• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Photonis Echo vs OMNI 7/8

I guess I should update my own thread. I was able to stumble upon an Elbit thin-film WP PVS-14 with pretty nice specs for $3,100 with only a 4 week wait time. I had planned on going with TNVC, but the wait time is ultimately what made me check my other options before going with them. I”m sure I would have been just fine with the Photonis Echo, but I think the slightly better low light performance will be useful in my super rural area where there’s more corn fields than houses. Now I’m saving up for a COTI.

Reactions: WhereNow&How
he dropped it.
the end.
/
:cry:

So tell me a horrid death story.

Spare me no details. What happened.
[/QUOTE]

As Felipe said...

I wish I could say it died in an epic gun battle against coyotes.... but coyotes dont shoot back.

It died due to mere negligence and lack of following procedures of fastening it to helmet and attaching the safety chord whilst showing my brother what it was like that I had nightvision and he did not.. It fell lens first onto tile and put a big black spot in the middle of the tube. Its still useable but was a pita.... So I made it into Eliteusa group buy within 2 hours of him closing it..Performed heart sugery 2 weeks later and now I have a WP tube...I have concluded that the good lord wanted me to have a wp as I am extremely happy with it..

Reactions: Jgunner
Like this.

Go to 30 seconds in and watch. This is some funny shit.

Look at the expression on his co-workers face. Priceless.

Here is the guy who makes the NERD (drops NOD starting at 2.10) He hit the wrong button. No lanyard on his NODs. :LOL:

I was #2... except a lot more crying when I looked thru it and saw the dark spot...

So tell me a horrid death story.

Spare me no details. What happened.

As Felipe said...

I wish I could say it died in an epic gun battle against coyotes.... but coyotes dont shoot back.

It died due to mere negligence and lack of following procedures of fastening it to helmet and attaching the safety chord whilst showing my brother what it was like that I had nightvision and he did not.. It fell lens first onto tile and put a big black spot in the middle of the tube. Its still useable but was a pita.... So I made it into Eliteusa group buy within 2 hours of him closing it..Performed heart sugery 2 weeks later and now I have a WP tube...I have concluded that the good lord wanted me to have a wp as I am extremely happy with it..
[/QUOTE]

Sorry for your loss. I am anal retentive about putting lanyards on as soon as I snap NODS into a mount.

Here is a funny story with a better ending. So me and 2 of my close hunting buds were out shooting hogs. Spotted a sounder way off and were verifying they were indeed hogs. Using magnifiers and Luna's to get PID.

So we standing in the middle of a freshly plowed field and all of a sudden I hear a dull "thump". It was pitch black and quite as a church mouse in that field. So I ask my buddy. Man, what was that. "It was one of my 14's." I'm like "dooooo what". "One of my 14's". I'm like "dude, you didn't have it lanyard on like I taught you". He's like, "man I forgot". So he digs it out of the furrow and it is caked in loose moist dirt. He scrubs it off and low and behold no damage to anything other than needed a good cleaning.

It was one of those moments you had to be there. Me and other buddy still laugh our ass off about that and nicknamed him "Drop-A-NOD"

Reactions: Jgunner