• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pictures from a recent Magpul Dynamics Carbine 1 &

Re: Pictures from a recent Magpul Dynamics Carbine 1 &

IMG_2439001_copy.jpg

IMG_2440001_copy.jpg

IMG_2441001_copy.jpg

IMG_2442001_copy.jpg

IMG_2443001_copy.jpg

IMG_2445001_copy.jpg

DZhitshard shooting under a barricade:
IMG_2452001_copy.jpg

IMG_2453001_copy.jpg

IMG_2458001_copy.jpg

low drag shooting under the trailer (small window of opportunity can be seen in earlier pics):
IMG_2459001_copy.jpg

Student shooting around a barricade:
IMG_2461001_copy.jpg

IMG_2462001_copy.jpg

Travis' BCM 14.5" mid-length carbine. This is how most of the guns looked after a few days of shooting. The dirt is about the consistancy of talcum powder, and when shooting from the prone positions, this fine dirt finds it's way into EVERYTHING:

IMG_2463001_copy.jpg

IMG_2464001_copy.jpg

IMG_2465001_copy.jpg

IMG_2466001_copy.jpg

IMG_2467001_copy.jpg

IMG_2468001_copy.jpg

I've been so busy the last couple days, I was unable to put up pics on Friday ... sorry for the delay (Friday's installment):

Students shoot a timed multi-target drill:
IMG_2488001_copy.jpg

IMG_2490001_copy.jpg

IMG_2491001_copy.jpg

Mini-Costa runs the drill with his piston gun
IMG_2493001_copy.jpg

IMG_2494001_copy.jpg

IMG_2495001_copy.jpg

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing them.
I really enjoyed my Magpul class last year.

Awesome pics, Jeff. Learned a lot just from reading this thread. Quick question for you though: I noticed you are running a CTR stock with a mid-length upper. In a previous thread on AR15.com you mentioned that the CTR doesn't balance well with mid-length uppers, and am wondering if you have changed your mind on this? Would it have to do with your support hand being further out on the rail now? I'm thinking of using the CTR on my next build, but am trying to keep function before looks on this one. Thanks.

Cool! Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for sharing. Looks like a blast. Does anyone know how the guy in blue (YammyMonkey) has his pistol retained? Is that anything more than paracord with a pull-tab threaded through a grommet hole?

Some of the guns from class. DZhitshard's carbine .... he was running some of the training Hornaday TAP ammo:

IMG_2600001_copy.jpg

IMG_2601001_copy.jpg

IMG_2602001_copy.jpg

BCM Carbines from the class:

IMG_2605001_copy.jpg

IMG_2606001_copy.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: johngfoster</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Awesome pics, Jeff. Learned a lot just from reading this thread. Quick question for you though: I noticed you are running a CTR stock with a mid-length upper. In a previous thread on AR15.com you mentioned that the CTR doesn't balance well with mid-length uppers, and am wondering if you have changed your mind on this? Would it have to do with your support hand being further out on the rail now? I'm thinking of using the CTR on my next build, but am trying to keep function before looks on this one. Thanks. </div></div>

John,

The gun I'm shooting in the pics above is not a mid-length, it's a 14.5" M4 (carbine gas system) with a LaRue 11.0 rail.

I don't ever recall saying I don't like CTR's on Mid-Lengths. I was running a CTR on a mid-length in Pat Rogers May 2009 class and have run that configuration on a work gun for the last couple years.

You may find this article helpful when it comes to choosing a stock:

icon-ar15-buttstock-considerations.jpg

<span style="font-style: italic">03designgroup</span> | <span style="font-weight: bold">AR15 Buttstock Considerations </span>

Take care and be safe

Thanks Jeff. That was very helpful. I'm currently in the planning stages for a BCM mid-length rifle and I appreciate your thoughtful reply.

John,

No problem, glad I could help.

More BCM Carbines from the course (you may recognize one of these pics in the new BCM add):

IMG_2607001_copy.jpg

IMG_2608001_copy.jpg

IMG_2609001_copy.jpg

IMG_2611001_copy.jpg

<span style="font-weight: bold">Pics that FromMyColdDeadHand took at the class. Please don't steal his pics</span>

MMR_2010_04_04_2453001_.jpg

MMR_2010_04_04_2455001_.jpg

Looks like an awesome class.

If one was to holiday in the US is there a possiblity of attending a class? Considering i wouldnt have any weapons licences or weapons to use?

Great to see some action pictures...

Pretty neat to see a AK in the group.

Looks like a Great Time ! Thanks for the pictures

great bunch of photos.thanks for posting.

Looks lik i need to enroll. Whats the dollar drill entail?

Everyone staples a dollar bill on their IPSC taget and you go to a set distance and who ever gets closest to GWs nose wins. The issue is the distance is usually a bit off to most people's zero POI, so you have to do some kinds of hold under/over be it with a red dot or a scope. There is also a time restraint- not much of one 30s or so IIRC.

You can win 25-30 bucks, the downside is that a lot of them have bullet holes in them. Costa says that Secret Service guys balk at having to shoot dollar bills.