• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Picked up a Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD....

3one5

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jul 13, 2002
CO Front Range
and would now like to pick up a decent stock. It seems to be its biggest downfall. Today I was eyeballing the AICS stocks but I've got 5 little shooters to raise so I need to be a little more reasonable. I was thinking of picking up a police take off stock. Is there anything wrong with this stock? I know some don't like the palm swell but I actually kind of like it. What should I expect to pay for one?

Re: Picked up a Remington 700 SPS Tactical AAC-SD....

Depends on it's condition. I've seen them range from $175 to $250ish.

If there was only a little thing called Google or a search function.... But neither have been invented yet so I dont know

what is a police take off stock? sounds like ya might need a police take off condom, jus sayin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If there was only a little thing called Google or a search function.... But neither have been invented yet so I dont know </div></div>

Your personal experience with that stock can be found in a google search? I've been close to finding the end of the Internet a couple times but haven't seen it. Can you help me out a little?
grin.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what is a police take off stock? sounds like ya might need a police take off condom, jus sayin </div></div>

Sorry, wasn't real sure what to call it. I've heard that stocks off the 700P rifles are fairly easy to come by.

if you talkin about the HS precision stock then yes, I very much like them, i got big dick beaters so the swell is kinda good for my hand, some dont prefer it though, some dont like the aluminum bedding block as well but Its been a great stock for me

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here you go...took me all about 5 seconds to come up with:

http://www.google.com/cse?cx=010955...?cx=010955838166721108978%3Aqcbx5qqy10o&hl=en

</div></div>

In such a rush that you couldn't make the link hot for me? Thanks for the time you did take.

$250 bucks... I liked the two I had for hunting

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: VAJayJayPunisher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if you talkin about the HS precision stock then yes, I very much like them, i got big dick beaters so the swell is kinda good for my hand, some dont prefer it though, some dont like the aluminum bedding block as well but Its been a great stock for me </div></div>

That's the one. What is it that some dont like about the Aluminum bedding block? For whatever reason I was thinking an aluminum bedding block was something the higher end stocks all had.

Yes the hogue stock isn't the best (OK it's almost the worst). Buy a stock pack for it. Go shoot it. Bug the guy next to you at the range and check out their stock. I've never had anyone be rude in any way if I ask nice. The internet can't help you decide what stock feels good to you.

Congrats on the new rifle. I actually recently purchased the same one. I put a McMillan A5 on it and I am extremely happy with it. Good luck.

on the other hand, bell and carlson makes some pretty nice stocks, for about the same price as the 700P take off stock.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: StanwoodSpartan</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If there was only a little thing called Google or a search function.... But neither have been invented yet so I dont know </div></div>

Almost 1100 post in less than a year!! Maybe someone else should start using Google..Douche

Damn...The dude wants opinions...If you dont wanna share yours the FUCK OFF and stop being an ASS.

Back to the subject...The "Police Takeoffs" are good stocks. I was looking to buy one but found a 5R stock at a good price so I went with that. Might actually be the exact same stock, but I'm not sure(Didnt do any comparison).

I think If you can wait and save, your only looking at 800 bucks for a pimped out XLR. The money you save not buying a police stock is a good jump for a XLR. Oh pay no mind to StandwoodSpartan, so people show up here and just wanna be keyboard tough guys!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Kahlendrrari</div><div class="ubbcode-body">on the other hand, bell and carlson makes some pretty nice stocks, for about the same price as the 700P take off stock. </div></div>

Hell yeah buddy, my Rem XCR's stock is awesome!

The B&C has been great for me. i first had a rem varmint in it. now an aac-sd. Would like to handle their m40 style but i wouldn't hesitate to get another B&C like my current and will.
IMG_20110513_180328.jpg

these targets are shots 4-14 through the aac-sd set up.
IMG_20110328_170012.jpg

yes 4-14 is 11. there are 6 shots here. i screwed number 5 and just had to try one more
IMG_20110328_170805.jpg

Is the web patterns on the bell and carlson painted on or is it molded in?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glazer1972</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the web patterns on the bell and carlson painted on or is it molded in? </div></div>

They are Painted.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 10Truck</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glazer1972</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Is the web patterns on the bell and carlson painted on or is it molded in? </div></div>

They are Painted. </div></div>

Thanks.

If you'd have said something a week ago i'd have let you check out my PSS stock in person, but I just sold it. Sounds like you are in my AO or very near it.

I've had several of the HS stocks, w/ and w/o the palm swells, and I prefer them WITH. The aluminum block is very nice, and though some choose to skim bed it (i've had both), I really feel it is unnecessary.

I am getting to the point I prefer the a-5 style vertical grip, but I will probably always own at least one HS.

I've got an AAC coming in very soon from another HIDE member, and i'm very anxious to get it. I'm in the same boat as you basically, i'm not going to keep it in the hogue. I wish they would just offer it with the HS for a little more money right off the bat. I'll probably just pony up for an A5.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you'd have said something a week ago i'd have let you check out my PSS stock in person, but I just sold it. Sounds like you are in my AO or very near it.

I've had several of the HS stocks, w/ and w/o the palm swells, and I prefer them WITH. The aluminum block is very nice, and though some choose to skim bed it (i've had both), I really feel it is unnecessary.

I am getting to the point I prefer the a-5 style vertical grip, but I will probably always own at least one HS.

I've got an AAC coming in very soon from another HIDE member, and i'm very anxious to get it. I'm in the same boat as you basically, i'm not going to keep it in the hogue. I wish they would just offer it with the HS for a little more money right off the bat. I'll probably just pony up for an A5. </div></div>

We are close. I used to live in Cheyenne but I moved just north of Greeley about three months back.

That's for all the opinions. I've been digging all over for info trying to make up my mind on what to get. I forgot that I have a recruitment bonus coming in a couple months so I'm seriously thinking about an AICS 1.5. It's far more than I'm looking to spend but it's what I really want. I have time to to decide so we will see what happens.

My first replacement stock was a B&C Light Tactical. It worked just fine, but when I had the rifle rebuilt I took the oportunity to go with a HS stock off a 5R and I have to say that it seems like a much nicer stock to me. Both feel, and fit and finish seem much better with the HS. I also like the ergonomics of the grip area MUCH better on the HS stock.

In the end though, it's all personal preference. Get what feels good to you.

I'm not a thumbhole fan, the AICS is an acquired taste. It's nice gear, just a different flavor. Oh, and it's HEAVY (imho).