• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PIG0311-G Field Tripod

I just put this at the top of my Christmas list to the wife. I hope they are in stock.

Anyone tried filling the bottom leg with spray foam to reduce the hollow knock sound when it bangs into something? I duct taped around the feet ends and that helped the noise when I was carrying it. Anyone done anything to theirs?

My tripod just showed up with a Pig Saddle. This makes me an official fan boy poser type. The tripod seems t be just right. Not too solid/nice as to be $500, but solid enough to hold up. I'm pretty satisfied.

Last edited:
The PIG0311-G is one rugged tripod, and here's a link showing it in use at the Mile High Shootout.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1Sw51L3hapo

We had over 100 shooters lay hands on this set-up over the course of two days, followed by several monthly matches. Knocked over, tripped over, supporting numerous big heavy rifles over and over again, etc., and the tripod is still holding up perfectly. To get anything close to this tripod in quality and ruggedness, your going to spend much, much more money.

Thanks to AMTeam4 for letting us use and abuse it. It passed the torture test with flying colors.

Great info. Looks like I found something to spend the Xmas money on. Appreciate the updates.

anyone know where the tripod and saddle may be on sale or at least free shipping?

Well, considering that nobody seems to have them even in stock right now due to demand, I wish you luck with your search. Current status seems to be that mid-January will begin to ship all back orders. Maybe there will be some left over for sale to schmucks like us who waited.

Let me know if you find a sale or free shipping.

I placed an order on the 27th. Do you send a tracking number? I haven’t seen anything.

Attachments

• photo84674.jpg
    photo84674.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 38
Last I knew they were on back order everywhere. Did it show in stock when you ordered?
I only ordered the in stock items. I was going to order the regular tripod but since it wasn’t in stock I ordered the carbon fiber one as I am impatient and like instant gratification.

I received my PIG tripod and saddle back before Christmas but wasn't able to get out in the field until now. The tripod and direct mount pig saddle are very stable. Windage adjustments are a sinch by just loosening the center column while elevation is accomplished by loosening the saddle and then re tightening. For the money this is the best bang for your buck out there. I am really impressed thus far and looking forward to putting it through more going forward. Josh was great to deal with and answered all of my questions. I now know why these are backordered, smoking deal on these tripods for what they offer.

Placed my order last night! Thank you for offering what appears to be a great bipod for a very reasonable price!

Does anyone have input on how the grunt stacks up against the night stalker tripod offered by night goggles inc?

Spreading the word about a new tripod that just came out. The PIG0311-G tripod is based off of the budget friendly yet capable SLIK DX700PRO tripod. We partnered up with Slik and started putting together several prototypes with beefed up specs, tighter tolerances and shooter specific features that are not readily available. Eight months of testing later we came up with this field tripod.
A more compact version will most likely be available later in the year.

During testing we used several 50 cal rifles (Barrett M107 & McMillan Tac50) with great results regarding officer feedback and repeatable shot placement. Being unsure of what kind of garage cannon that might be placed on the PIG0311-G tripod, we decided to stick with a conservative 26 pound load rating.

Link: http://stores.hogsaddle.com/pig0311-...ipod-od-green/

PIG0311-G Field Tripod

"The Grunt of Tripods"

A no-nonsense field tripod designed for the active outdoorsman. This tripod was meant to get dirty, be thrown in trucks, and be used outside. Paired with a direct mounted PIG Saddle, this tripod can do almost anything a more expensive tripod kit can do (At a fraction the cost).

The Feisol CB-50D ball head is a great match with this tripod.
  • The short center column allows the shooter to get all the way down to a 11.5” high prone position.
  • A removable, load bearing hook has been added to the bottom of the center column to hang weight, such as a backpack. The added weight will greatly increase tripod stability.
  • The center column can fully rotate 365 degrees. This is a great feature for those who intend to direct mount a saddle to the PIG0311-G tripod.
  • The tripod’s feet incorporate interchangeable rubber or spiked feet. (Yes, the spiked feet are included)
  • 26 lbs heavy duty weight rating. But don’t be surprised to see Barrett 50 cal’s being popped off this thing.
  • Lightweight magnesium body with aluminum legs.
  • Three section extending legs with cam levers.
  • Lightweight nylon carry bag included.
  • Finished off in flat OD Green paint job.
MAX. OPERATING HEIGHT61 IN
MIN. OPERATING HEIGHT10.8 IN
MAX. CENTER COLUMN EXT5 IN
CENTER COLUMN TYPE365 Degree Rotation
FOLDED LENGTH27.6 IN
WEIGHT5.6 LBS
NUMBER OF LEG SECTIONS3
MAX. LOAD26 LBS
LEG LOCK TYPELEVER LOCK
LEG TIPInterchangeable rubber or spikes
TRIPOD MOUNT THREAD3/8
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/photos-2.dropbox.com\/t\/2\/AADRGOk-W6WHIUsJpY_Jq2oS_psSIbjpqK_r4aV3PYRMCg\/12\/644317626\/jpeg\/32x32\/1\/_\/1\/2\/DSCN1716-2.jpg\/EKKe6Z0FGAcgBygH\/r8xmsTPP1Dg8_ZSMYAj7suhX-kD4DGTWA6jwBijs19s?size=800x600&size_mode=3"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/photos-1.dropbox.com\/t\/2\/AACz_ZnM6MtwDn8o-Rh7Y_iIkrqQvjhCMZFkNI3JL6PL5A\/12\/644317626\/jpeg\/32x32\/1\/_\/1\/2\/DSCN1702-2.jpg\/EKKe6Z0FGAUgBygH\/ZKwxnxp3u3EG_ehgguua0XVwYZp9mhFR9Ps1vq68hss?size=800x600&size_mode=3"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/photos-6.dropbox.com\/t\/2\/AABit5ji6WZonj7jumSEjqcNNQ4XHnUmDqfKGT_92jXlsg\/12\/644317626\/jpeg\/32x32\/1\/_\/1\/2\/DSCN1710-2.jpg\/EKKe6Z0FGAYgBygH\/yJ-GE-fhOGsIfex2iMSYLI3dC8Mf-Eo0nT5SnM6igmw?size=800x600&size_mode=3"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/photos-4.dropbox.com\/t\/2\/AAAyAzfkSmz9lsNbD0GOPL6WbKom-I7oUl8XT2V0GfaxbQ\/12\/644317626\/jpeg\/32x32\/1\/_\/1\/2\/DSCN1724-2.jpg\/EKKe6Z0FGAggBygH\/ocqwqLFve4aJCjcl5q1U3rYFEMH08SjumUvjgxiMgIs?size=800x600&size_mode=3"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/photos-1.dropbox.com\/t\/2\/AACUdWeEaHXLukQzXXiWYQ7pDndyYNh2rlPoW8Lqvxe7VQ\/12\/644317626\/jpeg\/32x32\/1\/_\/1\/2\/14.jpg\/EKKe6Z0FGAQgBygH\/KZviIi54118z4tJGuVoA10Wj44FbQruV4_PO6XdXqNM%2CGQPutwo65VFATLHk1DVvv7rhQzVX_6Y9VpUnzkF8WwI?size=800x600&size_mode=3"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/photos-6.dropbox.com\/t\/2\/AADkmm7YNY8ijewXK9Z5zJR-vF6ODmqCKSiNL7IdT7-tww\/12\/644317626\/jpeg\/32x32\/1\/_\/1\/2\/DSCN1732-2.jpg\/EKKe6Z0FGAogBygH\/1dfpwKu0kK7eC4c1UXlL-Ke65BqhlZRusvVU8HGHWSE?size=800x600&size_mode=3"}[/IMG2]
[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/photos-5.dropbox.com\/t\/2\/AAAHsc0__-otrac4diaJzw-d-XQboz6_8gcIU4hEYOMN7w\/12\/644317626\/jpeg\/32x32\/1\/_\/1\/2\/DSCN1726-2.jpg\/EKKe6Z0FGAkgBygH\/G9hVId6tVqBtfvMVcwXLiqzWI5-AxuUQu9R1YbIaNSs?size=800x600&size_mode=3"}[/IMG2]

Just ordered one, is 3 weeks an accurate estimate?

delivered a few hours ago. feels a little heavier than i expected. but seems a good mix of weight vs rigidity. in between my ultralight slik tripod and ultra heavy bogen. that pig saddle really holds the rifle up nicely even when the rifle is cantilevered out from the end of the bottom rail. i haven't bought any sort of leveling or in-between device, at least yet. seems easy enough to move a leg in or out to level or angle the rifle. standing/kneeling/sitting not as rock-solid as prone with bipod and rear bag (aiming at a fence post a few hundred yards away), but pretty close and sure with practice i will get better.

delivered a few hours ago. feels a little heavier than i expected. but seems a good mix of weight vs rigidity. in between my ultralight slik tripod and ultra heavy bogen. that pig saddle really holds the rifle up nicely even when the rifle is cantilevered out from the end of the bottom rail. i haven't bought any sort of leveling or in-between device, at least yet. seems easy enough to move a leg in or out to level or angle the rifle. standing/kneeling/sitting not as rock-solid as prone with bipod and rear bag (aiming at a fence post a few hundred yards away), but pretty close and sure with practice i will get better.

How much elevation do you get out of the set-up? Can, say, a 6’ 4” person shoot from a standing position ?

How much elevation do you get out of the set-up? Can, say, a 6’ 4” person shoot from a standing position ?
57.5" to the bottom of the pig saddle. then another 5"+/- if you raise the center column. i'm 5-7 and had to lower it a little (with center column already all the way down) to be comfortable shooting standing.

Can a PIG 0311 owner tell me the max footprint distance from feet to feet (think of a triangle's A, B and C side)?

57.5" to the bottom of the pig saddle. then another 5"+/- if you raise the center column. i'm 5-7 and had to lower it a little (with center column already all the way down) to be comfortable shooting standing.

Thanks davsco. Probably going to try one of these ...

Can a PIG 0311 owner tell me the max footprint distance from feet to feet (think of a triangle's A, B and C side)?
45" from foot to foot with the legs fully extended. of course there are two additional width selections where the legs can be spread wider.

Love it! Ordered one right before SHOT. Wife sent me the pic of the box when it arrived. Got home, unboxed, best tripod I've seen so far.

Got the ball head as well, and aluminum billet matte anodized OD knobs for existing PIG saddles. This will be the #1 tripod I recommend for people.

Really Nice and definitely an upgrade from an Manfrotto... it solves the weight rating issue.

We used one in Alaska during the last class it was money, as well I have added a RRS Ball head to mine, best of both worlds for less money.
how does the PRST CARBON FIBER TRIPOD from Hog Saddle compare to RRS, I know there is a price difference and the RRS has a weight limit of 50 lbs compared to 40 lbs of the PRST, just looking for some thoughts on carbon fiber tripods, they're both a good penny

Thanks Diesel64. Can you comment on the stability of the pig when it’s fully extended? I’m hearing above it’s reasonably stable.

Last edited:
How would one of these compare to the Night Stalker tripod? Same price point but the Night stalker can get lower and is CF. PIG seems to have more reviews/support but wanted a second opinion before pulling the trigger

Just received mine. I am very pleased with the quality, fit and finish of the tripod. I went with the Feisol Ballhead for now and it barely supports this heave RPR. i had to put the saddle closer to the receiver to make it balance, any further forward and it becomes an AA gun.

D894EA3E-5C82-4C75-BC29-C0CF973C1DF9.jpeg

Have the Pig 0311 and Pig Saddle on order, unsure if there are any here in Ireland already. But they seem to fit my bill perfectly, will use them with my .22, .204 and .243. I think I may have caught Joshua off guard on the phone with my thick Irish accent though. Is there anybody using these with a fully kitted RPR?

Have the Pig 0311 and Pig Saddle on order, unsure if there are any here in Ireland already. But they seem to fit my bill perfectly, will use them with my .22, .204 and .243. I think I may have caught Joshua off guard on the phone with my thick Irish accent though. Is there anybody using these with a fully kitted RPR?
Look at my post right above this one. That RPR weighs a ton. That’s the feisol ball head they sell. It holds it but it’s working for it.

Reactions: Gorman
Look at my post right above this one. That RPR weighs a ton. That’s the feisol ball head they sell. It holds it but it’s working for it.
Have an Amazon "Pergear" ball head ordered to try it out, saw it recommended by a number of sources. If ir works out and isn't a great ball head I'll upgrade, if I don't like the ball head setup then I will bin it.

The PIG0311-G field tripods came back in-stock on Friday. All backorders should be filled.
Appreciate all the feedback. Its great to see the tripod in circulation putting rounds on target and filling freezers.

Reactions: Darkside-Six
Have an Amazon "Pergear" ball head ordered to try it out, saw it recommended by a number of sources. If ir works out and isn't a great ball head I'll upgrade, if I don't like the ball head setup then I will bin it.
What have your thoughts been on the pergear ball head from amazon?

Seeing this thread bumped back up reminded me.
I made 5/7 with the first two being the misses at 500 yards on my cousins bipod. I like it.
3zQX2M9.jpg

Got to try out my new PIG tripod and HOG saddle (direct-mounted) last weekend. Standing supported hits on a full size IPSC at 600yds were easy, but I was all over the target. It was my first time shooting off of a tripod. I like this setup a lot! The tripod seems built like a tank and really stable for the price point.

255370B3-0EC5-4AEA-9EE2-AD177913B4E1.jpeg

68F65E9E-9F38-499D-B1EB-230382979AD2.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: AMTeam4
I've had a pig saddle on a Manfrotta for over a year, but wanted to upgrade the tripod to the PIG0311. I got mine a few weeks ago and have used it with great success doing a little pest control. Headshot on a whistle pig at 415yds.

IMG_1494.JPG

IMG_1508.PNG

Reactions: AMTeam4 and JC0352
I need to get this and a saddle to try out as I've never used a tripod before.

Anyone know of any 4th of July sales on these by chance?

Reactions: cattleman99
I need to get this and a saddle to try out as I've never used a tripod before.

Anyone know of any 4th of July sales on these by chance?
Man I just listed mine for sale on here and then a buddy local to me said he’d take it.