" toaster ovens, they can't be shipped over to the U.K.

Sorry. Could not resist.

fdkay,

I missed the part that he was from the UK (which I would know if he filled out his farcking profile, hint). And your right, no tactical toaster ovens allowed over there. Surprised sometimes that big brother allows them to own anything more lethal than airsoft.

Bob