• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Pete Lincoln - Roedale Precision PLEASE READ

Re: Pete Roedale - Roedale Precision PLEASE READ

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I placed an order & payed for a muzzle brake last Sept 19th , about three months ago , since then no sign of life , no replies to my emails & PMs here on SH .

This is going on each time I place an order with Roedale so I'm going to be upset , tomorrow I'll drop him a line and 'll try to get in touch with him in person ....

PP out
</div></div>
One question sir..... WTF do you keep ordering from him??????
I know this is not your "first rodeo" with Roedale, as I have read all your previous pissing and moaning about it.
There must be other vendors over there for what you need. And, if not, that is why Roedale is so damn busy!!
I have never ordered from them. Probably never will. Not because of all this bashing though. I just usually find it in the USA.

As for the OP, I ordered a scope mount from Near Manufacturing in Canada. Richard provide good service and prompt shipping. He makes mounts for the rifle you have. And they are damn nice ones too!

When I was looking for a Sako 75 1-piece rail early 2009 Near Mfg weren't making them... still aren't listed on their website

I'm sure a lot of folks don't know that Jeff @ CDI Precision does an AICS dbm for Tikka either. It isn't on his web site. Near's web site leaves a few things to be desired. That is why I always email him when I am shopping for something.

to be honest i have had custom gun work done same day while i wait and i have received many things within the same week but this is the longest i have had to wait.

slow delivery times, I understand, are the norm with Roedale.
You better hope they haven't gone on holiday. That usually a month at a time!
Your parts will come. Too many here have had that result to doubt it.
Direct the OCD to some thing else for a while.

I ordered a bipod after pete responded promptly to a PM here on the hide that they were in stock ready to ship. My card was charged and then the bipod did not ship. I messaged him and he said he would refund my money, that there was a problem with his website and to put the order through again. I did just that. This time, no confirmation emails, no deduction from my account (thankfully) and no further communication from Roedale. I guess I won't be getting that bipod.

The kicker was that the money refunded to my account was $8 less than the initial deduction. I'm sure it was euro/dollar changes and I know it is not a lot of money, but it seems stupid that I have to pay for his web problems.

This is about patience and persistence.

Pete has been called out on the Hide by a fair few people in recent weeks.

IMHO, when that has happened, he has always provided a fair reply and used the experience to learn where he can improve his business and the service he provides.

I know he has been away from his office in the past few days as I have also been trying to contact him.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I spoke to him this morning and checked over a few open points on my build.

As others have pointed out, Pete has a great reputation and demand for his services and products are high.

Craftsmanship is by it's very nature a personal and time-consuming art.

The bottom line with any small enterprise is always resourcing.

There is always going to be a potential conflict between high-quality and speed of delivery.

I am guessing that Pete will manufacture items like his bipod or moderators in batches - so stock may or may not be available at short notice depending on what quantity each build run is and where he is in the production cycle.

Inventory management is also a critical issue - no-one wants to have cash-flow tied up in massive stocks that may have a slow turnaround.

Even things such as a post here on the Hide in praise of the bipods or moderators could quickly affect stock levels and result in what seemed like a decent level of stock suddenly being quickly allocated and a shortfall occuring.

We're not talking about major corporations when discussing these gunsmiths - we're not even talking business on a scale of Brownells, Midway or Cabela's!

In my business we always make it clear that the products we produce are custom products and, if an item is not in stock a lead time may be involved. We always try to specify a maximum wait period when this is the case. That is not always possible in an e-commerce environment but is relatively simple to advise with a simple order confirmation/follow-up email on an individual basis. I am sure Pete would be able to offer the same (if he doesn't already?).

For those who are able/prepared to wait for a custom rifle from a particular smith - whether it is Roedale or any of the other guys who are popular here - the wait is worthwhile.

I know from my own experience of two other builds that these things are rarely quick. Both took around 18 months.

For those who believe this is just a "European thing" and the US smiths are unassailable paragons of customer service virtue with faster-than-light delivery times, one of these was from a <span style="text-decoration: underline">very</span> well-known US smith.

But both rifles more than made up for the frustration and impatience of the wait!

Please - give the guy a break!

If you want something yesterday - maybe a custom solution from a small craftsman-based business is not what you need?

In all honesty, I think Pete must be getting way more business than he can handle with his current resources...

I dont know the guy personally, and have not been to his workshop, but I have seen pictures of his place and have purchased goods from him before so i know a little... and from what I can tell, he has a wide audience, a solid website and resources being stretched to their limits.

And this is not an uncommon theme amongst good gun smiths.

I think people just need to realise that before they pull the trigger on a purchase they take into consideration the likely chance of a massive wait. Simple as that.

If you have doubts get in contact with them and ask if the product can be shipped on that day. If they hear you and say yes then you can expect fast delivery. If they dont even answer the phone, then you know how they operate from day one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is about patience and persistence.

IMHO, when that has happened, he has always provided a fair reply and used the experience to learn where he can improve his business and the service he provides.

I know he has been away from his office in the past few days as I have also been trying to contact him.

Maybe I'm just lucky, but I spoke to him this morning and checked over a few open points on my build.

As others have pointed out, Pete has a great reputation and demand for his services and products are high.

There is always going to be a potential conflict between high-quality and speed of delivery.

I am guessing that Pete will manufacture items like his bipod or moderators in batches - so stock may or may not be available at short notice depending on what quantity each build run is and where he is in the production cycle.

Inventory management is also a critical issue - no-one wants to have cash-flow tied up in massive stocks that may have a slow turnaround.

Even things such as a post here on the Hide in praise of the bipods or moderators could quickly affect stock levels and result in what seemed like a decent level of stock suddenly being quickly allocated and a shortfall occuring.

We're not talking about major corporations when discussing these gunsmiths - we're not even talking business on a scale of Brownells, Midway or Cabela's!

In my business we always make it clear that the products we produce are custom products and, if an item is not in stock a lead time may be involved. We always try to specify a maximum wait period when this is the case. That is not always possible in an e-commerce environment but is relatively simple to advise with a simple order confirmation/follow-up email on an individual basis. I am sure Pete would be able to offer the same (if he doesn't already?).

For those who are able/prepared to wait for a custom rifle from a particular smith - whether it is Roedale or any of the other guys who are popular here - the wait is worthwhile.

I know from my own experience of two other builds that these things are rarely quick. Both took around 18 months.

For those who believe this is just a "European thing" and the US smiths are unassailable paragons of customer service virtue with faster-than-light delivery times, one of these was from a <span style="text-decoration: underline">very</span> well-known US smith.

But both rifles more than made up for the frustration and impatience of the wait!

If you want something yesterday - maybe a custom solution from a small craftsman-based business is not what you need? </div></div>

Hear, hear!

Pete even stopped his one-of-a-kind rifle making to speed up delivery times for the semi-custom stuff.

If I had no personal experience with Pete, I would think he's a con just by reading the negative comments/threads on several forums. But with the insight from my own order history, I can tell you that he is the last person responsible for the delays. And he is a honest, straight-forward guy, working his arse off to satisfy the needs of the euopean (and international) market...some guys would throw stones at me for saying that, but those are the impatient and the ignorant.

I was pissed, too...but not because Pete let me down, 'twas because we both were let down by the suppliers and Lady Luck...leading to a delivery time of 3 years...

Maybe he is not the fastest gunsmith if it comes to shipping, it sometimes seem like he is getting sloppy, but in the end everything shipped and was as expected. That's the conclusion for most threads on forums like this.

The communication is a different story. It is indeed a PITA to get him on the phone or receive an email answer... on the other hand, most guys are calling/mailing to ask unecessary questions so he can't answer those that are important.

His phone won't give an engaged signal, even if he is already speaking to someone, which should be solved for his own good.
That way customers will know if he is busy on the phone or not picking up, because he is working...

Pete is lacking the manpower to speed up/solve all the issues he currently has. He could need a call center and logistics agency just for his own business...but Roedale is not HK or AI...

There is a german saying: "Gut Ding will Weile haben", roughly translates to "Haste makes waste". If you order custom, you *should* know what you have to expect. Even for "in stock" items.

My two cents...

I think we alll understand Pete is honest, straight-forward guy but why say "on the shelf, ready for shipping" if it is not the case. He'de better say "it is gonna take 6 weeks"

JP - I understand your confusion and frustration...but again maintaining any web-shop is time consuming.

As I said above, companies running small stock levels can quickly find their planning, production and inventory struggle to keep pace if there is a sudden run on a particular item - say for example like Pete's Delta moderators after the recent post/review...or Boris' torque wrench kits....or Kaseys V8 Atlas or V2 AI spigots

Line SurgeonPredator says...Pete is not helped by the phone system he operates (no engaged tone, voicemail divert etc.) BUT he does explain this on his home page.

One problem is that it increasingly seems that people expect EVERY business on the internet to hold infinite stock of all items, to have access to armies of logistics and warehouse staff, fleets of vehicles etc.etc. just waiting for a call....

That is not reality.

Businesses of all sizes have to have an internet presence these days, but not everyone is Amazon....or even Brownells.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SurgeonPredator</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BasraBoy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This is about patience and persistence.

If you want something yesterday - maybe a custom solution from a small craftsman-based business is not what you need? </div></div>

Hear, hear!

Pete even stopped his one-of-a-kind rifle making to speed up delivery times for the semi-custom stuff.

If I had no personal experience with Pete, I would think he's a con just by reading the negative comments/threads on several forums. But with the insight from my own order history, I can tell you that he is the last person responsible for the delays. And he is a honest, straight-forward guy, working his arse off to satisfy the needs of the euopean (and international) market...some guys would throw stones at me for saying that, but those are the impatient and the ignorant.

I was pissed, too...but not because Pete let me down, 'twas because we both were let down by the suppliers and Lady Luck...leading to a delivery time of 3 years...

Maybe he is not the fastest gunsmith if it comes to shipping, it sometimes seem like he is getting sloppy, but in the end everything shipped and was as expected. That's the conclusion for most threads on forums like this.

The communication is a different story. It is indeed a PITA to get him on the phone or receive an email answer... on the other hand, most guys are calling/mailing to ask unecessary questions so he can't answer those that are important.

His phone won't give an engaged signal, even if he is already speaking to someone, which should be solved for his own good.
That way customers will know if he is busy on the phone or not picking up, because he is working...

Pete is lacking the manpower to speed up/solve all the issues he currently has. He could need a call center and logistics agency just for his own business...but Roedale is not HK or AI...

There is a german saying: "Gut Ding will Weile haben", roughly translates to "Haste makes waste". If you order custom, you *should* know what you have to expect. Even for "in stock" items.

My two cents... </div></div>

I can only support the above!

On top of everything Pete has some problems in his private life at the moment that needs his attantion as well. They guy is working his ass off, give him some slack.
We all have ups and down in life and Pete is having some bad things happening to him lately. We are all human and for a small company like he has that will work thrue on his business.

Pete, take care mate!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I just usually find it in the USA.

</div></div>

Man ,
already answered to your question in a previous post , then you answered to your question by yourself .

If we try to get some stuff from USA we get an educated negative answer, that's why many of us not americans try to satisfy our needs from EU suppliers , is that more clear now ?

PP out

You are mixing two issues in the discussion- the first one regarding roedale's integrity and the second one regarding business standards.
Personally I can have compassion for someone's problems but if you a running a company, take people's money and commit yourself to deliver something, then you have to deliver what you promised.

It is not customer's business to investigate what's wrong. If you are working a lot and still cannot deliver the product on time, then you should hire more people to do the stuff for you. You don't have to be warren buffet to figure that out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bevan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When I was looking for a Sako 75 1-piece rail early 2009 Near Mfg weren't making them... still aren't listed on their website </div></div>

Call & talk to Richard Near. I know for awile he was swamped with contract work, but the last time I talked to him (August) he had bases for the Sako 75.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 1shot2kill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">then drive over there and bang on his door and tell him you want your euros back </div></div>

LOL I laughed but it is "pounds" not the EU Euro.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pinco Palla</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: shoot4fun</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

I just usually find it in the USA.

</div></div>

Man ,
already answered to your question in a previous post , then you answered to your question by yourself .

If we try to get some stuff from USA we get an educated negative answer, that's why many of us not americans try to satisfy our needs from EU suppliers , is that more clear now ?

PP out

</div></div>
Not mine you didn't! BTW, your statement is "Clear as Mud"!
My point was that you take every opportunity to jab at Roedale but keep on buying from them.
American suppliers have such a difficult time with export laws that it is often too much hassle to sell in Europe (hell even Canada).

I also ordered 2 bipods presented as "on the shelf and ready to ship" in the group buy ad.

My credit card was promptly charged in October. I've had no response to my multiple e-mails in request for information as to possible reasons for the delay and also no bipods.

In ordering from Europe it does take a little longer, but not this long for an in stock item. I've ordered items from over the pond before but not from Roedale.

This has been my first experience with Roedale and certainly my last.

I'll see if I can get a refund through my credit card since I can get no response from Roedale, {Pete Lincoln}.

John

I came across this thread by accident

I was his victim some 2.5 years ago when he build me a supposedly custom rifle with a knoxx riflecomp stock

After waiting for 02 years which he blamed me for changing my mind

A rifle eventually turned up with a standard Hogue stock which PL admitted opening in a UK forum that he bought from ebay ! and passed it onto me on a custom rifle !

The rifle never shot straight so in the end I paid for 02 opinions independently to examine the rifle,

It turned out that the action was never blue printed at all !

and the scope mount was superglued to the action and tapped off centre.

Fortunately I only paid for the rifle and not for the scope that came with it.

In the end I kept the scope for unfinished work which I had to get another gunsmith to finish

Bottom line nightmare scenario

Here is a link to numerous other folks in the UK who got stung by Peter Lincoln in the past.

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=2832&hl=%20peter%20%20lincoln&st=0

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SurgeonPredator</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hear, hear!

His phone won't give an engaged signal, even if he is already speaking to someone, which should be solved for his own good.That way customers will know if he is busy on the phone or not picking up, because he is working...

My two cents...</div></div>

Those statements alone, are worthy of repeating. The "Sense" that is injected into those words are so pertinent that they should be "Common". And yet, COMMON SENSE, isn't quite so common now, is it?

Merry Christmas, and a Happy New Year Pete, et al.

Ive heard nothing but good things about this mans work from various people and have read it here. However his communication skills are zero. And no doubt he will come on and write a 2000 word explanation as to why the loss of magnetism in the North Pole has caused havoc in the workshop yada yada yada. If you order something thats supposedly on the shelf then A)you obviously need the part quickly and B) you expect to recieve it in around ten days give or take. If hes that busy he can afford a competent PA or secretary or even a customer services Manager to stop threads like this from being posted.

"I might be lucky but I spoke to him only yesterday"

Who cares!? And why the hell does it take 'persistence' to pay someone your money and to get what you ordered from them in a timely manner?!

He runs a small outfit, it's not rocket science to have live online inventory management.

I wonder if the same US based people on this thread who are advocating more patience or showing irritation at the temerity of the OP for 'another' Roedale thread are willing to do business with Botach Tactical and their notorious business practices (which seem to be the same as Roedales - make em wait and don't communicate).

If there are any machinists in Europe reading this then they should see a real business opportunity here...

WOW Are you folks suggesting that all those people who has ordered from Roedale are dumb and did not understand what we are signing up for ?

Remember this

These stories have been doing the rounds for the past 3.5 years
Victims spans many countries

It cost nothing to be in touch and let customers know what's going on ?

I think none of us really mind waiting for a custom rifle as long as we know everything is on course and there are procedures to be followed

It's "NO COMMUNICATION" that really piss people off

THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO DEFENSE FOR THIS KIND OF BEHAVIOUR

Spoke to him the other day, to say he's busy is a bit of an understatement.

One thing i can say is that im happy he isnt rushing things out of the door. Sinking close to $1000 of my hard-earned, 19yo's wage money, i want my gear to be top noch and im sure it will be.

If you want good gear your going to have to wait for it. if you want gear NOW then you'll have to accept it might not be as high quality.

~~~~~

Edit.
Unless your british, dont bitch about firearm restrictions.

You spoke to him the other day? you must of been lucky. Ive been trying to get into contact with him for about a month, and all i want is a refund
laugh.gif
I'm not jumping on the hating Pete wagon, but i think waiting a month (or possibly more) for someone to even realize i want to cancel my order is a bit much.

Anyone know why he hasn't been on the hide in a while?

Last year I wrote off $1000 USD that I sent to him in 2007 for a scope. Sorry episode and not to be repeated.

Caveat emptor - there's no smoke without fire.

From his website;

My Dear Customers, Friends and Colleagues,

2010 is not a year on which I shall look back with pleasure. In the words of our Queen, it has turned out to be an 'Annus Horribilis'. I expect that I am not alone in thinking it so. Indeed, I suspect that there are very few people or businesses unaffected by this year of worldwide recession and uncertainty. .

No section of the industry or business has all the answers, neither does any have all the right sollutions. I like to think that most people try to do their jobs as best they can, even if the result is not always entirely successful. He who has never failed to reach perfection has a right to be the harshest critic and I my self am my own harshest critic. Here at Roedale we work very very hard to do the best that we can in a very difficult and unreliable Firearms Industry. Logistical and Buroctratic problems are the name of the game and anyone who works in world wide firearms export or import can attest to the pitfals and difficulties associated with procurement of parts, empty wholesalers shelves and just in time manufacture that is actualy never on time.
To say that 2010 has been a trying year on a personal level would be an understatement. The death of my Father in February was a harsch blow and we lost at least 3 months production time due to this family tragedy and the distances involved, my Mother needed care due to her Alzheimers affliction, the only option finaly bieng a care home, so effectively I lost both parents in a short space of time. Just as one was comming to terms with the loss of a loved one and the situation in gerneral, my trusted and loyal hunting dog Meg died, they say in a hunters life he can expect to have one good dog, Meg was that dog, only a dog when all is said and done, but us hunters are very attached to our loyal four legged friends and it was another harsh blow. To top the run of bad luck towards the autumn more upheavel occured within our family and it is safe to say that on a personal level, 2010 was the worst year of my life. Truely 'Annus Horribilis' which undoubtedly affected my performance in business.
At Roedale we strive for perfection, we usualy achieve perfection in our products, something that many many customers can attest to, but sometimes, usualy through no fault of our own, but sometimes due to pressure and workload as well as the fact that we are all only human, we fail when it comes to the customer service.
I hate failure, but when we fail, it is then that we realy appreciate the generosity, understanding and whole-hearted kindness of our customers. Some folk however choose to critisize and bad mouth some businesses without even giving a chance for the problem to be sorted out and there are those who with no reason other than jealousy and own gain seek to damage our good name. There can be no doubt, of course, that positive criticism is good for people and business that it is part of business life. No company whatever - should expect to be free from the scrutiny of those who give it their loyalty and support, not to mention those who don't.

But we are all part of the same brotherhood, we are all Shooters, Hunters and Fireams enthusiasts and that scrutiny, by one part of another, can be just as, or even more effective if it is made with a touch of gentleness, good humour and understanding.

Positive critisism can be an effective engine for change and change in direction is what the year 2011 will all be about for Roedale Precision.
We have set an example of how it is possible to achieve excellence in production, with many many unique, one of a kind Custom Rifles and accessories bieng delivered to overjoyed customers around the world, despite the difficulties involved in getting the parts together to build them and organising the logistics to deliver the finished item. What we are now about in 2011 is setting an example of remaining effective and dynamic, with vastly improved customer service but without losing those indefinable qualities, style and character of the end product that our customers desire.
Five years is only a short time and Roedale Precision has now been in excistence for five years, in firstly a part time and then a full time capacity. I am glad to have had the chance to take part in, and in many ways lead the European Precision Rifle Industry from the front, fielding many innovative designs and products has given me great pleasure. The difficulties in getting parts reliably manufactured, import and export difficulties and the general appathy within the Firearms industry has caused my more than my fair share of belly ache. But always the fighter, the saying " you can't keep a good man down" certainly applies and as 2010 draws to a close I find a renewed vigour and energy and look very much forward to 2011, a year which I am absolutely sure will be a far happier and sucessfull one than 2010. We intend to invest heavily in our new product series in the comming year and by investment i mean, money, ingenuity, energy and passion. 2011 will be a year that the Roedale flag is flown high and we look forward to introducing our loyal customers to our new and exciting products and re-structured methods of operation.
I would like very much to take the oppertunity to thank all our loyal customers for your generous support and understanding through out the very trying times of 2010. Thankyou for your trust, please continue to support us as we support you.
May I wish you all and your families a Very Happy Christmas and a happy, presperouse and healthy New Year.

Pete Lincoln & Team Roedale

http://www.roedale.de/epages/index.htm

I'm waiting since 4 months for a Spuhr mount 345€ no answer at all my emails , will try with a lawyer to have my money back
so Mr Lincoln cut the chat , the time you've waist writing your patter you had time enough to answer to 10 of your wonderful customers
So friends no deal with such persons

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mcgill</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm waiting since 4 months no answer at all my emails , called him this morning and want my money back, should be done within 8 days
so Mr Lincoln cut the chat , the time you've waist writing your patter you had time enough to answer to 10 of your wonderful customers
So friends no deal with such persons </div></div>

McGill, why didnt you just order direct from Spuhr, they shipped a scope mount to Roedale in a week for me, great customer service, great communication, which I have to say, I get from Pete.

He may be slow in answering his messages but he does get round to it. Im still waiting for my new rifle, but I aint sweating, quality takes time and I cant wait to finally get my hands on the new rig but I aint gonna bust his balls by mailing him everyday to see where were at.

Id hate to be in firearms business, sounds like nothing but stress.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jp67</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think we alll understand Pete is honest, straight-forward guy but why say "on the shelf, ready for shipping" if it is not the case. He'de better say "it is gonna take 6 weeks"</div></div>

Well it isn't unusual is it? The custom guys are all a fucking shambles over here. I am amazed they can make a rifle when they can't use a phone.

Not worth the hassle when you can buy quality kit off Sako or AI. They are not going to go away

I 100% agree with this. Don't take peoples hard earned money and use it for cash flow if you cannot deliver the product. I hate when people defend ineptitude or make excuses for being "busy". Being busy is a blessing and assholes that cry about it and rip people off have no business being in business. His dog died? Give me a fucking break! My customers don't give a rats ass about my personal problems. They just want, and deserve, what they paid for. Hang it up Pete and leave it to the professionals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: londonhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW Are you folks suggesting that all those people who has ordered from Roedale are dumb and did not understand what we are signing up for ?

Remember this

I think none of us really mind waiting for a custom rifle as long as we know everything is on course and there are procedures to be followed

</div></div>

[/quote] <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nexusfire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I 100% agree with this. Don't take peoples hard earned money and use it for cash flow if you cannot deliver the product. I hate when people defend ineptitude or make excuses for being "busy". Being busy is a blessing and assholes that cry about it and rip people off have no business being in business. His dog died? Give me a fucking break! My customers don't give a rats ass about my personal problems. They just want, and deserve, what they paid for. Hang it up Pete and leave it to the professionals.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: londonhunter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">WOW Are you folks suggesting that all those people who has ordered from Roedale are dumb and did not understand what we are signing up for ?

Remember this

</div></div></div></div> <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nexusfire</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I 100% agree with this. Don't take peoples hard earned money and use it for cash flow if you cannot deliver the product. I hate when people defend ineptitude or make excuses for being "busy". Being busy is a blessing and assholes that cry about it and rip people off have no business being in business. His dog died? Give me a fucking break! My customers don't give a rats ass about my personal problems. They just want, and deserve, what they paid for. Hang it up Pete and leave it to the professionals.

Remember this

</div></div></div></div>

Yes,..it is a common thread and it seems that the hastily grabbbed cashflow goes into projects that mimic or clone other peoples designs, that are then touted as his own.

Not all custom smiths are like Roedale,..far from it. There are many that offer excellent service without the problems many here have faced.

i went through this myself with him, he tends to suggest delivery schedules he doesn't meet and then compounds the issue by not responding to repeated customers inquiries [leaves you wondering whats up] about status. this was my experience. eventually i got what i ordered, it just took about 4 times longer than he advised at time of order and i could never get a hold of him in the interim to find out status. not bashing, just relating my experience, my suggestion-the next time check out feedback here on s/hide about the vendor before you order. that was the lesson i learned. good luck!

Just came across this thread. I ordered a muzzle brake from rhoedale last year, after not seeing it show up for months I called, emailed, and got no response at all. I ended up calling my CC company to dispute the charge, when they called to tell me the dispute was resolved they said they were never able to contact him and ended up just refunding me the $$. He seems to have some good products, but they aren't worth dick if he doesn't send them to the customers that payed for them. Reading everybody else's horror stories including the other thread about people getting ripped off on their rifle builds, I will consider myself lucky and put rhoedale on my list of vendors not to deal with.

I had a hard year last year. see my own thread on the subject for more details. infact the last 4 years have been hard, ill parents, cancer, alzheimers, wife suffering from effects of bieng sexualy abused as a kid, 2 kids, 2 jobs, business start up etc,
Once again I would like to re assure everyone of my integrity. I went through the hardest time of my life last year when it all came to a peak, thats all. I and we are through the hardest part now. and the light is at the end of the tunnel.

With regards to lost orders, non refunded refunds etc, I can honestly say i was not aware, and that the person running my office failed ( see other thread for reason )
I can only say sorry and that i will sort the situation out and have already made headway in this direction.

anyone waiting on a refund, or a late outstanding order. please email me at [email protected] put snipershide in the heading and I will ensure I will respond and we will clear up any misunderstandings asap.

Londonhunter. I must however make a special point of your posts.
you sir a a dispicable person. you changed your order for your rifle many times, i made every effort to help you out,
you changed the caliber 4 times, the stock type 4 times, and that was after my recieving the barrel blanks and machining the barrels,finaly settling on a Knoxx version of the hogue stock, you wanted this because you didnt want the recoil of the 9.3x62. I made every effort to get a knoxx stock for you but Knoxx did not want to export this stock. Through a friend in the USA we found one on ebay in the USA and it was sent via the back door. Me, my friend nor you having ever seen a knoxx version of the Hogue stock, none of us realised that the stock was actualy only a hogue stock with a mercury recoil reducer inside the buttstock, which had been sold on ebay as a knoxx and was contained in packaging bearing the knoxx logo etc. You insisted you wanted this stock, I explained the only way was to take the one from ebay, you agreed. I finished the rifle. I did not charge you for any extra work and any unnessecary work.
You came to germany to hunt and I traveled 450km to deliver you the rifle to your hunting location. You sir did not have the paperwork and permission in place to take the rifle back to the UK although you said you would bring the papers with you, I stayed all weekend at your hunting location in order to alow you to hunt with the rifle. I provided ammunition for you and your friend. I even lent you my own scope. You had a great weekends hunting killing several game animals. You left without the rifle and I traveled another 450km back home. You where happy with the rifle, more than happy.
You eventualy got a dealer in the UK to send me the required paperwork for the rifle so he could import it as you could not get permission for the rifle from your local police force at that time.
I sent you the rifle, the exact same rifle, and a brand new S&B scope in good faith. you promised me payment and you never did pay, you ripped me off. I have whitnesses to that who include the editor of a UK gun magazine and a fellow hide patron and Forestry Comission game ranger.

I still have not been paid for the ammunition, for the scope or the mounts, you basicaly ripped me off to the tune of 1200-1500€.

sorry for that rant to every one else, just setting the story straight.

like i said, anything outstanding.. [email protected] with snipershide in the heading. lets get this mess sorted out, I didn't cause it, but I'm part of it and unfortunately couldn't avoid it.
I will sort it out and that you can depend on.
Shot happens, fuck ups happen. its what one does to make it right that counts,
so let me know what I don't know and remind me of what i've missed.

Thankyou. Regards. Pete

I almost want to say that even with this statement some people still might not be pleased. Its the world we live in where you cant make everyone happy!

Pete,

i would just concentrate on getting your company back on track, you make some decent stuff but its nothing without keeping customers happy.

Put 2010 behind you and move on.

Also dont trust people to pay you after they have gotten their kit they will try their best not to. - dumb mistake sadly.

I think the best thing you can do is bite off what only you can chew at the moment.

I ordered a RCS II for a T3 Tactical 308 Win Tikks not folding in May 2011 still do not have a precise date of delivery.

Latest email reminder was sent on 22/12/2011 but no answers come.

I have come to despair if I do not have definite answers I will be forced to rivogermi to a lawyer.

Having lived in the UK for 20 years I can understand the difficulty with import/export laws.

What many dont realize is that the export laws that prevent US companies from exporting various items are partly due to the US getting blamed for every bad thing that happens in the modern world (and therefore trying to restrict overseas sale of various "tactical" or military style items) and partly due to "fair" trade laws that are currently destroying US manufacturing.

I had my own business for 7 years in the UK and i can honestly say that while there is plenty of red tape to slow things down there is little excuse for exceeding your own capabilities. If you are low volume stay low volume or communicate more clearly about wait times on larger volume jobs.
In business you cannot let personal issues always be the excuse for delays even if it is relevant. It is not the customers fault and they should not be expected to understand.

When I could not fulfill the volume of work required of me I hired help. It cut into my profits but the increased volume of sales made up for it.... and thus a business grows.
sometimes you just have to say "sorry im swamped, please check back later".
Sorry to seem harsh but business is business. If you drain your customer base of patience you will drain your customer base of customers.

I would like to understand the issues and give time, but I expect clarity, if there are any problems let me know what they are, you continue to give hope and excuses, and while time passes .....

This past year I have ordered the Roedale € for 1600, I received a bipod which I am very pleased.
I would not remove this company from the list of my suppliers, there are many interesting and quality products.

but they are not satisfied with the communication with the customer.

With the arrival of the coating ViperSkyns you made us believe that there are more problems.

From the site of Roedale Precision:

"Stock, compeletly "Made in Germany" RCS II alloy chassis was concieved. Combined with the Victor Company USA Viperskins,
our RCS II stocks deliver unbeatable Ergonomics, Dependability and Performance."

I also ordered a trigger produced in Europe.

From the site of Roedale Precision:

"The trigger is made completely within the EU ( no export problems and time delays from the USA)-Shipping time: 6-8 weeks"

My order is older than 15/10/2011.

Like never not succeeded to having from your supplier a date of the sure delivery?

I realized that there were problems with plastic, but now beginning to have doubts.

The last reply received from Roedale This is:

Date: 2011/12/5

Hallo,

sorry for the delay.
The RCS II Stock will be ready next week and the B n' A triggers are on order, they should be here by now.
I imagine they will arrive sometime this week and that we can deliver both items together.

Ordered mine in August and every time i get told "about a month"

Welcome to the club mate, personally i'd rather they take their time and give me a quality product than to rush my order out the door and force me to send it back to them.

But i do agree they need to get their act together. I think pete bit off a bit more than he could chew with this one.

I have no problem waiting for a reliable and well-made &#8203;&#8203;object, but I would like to know the reasons for the delays, and real dates, are months that I read on the forums always different justifications, in private communications are not always exhaustive, some apologies and assurances optimistic .

Do I have to be fair to say that the products I received are very professional,
I hope to receive soon as my order and to be able to describe the functionality with satisfaction to this great forum.

Hoping that everything will end soon in a positive way for all .....

One of the things I keep noticing in these threads is that folks call his shop and want to speak to him personally.

If he is on the phone all day, then he isn't in the shop putting out product.

If he has not hired someone that can converse with knowledge and answer e-mail, then that is his fault and that should be rectified.
Calls that demand to speak to Pete should have a message taken and Pete should return the call, but not interrupt his work to do so.

Folks that arrange for a build then change their minds after the parts have been ordered should be charged for both the parts used and the parts already delivered.

I have heard nothing but good about his products, I have heard nothing but bad about his business acumen.

this thread piqued my interest a great deal and i recently spent a little time looking into roedale.
If anyone would care to look into this a little you will note that roedale precision had a history of mostly delivering outstanding rifles when they deliver them.
They also have history of unhappy customers all over the world.
2010 may have been a bad year, 2011 was a little rough but what happened in 2007, 2008, and 2009 that led to so many other customers being highly dissatisfied? I did not find much from 2005 or 2006 but customer service seems to have been an issue from almost the very beginning of the company.
If you are in the UK id advise you stick with some of the very highly skilled smiths that are available there.

As far as the guy who bought a rifle and changed his mind it is apparent in petes own reply to that on a british forum that the biggest change he made would only have required that the chamber be re cut to handle the longer round, it was still a 9.3mm and the action would have been the same.
i am unaware of whether the stock was in fact an early knoxx or a knock off from ebay.
I dont see how a rechamber could increase the build time significantly.

I never bothered on the phone, I just have to urge once a month via email after realizing that the assurances received had gone unfulfilled.

I recently started to write more often as it does not even deign to answer.

I do not want to write only negative things in the forum of the few products that have failed to make the biped is truly exceptional.

I hope to receive the stock and the trigger as soon as possible and to be able to describe the characteristics positively here in the forum.

Finally, the stock is coming that, I waited for many months when I'll be able to test it I will know the impressions.

Please do, just start another topic as i'm sure there are plenty of people interested in review and info...