• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Phoenix Custom Rifles lead times and services

Re: Phoenix Custom Rifles lead times and services

Will do. Its coming along nicely. I just keep adding and sanding. Adding and sanding.

We'll be offering them as a service. But it will be pricey. It's probably more a DIY project for people that dont mind it just being the color of bedding agent.

I use Devcon as a bulk filler, to get a general size and shape. then I rasp/sand it down to put on some of the 30 colors of epoxy Mcmillan uses (I this case Gray, light Gray, Dark Gray, and Black), to start getting some of the more detailed shape and color. Then there's a few more smaller applications of colored epoxy and a bunch more sanding.

Not sure if camo pattern or marble is easier to match. Marble has so much goin on I can trick the eye. Camo is simpler and would have to color match perfectly and match the rest of the stocks patterns pretty damn close.

For those that really want it done, I'd be offering a smaller and larger grip. They are made to be ambidextrous.
The price is undecided but would be around $160.

I'll post more pics of this one when its done.

Thanks for the interest.

And the next one, before Cerakote.

Its a 243 Target Rifle.

photo-152.jpg

photo-153.jpg

I only fired 4 rounds from this rifle. One to sight in, and then these 3.
No break-in procedure. Im being shown strong evidence it doesn't matter. Rifles seem to shoot 1/2MOA(or less) just as easily <span style="font-style: italic">with</span> or <span style="font-style: italic">without</span> break in.

A 308 I built on a Defiance action for Kings Arsenal was just finished.
The owner of Kings Arsenal has their own actions made by Defiance, and he is having us build his custom bolt guns.

Here is an example:

20111114_0928.jpg

20111114_0950.jpg

20111114_0973.jpg

Can you final fit a barreled action to a Boyds laminate stock and pillar bed it? Is that something you offer? thx

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keith at PCR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A 308 I just built on a Defiance action for Kings Arsenal was just finished.
The owner of Kings Arsenal has their own actions made by Defiance, and he is having us build his custom bolt guns.

Here is an example:

20111114_0928.jpg

20111114_0950.jpg

20111114_0973.jpg
</div></div>

Looks so awesome!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keith at PCR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">18E yes we can.
Wood stock work you'll have to speak with Brad about. 480-747-0528

Thanks Drew! </div></div>

Appreciate the contact info. I have a 375 chatfield-taylor due back from Pac Nor in about 16 weeks that will need to be fitted.

Awesome . Pcr did an amazing job on the rifle! It's truly a peice of art and we have many more to come. We are very fortunate working with pcr on the bolt stuff. The semi stuff is our bread n butter.
JBP_6768.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keith at PCR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A 308 I built on a Defiance action for Kings Arsenal was just finished.

Here is an example:

20111114_0928.jpg

20111114_0950.jpg

20111114_0973.jpg
</div></div>

Hey, I just had a couple of questions for you.

I know you primarily deal in long gun work however I was looking for someone to duracoat a 1911 and was wondering if you would do work like that. You mention cerakoting so you probably don't carry duracoat.

If yes: what would be the price of doing a 2 color duracoat on the handgun if I supplied the duracoat (I'm assuming you don't carry it), also would the turnaround time still be 2 weeks?

I'm up in surprise but you're the only smiths I've seen with a strong internet presence and word of mouth means a lot to me so I'd rather travel to you guys for work.

Here's how the quick detach mounts to the rifle.

photo-159.jpg

photo-160.jpg

Took a steel bar, turned the OD of one end 3/4"x16tpi, drilled the center and tapped it 1/4"x20tpi. Cut off the end, then epoxied it into the center of my stock with Ti Devcon. Found center by edge finding in a mill, then plunged in .450" with a 3/4" end mill.
You could also knurl the outside rather than thread it. Threading was just easier for me.
I also roughed up the 3/4" hole in the stock with a Dremel. I made the hole an upside-down mushroom shape, so it formed a mechanical lock.

Thank for viewing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keith at PCR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">1 month turn around on full builds right now guys.

Thanks </div></div>

WOW....Thats awesome

Shoots half MOA with Hornady factory ammo.

I havent shot it much at paper. Been practicing for matches doing positional shooting.

Yes one month turn around when we have all parts in hand.

We're pretty damn caught up right now.

Got my bolt bsck with it's new knob. Looks just great! Turn around time was fabulous! Left my mailbox on Friday and it was back to me the following Friday. You just can't ask for better then that!!!
I'm now saving for my first custom build and I have to have it done at PCR!

Just had my AICS re-bedded by PCR. They removed the old bedding at NO additional charge, then re-bedded with Devcon Ti. Turn around was no more than 2 weeks back in my hands.

Thanks guys.

Hey Keith

What muzzle break is that on that sweet looking 6.5 CM rifle?

Just finished...

photo-188.jpg

photo-189.jpg

photo-187.jpg

photo-186.jpg

photo-185.jpg

photo-184.jpg

We're finishing about one rifle a week right now. We don't always post pics because we're very busy.
Customers are always welcome to post pics, we appreciate it.

<span style="color: #3333FF"><span style="font-weight: bold">Update on barrels in stock:
We are trying to keep M24(#7, or M40) contour barrels in stock.
We prefer cut rifled, 5R, SS barrels. We do sometimes stock high quality button pulled barrels and no matter what, our rifles come with a half MOA accuracy guarantee with match ammo.</span></span>

Thanks everyone!

That's my 6.5 creedmoor that keith posted photos of and it has the JP muzzle brake.

Thanks Keith, for posting the photos and thanks again for the awesome work you guys did building it. this thing is a real tack driver.

I will be using you guys agian in the very near future just getting all the bits together.

Still thinking about doing the 7mm creedmoor

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tomg</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's my 6.5 creedmoor that keith posted photos of and it has the JP muzzle brake.

Thanks Keith, for posting the photos and thanks again for the awesome work you guys did building it. this thing is a real tack driver.

I will be using you guys again in the very near future just getting all the bits together.

Still thinking about doing the 7mm creedmoor </div></div>

Thanks for the info Tomg......I will look them up. I too just received my rifle from Keith and Brad at PCR. They did a great job. I will certainly use them in the future for more work! Here are some pictures of mine (before & after):

Infidel_0058-1.jpg

Infidel_0070.jpg

GTgunner,

I guess I should have been more specific the muzzle brake is made by JP Enterprises. If your not familar with them they make killer AR's

Thanks for the info Tomg. I spent some time on the JP-E website last night. Want to get a similar brake to yours. Added them to my favorites.....I'll place an order in the next couple of weeks once I figure out what I want.

Here's an LTR that got a make-over.

Trued the receiver face and lugs, and trued the bolt lugs.

Set the barrel back and used an oversized lug from PTG.

Opened the base holes to 8-40, installed a Varminter knob, shroud mod, threaded muzzle with cap, bedded it, and Cerakoted it Olive Drab with some black parts for contrast.

photo-191.jpg

photo-192.jpg

photo-190.jpg

photo-194.jpg

photo-193.jpg

photo-195.jpg

photo-196.jpg

photo-197.jpg

Here are a few more pics of projects just finished up...

300WM on a Defiance action, with a Rock barrel and Badger FTE brake. AICS skins are being dipped.
photo-199.jpg

photo-206.jpg

photo-203.jpg

7-08 on a Defiance action Mcmillan stock, PTG bottom metal, and Rock barrel. Very nice rifle...
photo-198.jpg

photo-204.jpg

photo-205.jpg

photo-207.jpg

Thread protector ready for the flatts to be milled...
photo-200.jpg

photo-202.jpg

photo-201.jpg

Nice work I like the thread protector can't even see the seam.

We're about 2 months out on full rifle builds right now guys. That includes Cerakote time.

Rifles not getting cerakote will go out slightly faster.

Work "other" than complete builds takes 2-5 weeks.

Bolt work(knobs, handle reinforcements, shroud mods) take about 3 days in shop. 5 days if the whole bolt is getting Cerakoted.

We're working real hard to keep turn around time down for ya.

Thanks guys!

7Rem Mag recently finished
photo-237.jpg

photo-236.jpg

photo-234.jpg

We're busy working every day guys. We're about 3 months out on full builds including truing and Cerakote, and we're about 1 month out on misc work.
Bolt knobs always get done within 3 days. Bedding is usually about 1 week.

Call anytime Monday through Friday, 10am-5pm

Thanks everyone!

Brad and Keith are top notch. Customer support is second to none. Thanks for the build!

IMAG0198.jpg

4 shot group @ 200 yds
IMAG0205.jpg

IMAG0214.jpg

Thanks guys!!

Here's one group from my 6.5Creedmoor yesterday. Shot a rapid fire 10 shot group that was about 3/4".
Then slow fired this....
photo-238.jpg

Pulled one left. Factory ammo btw.

<span style="color: #000099">The Creedmoor is a GREAT round. I expect less than 1/2moa from them.</span>

<span style="font-weight: bold">We're about 2 months out on full rifle builds right now.</span> Barreled actions going out with no stock work, trigger work, or Cerakote can be done in a couple weeks.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Cerakoting of barreled actions takes about 3 weeks.</span> We're working on our entire Cerakote set-up right now. Getting a very nice oven, a couple dip tanks, and doubling the size of the Cerakote room. Using C and H series Cerakote.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Bedding takes about one week.</span> We've been bedding stocks for Mcmillan since they're so backed up right now. Using the steel and Titanium Devcon. Just depends on which we prefer for the stock type. Chassis get Ti exclusively.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Bolt knob installs take about 3 days right now.</span> Remingtons are $90. Savages, Howas, and FN/winchesters are $110.

just got a bolt knob install done. Quick, Painless and looks great.

Highly recommend these guys.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poopsicle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just got a bolt knob install done. Quick, Painless and looks great.

Highly recommend these guys. </div></div>

Thanks a bunch!

<span style="color: #000099">
<span style="font-weight: bold">Turn around times:</span>

Full builds getting Cerakote and everything are less than 3 months right now.

We can put barreled action together(not getting Cerakote or being bedded to a stock) in 3 to 4 weeks.

Muzzle brakes, Cerakote, and other misc. work is 2 to 3 weeks.

Bedding and DBM inletting we get done within 1 to 2 weeks. We bed some stocks for Mcmillan since they're so backed up. We make a point to keep bedding times down to a week or so.

Bolt knob installs are 2-4 days.</span>

Thanks SO much everyone!

Keith and Brad Johns, Phoenix Custom Rifles

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Keith at PCR</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Phoenix knob on a 5R...
photo-244.jpg
</div></div>

I'm pretty sure that is my bolt. Anyway, as everyone can see it looks great. Nice, fast turn around time and couldn't be happier with how it turned out.

Thanks again Keith.

Ryan

We're getting more and more backed up by the weeks guys. Wouldnt be surprised if we are 5-6 months like everyone else by beginning of 2013.

Thanks for all the support guys/gals!

Guys please remember to always clean your rifle when ya first get it from us. Dont take it straight to the range. Juust in case... look it over and run a tight couple patches through the bore. Mop out the chamber.
Brake in the barrel for the first 10 rounds or so if you feel like it. We honestly haven't found it to matter a whole lot with these premium barrels.