• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Pheasant Hunting recommendations.

rcr

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 15, 2008
Seattle
www.esurgeon.com
Any recommendations of pheasant hunting outfits in the Dakotas, Montana or Kansas would be appreciated. Personal experience with the lodges is preferred.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Pheasant Hunting recommendations.

North Country Lodge in Medina North Dakota.

First class all the way! You wont be dissapointed!

Horshoe K in Kimball SD Great people, great food and acomodations, and so many birds we were hittin them on the road(by accident
eek.gif
)

Medicine Lake, Montana....Drive there, get a motel and hunt DIY on thousands of acres of block management(private land open for public hunting) Wild birds and lots of them....

PGS,

Is there any tricks to the block management land? Do you have to notify the farmers or anything or is it really as easy as just show up, look for the block management marker and start hunting.

Rick

Just show up, sign in and go. A block management brochure is available upon request from Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks.

Look at: fwp.mt.gov

There are NO pheasants in KS! I would go somewhere else.;)

No dogs...I have enough trouble trying to raise two little boys..I'm not sure I should be trusted with dogs!!

PGS..do you guide bird hunts too or just big game?

Engine22...I hear ya. Any suggestions for Kansas?

KS has a good bit (understatement) of privately owned land that is leased by the state and is open to public hunting. It's called WHIA (Walk In Hunting Areas). Atlases of these areas are available from Kansas Wildlife and Parks for free. There are a couple of different types of this land- some are open early for doves season, some not, some are open for turkey- others not. The atlas spells all this out.
It's too early to tell where the better areas of the state are going to be, spring storms and such can really affect this. The KDWP does an outlook report for the state sometime later in the year, possibly around mid Sept. and it can be found on their website.
I would concentrate on the western half of the state for starters.