• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Pete Lincoln - Roedale Precision PLEASE READ

Re: Pete Roedale - Roedale Precision PLEASE READ

I ordered an RCS II & RH50 bipod. Roedale website/webshop has shipping lead times on it for various type of parts & builds - weeks to months specified as wait times. I have sent 2 emails to the company to check configuration of stock etc. & have gotten emails in return within 2 hours each time with good information.

quote:
They also have history of unhappy customers all over the world.
2010 may have been a bad year, 2011 was a little rough but what happened in 2007, 2008, and 2009 that led to so many other customers being highly dissatisfied? I did not find much from 2005 or 2006 but customer service seems to have been an issue from almost the very beginning of the company.
If you are in the UK id advise you stick with some of the very highly skilled smiths that are available there.

[/quote]

+1 on the above.

As far i understand the main gripe is up to the point of taking customer money service is quite good but after that it turned out sour for many with more or less public confrontations and explanations. Perhaps things will be better in 2012 and things will go more smoothly...

Very nice easy to install, congratulations I hope that with this product is a new phase of success.
product quality has made me forget the long wait ....

I had originally ordered the RCS 2 a while ago. I asked Pete to make a few changes to the order over that time which he was more than happy to do for me. My plans changed again a week ago and ive decided to build a full custom based on a Stiller Tac30 action. (I was waiting on a Tikka chassis) I sent Pete another email asking if I could change my order to a Remington chassis. He replied within an hour that he was only to happy to help me and thanked me for my patience. Just this morning (Australia time) I got my tracking number. Its on its way ! cant wait to get all the pieces together.

Now pics and review
smile.gif

Being new here, I perhaps didn't perform my due diligence. I recognized the product quality and design and hauled off and ordered 2 brakes. My order and money were accepted immediately on Dec 8th. Communication was quite prompt. I was told the product was in stock at that time. Communication has been spotty to non existent since then. I was told 3 weeks ago they were shipping at that time but have had zero response from 3 email inquiries as to tracking, etc since that notice. I don't care if it takes 6 months as long as I am honestly informed and communicated with when necessary. It doesn't look very good when someone is Johnnie on the spot at first and quickly asks for and processes payment but then afterward makes statements that don't appear to be true and then goes silent. I am not panicked, I just want the straight scoop and ideally I want to receive as promised an apparently very nice product.

Standing by for honest communication.

Gred I am very sorry you feel that you haven't recieved enough attention.
yes both brakes where on shelf when you ordered. normal ship out time is 6-8 weeks or longer on most brakes, but these where on shelf as i told you.
You ordered on 8th Dec.
You recieved automated order reciept,
You then recied a confirmation from Heike in which she informed you that your order had been processed and the payment was recieved by the credit card company ( they pay us 30-60 days later by the way)
I then also on the 9th personaly informed you that your order was recieved and I also told you your export permit would be applied for on monday 12th Dec and that with a little bit of luck we might get it out in time to get it under your Christmas tree.
Your export permit was applied for on the 12th December and your Export permit was recieved back on 19th December. Unfortunately too late to make it for Christmas.
The customs clearance forms where filled out and submitted before Christmas. My staff and the customs staff finished for Christmas on 23rd December, they didnt start back until 4th Jan.
On 5th Jan I updated you saying that as soon as the order had cleared customs it would be shipped.
Last week and the week before Heike needed time off, which left me and Geoff short handed. Geoff only works 4 day weeks and 4hrs a day,and we are, as explained on the webshop site, very busy with the RCS II stocks at the moment. Which is one reason you didnt reciece replies to your emails, the other is that you didnt email the support email, but you emailed the order email addy. usualy only the echo from "confirmation of order" goes in the order email box, as the support is the actual support email.. We do make every effort to reply to emails sent in error to the order addy, but obviously last week we where short a pair of hands.
I also would like to point out that we simply do not have enough staff to be able to give updates every 2 days, especialy when the status has been made clear that it is waiting on customs clearance, I think its reasonable to expect that customers can grasp that the burocracy involved in the international shipping of firearms parts and accessories can and does occasionaly take a few days to clear up.
Anyhow, situation is as last updated, your order will ship just as soon as it clears customs. which i hope will be tommorow or thursday.
I'd like to state that tommorow is exactly 7 weeks since order, and when one considers that the whole of Germany stops for 2 weeks at Christmas just about, and the requirement for export and customs permits does legaly excist, and the stated estimated shipping time on one item was actualy 6 weeks, I realy dont think that you have had any reason to worry or concern.
I do however appologise if you think we haven't taken care of you well enough.

Yes we have had plenty of bad press in the past about our delivery times and customer service.
I've also made it exactly clear why such thigs have happened in the past. Basicaly it comes down to 2 things.
Personal family issues on my side. Its not easy running a business, caring for elderly terminaly ill parent, dealing with a death in the family,caring for alzheimers afflicted parent. A marriage break down and bieng a single father for the first 8 months of last year, not easy is an understatement, going through hell and back would be more an appropriate description.
Whilst i know that personal issues are no concern of customers, and many simply dont give a damn, such things do and will affect every small business run by a family man heading a small team. Priorities have to be set in such cases and something has to give. Whilst i can appologise to my customers, and i wholeheartedly do, i don't have to appologise to my family, as i put them first, and would always put them first every time. I think that fact is a confirmation of my charachter and not a failing.
The second reason we have had problems is the absolute difficulty it has proven to be to get reliable supply of quality components. My very first action manufacturer was situated in Norway, great product. One person fell ill in the company and the delivery time went from an ok 6 months to 2 years. Next i treid to get a reliable supply of actions from the USA. Despite several promises from several well know action makers, nothing much ever materialised and the last US action manufacturer we treid to deal with delivered quality that slipped as time went on. cases of the same problem are well documented on here and we werent the only ones who suffered through the break down of one particular action manufacturer. Then we treid to get actions mad ein Germany, now you'd think that with the good reputation German engineering hast, that would be an easy thing to do. No.. definately not, we wasted nearly 3 years getting messed about by 2 action manufacturers, who, at the end of the day delivered junk, they delivered it late and they delivered it expensive and they delivered it below my quality standards.
Those examples can be used for almost any part that we treid to get a hold of to either use in rifle manufacture or for resale. Thats the reason we have spent so much money and so much effort on getting parts made here in Europe by a small group of capable, honorable companies. But sorting the good from the bad has been a process of elimination that has taken time and patience.

Finaly after a couple or three of very hard years the personal side of me is happy and contented and back up to full steam. and the sub contractors we now have working for us are excellent and our products are comming out is a steady stream of quality.

Certain people. and i make special reference to the likes of <span style="font-weight: bold">emouse</span> here, him and a few others, who bieng in the trade and hiding behind forum pseudonyms have everything to gain by taking every available oppertunity to slander my name, they would like to see me disapear from the european gun trade. I feel that such personal attacks amount to internet mobbing and slander and perpetrators of such should be ashamed of them selves.

I am always the first to admit we could have done better in the past and need to do better in the future. Ive stated the reasons why we didnt and ive said sorry.
I do however think that despite the setbacks over the last few years, Roedale Precision has achieved a hell of a lot more than most, one only has to look at our product range to see that, and we probably have more satisfied customers than many of our industry colleagues. It is impossible however to keep all of the people happy all of the time. Customer mentality plays the biggest role in that factor. It is absolutely typical to sell the same item to 2 customers for the same price on the same day. provide occasional updates, get the product out in around the stated time. 1 customer will be happy as larry, the 2nd will start moaning 3 days after submitting the order. I am am sure any of you who are in the retail or customer sevice trade can relate to that statement.

I think however from some of the posts above, it is clear that we are making every effort to improve communication and customer service. We have a way to go yet, but we are working on it and working hard on it.
Please dont expect this to happen over night,and please dont expect to be bombarded with yes sir no sir and pointless updates, we are a small team and we do do our best and our best will improve as we go along. Please however do put your trust in us. We may occasionaly take a whole to deliver, but i am firmly of the oppinion that the waiting will have been worthwhile when your package arrives at your door.

sorry for the length, but some things need setting straight occasionaly, and if our news-status updates on the website and webshop dont get read then the info needs disceminating to where the questions are arising.

Best regards to most of you. Pete

Re: eye candy for you RCS II customers

Excellent!

I am very happy and appreciative to hear from Pete.

Full disclosure - he sent me this personally in an e-mail an hour and a half before he posted it here.

Standing by for the most excellent product to clear customs, be shipped and arrive here.

I mean this sincerely - excited about the product.

I tried the stock RCSII Viper, mounted on Tilkka 308Win Tac. is perfect you can hardly feel the recoil of the shot to the stability offered by the bipod RH50 FT / R. I waited so long but I am very satisfied.

TiccaT3_308. I am glad you are happy with the end result. Replacing the unreliable-lacking supply through which we suffered so much has been a long and arduouse process. Getting our own products on the market has been a far more mamouth task that I ever imagined. Still, we are now making headway, we are by no means anywhere near where I want to be, but with continued support from customers like your self, who bring patience and technical understanding and are willing to wait for a product they know will be what they require, we will achieve all our goals.
Thankyou for your support.

Pete