• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing Pillar Bed Kit for Remington ADL

mdesign

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 2, 2004
Nebraska
My boy picked up an older Remington 700 ADL and he wants to try his hand at pillar bedding for a winter project. I usually make my own pillars when I am working with bottom metal but have never done an ADL where I don't have BM to hide the pillars.

Does anyone make a good kit for the an ADL with the hardware so it looks finished on the bottom of the stock? I suppose a guy could make something but......just wondered if there is something out there.

Ideas?

Re: Pillar Bed Kit for Remington ADL

If you make your own pillars, just make the front to either finish just under the escuthcheon, or remove the escutcheon, and finish flush with the stock. The rear pillar will finish flush with the trigger gaurd inlet.

Check out Brownells. They have an adjustable pillar bedding kit.
As I understand it you turn the two pieces in or out until you get the length you want and then epoxy them in.
Good luck.
Chris112

Yes, I could do that but somewhere I was thinking I saw a kit that had some pillars with a stylish escutcheon for not a lot of money. I have searched around at Brownells and Midway but couldn't find much so I thought I would ask.

I think that Rickard Franklin makes some. I made my own for a Rem M-7 in a laminated stock , not to difficult if you have a lathe
RussoblackbrownA5Lbottom.jpg

6x47Lapua2.jpg

Nice looking stock JJ.

Adjustable Pillars from Midway

Midway had these and the price is not bad but it looks like we would probably be more satisfied with what we could make ourselves.

Nicely done on the stock, is that from Greg over at Wild West? Im still trying to decide between the lowrider and the undertaker.

Holland also offers their pillar kit for the ADL and it finishes out pretty nice and height is easy to control the way the bottom is hollowed out.