• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Picked up a Tactical Solutions AR upper!

Mr.Maim

Minuteman
Nov 6, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
Well, I have been looking at getting into shooting .22LR for quite some time but was reluctant to do so after buying a Remington 597 and absolutely hating that rifle (constant jams and FTEs, crappy magazines, cheap feeling rifle). I've been looking at Ruger 10/22s for a long time but I really am into the AR-15 platform over bolt action. Large gun show in Phoenix this weekend had a bunch of vendors at the Small Arms Review show and there was Black Dog Machine! Talked with owner Kevin Rich for a bit and walked away some $$$ lighter but with a new Tactical Solutions AR-22 LT (flattop) conversion kit, a bunch of magazines, and a big grin on my face.
wink.gif

I have a lower receiver with a lousy trigger I'm putting it on. I'll replace that with a Geissele SSA-E. I'm sure I'll have some more questions once I've gone out and shot it. Hopefully this'll turn my previous experience with .22s around.

<span style="font-weight: bold">One quick question: for shooting paper 50-150 yards, is a fixed-power scope the way to go (10X) or a variable and how high magnification is overkill for this configuration?</span>

Re: Picked up a Tactical Solutions AR upper!

Personally I don't like fixed scopes!! There is alot of guys that run some higher power scopes on 22 lr.

Re: Picked up a Tactical Solutions AR upper!

i like the bushnell elite 10x i use it on my b/a rimfire