• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Pimp the Handi rifle

Distant1

Private
Minuteman
Mar 21, 2013
Gave my Handi rifle project the all over Cerakote treatment this week , she is a very well behaved sub MOA rifle
that now looks as good as it shoots

Where did you get the forend and stock? That's pretty cool. What caliber?

You have far too much time on your hands..... (pretty cool though)

^^This^^

It's sub MOA? I just picked up a youth model in .243. Little rascal has a 16" barrel, and of course a length of pull that's 2" too short. I'm going to just form a spacer out of hardwood, and roll with it. I was hoping for 1 MOA with mine, sub MOA will be a pleasant surprise!

^^This^^

It's sub MOA? I just picked up a youth model in .243. Little rascal has a 16" barrel, and of course a length of pull that's 2" too short. I'm going to just form a spacer out of hardwood, and roll with it. I was hoping for 1 MOA with mine, sub MOA will be a pleasant surprise!

Yep no one got a bigger or more pleasant surprise than me when I shot this little rifle it's a 308 and when I picked it up I grabbed a couple of packs of Remington gold tip 165g , at 100yards these were holding around the 1 MOA mark , so I hand loaded some 168g A-max at the same AOL and shot some 1hole five shot groups , it does the same with SMKs. It's the 20 inch barrel model , I've taken several good hogs and deer with it , it disappears into my eberlestock gun slinger pack at 32 inches. From what I have read and seen with my mates 45/70 many of these little rifles are super accurate , if your a one and done kind of hunter and place your shots well they are truly handy.

She won't win any beauty competitions and kinda started out as a rainy day project with low expectations , but has become a real treat. The stock is an ATI made for handy rifles , the scope mount is a DRZ reaper , the scope is a Nikon monark 3-9-40 , and we just Cerakoted it all in FDE , baked the action and stock , air dry the scope and trigger guard.

Well, I'm looking forward to making my .243 shoot some 87 gr. bullets, and I bet it shoots fire out the muzzle in the twilight. It'll be my truck gun. As much as I have in my bolt actions, I can't leave them in the truck with full confidence when I'm in the city. Once it's scoped, I'll have about $550 in the whole thing. That's way less liability than leaving a $2.5k+ custom bolt action in the truck.

Thanks for sharing.

Great. Now the liberals are going to want to ban single shot rifles because of this. That thing looks dangerous. And it has a pistol grip of all things!

Nice looking, and lucky you. My 500SW Handi-Rifle can't keep 3 shots on a 9" pie plate at 100yd. It is an honest 12MOA rifle and it's old enough that the manufacturer won't support the damn thing.