• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Pics out of or from your blind or stand.

A few different spots I have sat for deer this year.
IMG_1615 (1).JPG
XDOQ3596.JPG
ELKF1078.JPG
IMG_1335.JPG

Let me tell you a story about the three little corn stealing raccoons….. They would take turns climbing up and spinning out the corn.
Robbery stopped in progress…. 300BO with REAP-IR from a ground blind, 90 yards….. View attachment 7763413
Honest question, how good are racoons to eat? I ask because my friend, John (RIP), would hunt most anything and he would can squirrel meat, take his share of whitetail doe on his aunt's property, even though he had a lifetime hunting license. He and his cousin got a feral hog one time and I smoked it on my charcoal grill with logs of mesquite wood (mesquite trees grow like weeds where I live.)

I consider myself a bit of a gourmand of the game meats. Heck, I eat the heart and liver of turkeys and chickens. And I have eaten menudo with my mexican colleagues in my work world. And I still want to try haggis, some day.

Honest question, how good are racoons to eat? I ask because my friend, John (RIP), would hunt most anything and he would can squirrel meat, take his share of whitetail doe on his aunt's property, even though he had a lifetime hunting license. He and his cousin got a feral hog one time and I smoked it on my charcoal grill with logs of mesquite wood (mesquite trees grow like weeds where I live.)

I consider myself a bit of a gourmand of the game meats. Heck, I eat the heart and liver of turkeys and chickens. And I have eaten menudo with my mexican colleagues in my work world. And I still want to try haggis, some day.
I wouldn’t and never had raccoon. Some say it’s ok. They are invasive species here and they along with coyotes and pigs estroy our turkey population….. They along with coyotes get shot on site.

Reactions: nikonNUT and Ronws

Coons are good eating. But it's an acquired taste.
Just be sure to cook it well done as they, like bears and some other wild crittets, can carry numerous parasites that can infect humans.
I parboil mine on medium-low until the meat is falling off the bone with vinegar, salt and red pepper.
When it's done drain immediately, never let it cool off in the water.
Next I spread the pieces out in a baking pan and add vinegar based bbq sauce and top with sliced onions then broil it in the oven or put it on the grill until the sauce is glazed and the onion slices about done.
Fox, Bobcat, Armadillo, Beaver and bbq'd rattlesnake is pretty good eating too.

Shore 'nuff honest to goodness real Scottish haggis is on my list of things to try too.

Reactions: Ronws
@AXEFORCE6. Is that the RS.4 or RS.5 scope? How do you like it?

Pros and Cons?
It's the RS.4. I'm very fond of it. I own several high end scopes that I can compare it to. Zeiss V6 5x30 and some NX8's 4x32 and the 2x20. As far as glass I feel it's better than my nightforce and just a tad behind the zeiss. The turrets are great and easy to reset, toolless reset actually. They are a very mechanical feel, not spongy like some of the other scopes I've tried. The zoom ring and parallax is very stiff. I'll be adding a throw lever on it for sure. The scope at full zoom is a little grayer/shadow but nothing terrible. It is on the heavy side at 35oz. Light transmission is excellent at dusk.

The bundle is on sale until 12/30

Reactions: WB300
Prob not what you had in mind, but goose pit on MD's eastern shore. Sucks now...bag is one bird/man, season cut way back, and very few birds.

1639851629983.jpeg

Reactions: crackerbrown
Coons are good eating. But it's an acquired taste.
Just be sure to cook it well done as they, like bears and some other wild crittets, can carry numerous parasites that can infect humans.
I parboil mine on medium-low until the meat is falling off the bone with vinegar, salt and red pepper.
When it's done drain immediately, never let it cool off in the water.
Next I spread the pieces out in a baking pan and add vinegar based bbq sauce and top with sliced onions then broil it in the oven or put it on the grill until the sauce is glazed and the onion slices about done.
Fox, Bobcat, Armadillo, Beaver and bbq'd rattlesnake is pretty good eating too.

Shore 'nuff honest to goodness real Scottish haggis is on my list of things to try too.
And now I am really hungry, dang it. I went hunting this morning and got nothing but a runny nose and exercise.

Various locations I have stalked and set at in the Caddo (pronounced locally as kay-dough) National Grasslands WMA. Specifically, the Bois D'Arc area (pronounced locally as bow - dark. Bow as in bow tie or bow and arrow.) 901 N, which has a few different sections. I have not yet hunted the Ladonia section (901 S.) This season, I have seen feral hog sign and also deer sign in the southern part of the big section north of fm 409. When I say fresh sign, I mean still moist deer raisins near an oak tree with a king's feast of acorns on the ground. That would be the first pic. The other pics are from the northern most sector, which I went to on Thursday. The wind was out of the south and you always want to hunt with your nose to the wind.

Attachments

• Bois Darc Christmas week 2021 (1).jpg
    Bois Darc Christmas week 2021 (1).jpg
    438.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Bois Darc Christmas week 2021 (2).jpg
    Bois Darc Christmas week 2021 (2).jpg
    28.6 KB · Views: 77
  • Bois Darc Christmas week 2021 (3).jpg
    Bois Darc Christmas week 2021 (3).jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 78
  • Bois Darc Christmas week 2021 (4).jpg
    Bois Darc Christmas week 2021 (4).jpg
    713.9 KB · Views: 79
I was having serious back issues and was resigned to going right out behind the cabin. After a while I stopped even doing that because I knew I wouldn't be able to drag anything if I shot it. Gun season kind of sucked.

3330C529-517B-4413-A6B9-FADF31E799E5.jpeg

Reactions: crackerbrown
Note to self: Remember to close AND latch the stand door between uses.

I once climbed into a buddy’s elevated box blind in the pre-dawn hours, which had a completely vertical ladder beneath the blind leading to a hole in the floor (cramped space for the blind made bottom access necessary). The access hatch had been left open, and I came face to face with a veritable herd of adult raccoons. Nearly fell off the ladder.

Nice. One time, a friend got a hog and gave it to me and I smoked it with mesquite wood. Delicious.

I took a little cousin out for a few hours of calling. I usually don’t waste my time on full moons nights but I am glad he begged to go. We had 7 down by 11pm and decided to call it night so we get up and fish in the morning. The super hogsters have been a game changer for me after switching away from the halo lr
What is a Super Hogster?????

Bear Camp

Attachments

• Bear Tracks on the creek next to camp.jpg
    Bear Tracks on the creek next to camp.jpg
    434.5 KB · Views: 67
  • Nice ridge a 5x6 crossed.jpg
    Nice ridge a 5x6 crossed.jpg
    462.8 KB · Views: 68
  • Moose.jpg
    Moose.jpg
    624 KB · Views: 68
  • Camp.jpg
    Camp.jpg
    345.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Vernal1.jpg
    Vernal1.jpg
    485.5 KB · Views: 66
  • Vernal2.jpg
    Vernal2.jpg
    630.9 KB · Views: 64
  • vernal3.jpg
    vernal3.jpg
    671.1 KB · Views: 69
  • Gull 1.jpg
    Gull 1.jpg
    803.4 KB · Views: 71
  • Gull 2.jpg
    Gull 2.jpg
    727.8 KB · Views: 72
  • Gull 4.jpg
    Gull 4.jpg
    346.6 KB · Views: 70
This is my portable blind/turkey crawler. I got my little boy the new Remington 870FP (Fisher Price). If they try to get away just crank it up and chase em down. Works every time. Without fail.

Attachments

• 58A1B642-E044-4544-8AE6-F81A32751A57.jpeg
    58A1B642-E044-4544-8AE6-F81A32751A57.jpeg
    1,005.8 KB · Views: 73
  • 3E8BF46B-76CE-4A1B-A1F4-46EA75A284C3.jpeg
    3E8BF46B-76CE-4A1B-A1F4-46EA75A284C3.jpeg
    950.6 KB · Views: 69
  • 09098B71-FE6B-449C-B58F-3AAB722D1058.jpeg
    09098B71-FE6B-449C-B58F-3AAB722D1058.jpeg
    700.8 KB · Views: 61
Reactions: 346ci and 260284