• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PISTOL BRACE

What is the ATF going to say if there is a massive number of non-compliance?

Will the Washington overlords demand house-to-house interrogation, confiscation and incarceration?

With 10-20 million out there, I'm pretty sure a lot of folks won't know or won't bother getting fingerprinted and photo'd.
So selective enforcement (like the St. Louis idiot couple McCloskey's.) If "you're valuable"

Will the Washington overlords demand house-to-house interrogation, confiscation and incarceration?

That would be a bad job to have.

With 10-20 million out there, I'm pretty sure a lot of folks won't know or won't bother getting fingerprinted and photo'd.
So selective enforcement (like the St. Louis idiot couple McCloskey's.) If "you're valuable"

Or if you ever have to use one for self defense (for which I know many people use pistols). Don't forget your local range AFT narks.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
how is it NOT a work around?

stop being poor and pay the piper for your SBR. anyone that buys a gun on a 4474 is all ready on file with the dark overlords.

and of course the whole NFA thing is bullshit but get real. braces allow you to should a short barreled rifle. anyone with 2 brains cells touching can see that.
How can it be a workaround if the NFA is illegitimate to begin with you contradict yourself. Read my post again, stop being such a fudd. I have my share of stamps, but that is not the point... and what the fuck is a 4474?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 1911hombre

10-20million? Lol. That’s some seriously low numbers. They think there is at minimum 40 million, likely more than that.

you’re delusional man.thats some really obtuse psychobabble language you speak

bootlicker….just stop. lol
Okay boomer !!! Wondered for a while if you were just fudd muffin or glowie- now I wonder if you’re just a special little guy?
Didn’t refute anything I said - cause you can’t cause what I posted is true .

How can it be a workaround if the NFA is illegitimate to begin with you contradict yourself. Read my post again, stop being such a fudd. I have my share of stamps, but that is not the point... and what the fuck is a 4474?
4473 but you knew that.

if you have stamps then what the fuck are you bitching about?

get real man.

Okay boomer !!! Wondered for a while if you were just fudd muffin or glowie- now I wonder if you’re just a special little guy?
Didn’t refute anything I said - cause you can’t cause what I posted is true .

shows how little you know smooth brain. nothing you said makes any sense at all.

not sure why you guys have your panties so wadded up about this. its kind of a no brainer that the atf was going to fuck people over on this. what is you mental block?

this place is about as low IQ as arfcom’s gd ffs.

4473 but you knew that.

get real man.
You didnt answer my first question, and what I'm bitching about is further infringement upon human rights by a tyrannical unelected bureaucracy. Like I said, go read my post again.

Last edited:
4473 but you knew that.

get real man.

Ray? Ray Epps, is that you?

Cause this isn't about stamps. This is about them attempting to register ~20 million firearms that aren't short barreled rifles. But are in fact pistols. The fucking unconstitutional NFA not withstanding, this, has nothing to do, with that.

You glow like a motherfucker. Been here 10 years with less than 100 posts.

how is it NOT a work around?

stop being poor and pay the piper for your SBR. anyone that buys a gun on a 4474 is all ready on file with the dark overlords.

and of course the whole NFA thing is bullshit but get real. braces allow you to should a short barreled rifle. anyone with 2 brains cells touching can see that.
You sound vaccinated........

Doc

What is the ATF going to say if there is a massive number of non-compliance?

Bring it.........

It will be a cool idea at first......then feds will be disappearing and then it will stop.....

Doc

Forgive me if this has been posted here previously.

Screen Shot 2023-01-23 at 9.36.00 PM.png

Replace the brace with a tennis ball

whatta shitshow this is going to be.

sure would like to know how many people fell into the honeypot.

i’ve seen alot more shorty ar’s without braces for sale on the local armalist site the past week.

I heard 17,000 figure dropped somewhere. Not sure if that's accurate or not or how that number came to be but it was said.

That's $3.4M in tax breaks by an agency that has no authority to waive taxes FWIW. That's also not even 1% of the braces in circulation. Yeah, the gov is gonna want that $$ paid LOL.

That would be the end of that range and all the retards who own it and work there. Nothing less than commissars.

Of course, I live in Missourah, and if an agent of the state tries to enforce an illegal Federal law that contradicts The Constitution, and the SECOND amendment specifically, the are committing a felony. Hasn’t been tested yet, but I doubt some Department of Conservation commissar wants to be the test case in criminal court.
Missouri has it’s own unconstitutional firearm laws it’s hired thugs already enforce.

That is literally the definition of tyranny and totalitarianism. They make everyone a criminal so that they can selectively go after anyone they don't like with their own, private secret police.
The regular ole police have been assisting and will continue to assist federal police. A man that enforces the weaponized laws of a corrupt gov’t with a multi- tiered and selective “justice” system is no better than the tyrants he serves and protects. This is where we are with LEO in this country.

I heard 17,000 figure dropped somewhere. Not sure if that's accurate or not or how that number came to be but it was said.

That's $3.4M in tax breaks by an agency that has no authority to waive taxes FWIW. That's also not even 1% of the braces in circulation. Yeah, the gov is gonna want that $$ paid LOL.

They gotta find something for those 87,000 new IRS agents to do...

Missouri has it’s own unconstitutional firearm laws it’s hired thugs already enforce.

The regular ole police have been assisting and will continue to assist federal police. A man that enforces the weaponized laws of a corrupt gov’t with a multi- tiered and selective “justice” system is no better than the tyrants he serves and protects. This is where we are with LEO in this country.
What unconstitutional laws?

Funny part is the most damaging anti-gun legislation that's happened in the last 50 years...the 94' AWB....didn't come from anti-gun folks, or democrats, or the ATF kicking in doors it came from a gun company, Ruger, for nothing more than his own beliefs that civilians shouldn't have "military weapons" and to try and regain market competitiveness by getting his competitions products banned. He not only supported it, he suggested it, lobbied for politicians and other gun companies to support it and it was for 10 years the worst thing to happen to us gun folks in recent history. S&W doing back door deals with Clinton admin to add the handgun locks for favorable gun legislation treatment, Springfield's recent debacle, the biggest threat to gun owners seems to be coming from the manufacturers themselves. Probably only get worse now that so many are publicly traded and slowly being bought up by anti-gun investment groups.

I've been hearing for 45+ years now from the tin foil hat club that the ATF is coming for all our guns, going to be kicking in all our doors any day now, the 94' AWB will never end, we'll have nothing but revolvers, single shot rifles, and muzzle loaders soon! Going to be a ruby ridge in every neighborhood! Yet here we are 45 years later, can still get suppressors, 100 round drum mags, binary triggers, heck for 10+ years we could all easily buy braced pistols, that every last one of us knew was skirting SBR regulations. No different than "magazine repair kits", auto cards, assisted knives, the list goes on. Products anyone with an ounce of common sense can see are really designed to thumb their nose at current restrictions because we didn't like them and children want toys they're told they aren't supposed to have. One could easily make the case that today you can buy and legally own more compact firepower than at any time in the last few decades. If the ATF is out to "get us" they are doing a piss poor job of it, even for a government agency.
I’m not a child, and I should be able to have any toys I can afford to buy with the money I earn, comrade. If you are irresponsible and afraid of firearms don’t buy them. I assure you that the rest of us will still defend your liberty if you are unwilling or unable to fight for yourself. Many of us have already done it.

interesting point about atf waiving the tax fee. ya think the irs was notified? lol

17,000 is a tiny number compared to how many are out there. the rest can never take them to the formal shooting ranges but open range shooting is possible. i’ve had LE encounters out in the desert while shooting F/A and the deputy never asked for paper work. not his job i guess.

Funny part is the most damaging anti-gun legislation that's happened in the last 50 years...the 94' AWB....didn't come from anti-gun folks, or democrats, or the ATF kicking in doors it came from a gun company, Ruger, for nothing more than his own beliefs that civilians shouldn't have "military weapons" and to try and regain market competitiveness by getting his competitions products banned. He not only supported it, he suggested it, lobbied for politicians and other gun companies to support it and it was for 10 years the worst thing to happen to us gun folks in recent history. S&W doing back door deals with Clinton admin to add the handgun locks for favorable gun legislation treatment, Springfield's recent debacle, the biggest threat to gun owners seems to be coming from the manufacturers themselves. Probably only get worse now that so many are publicly traded and slowly being bought up by anti-gun investment groups.

I've been hearing for 45+ years now from the tin foil hat club that the ATF is coming for all our guns, going to be kicking in all our doors any day now, the 94' AWB will never end, we'll have nothing but revolvers, single shot rifles, and muzzle loaders soon! Going to be a ruby ridge in every neighborhood! Yet here we are 45 years later, can still get suppressors, 100 round drum mags, binary triggers, heck for 10+ years we could all easily buy braced pistols, that every last one of us knew was skirting SBR regulations. No different than "magazine repair kits", auto cards, assisted knives, the list goes on. Products anyone with an ounce of common sense can see are really designed to thumb their nose at current restrictions because we didn't like them and children want toys they're told they aren't supposed to have. One could easily make the case that today you can buy and legally own more compact firepower than at any time in the last few decades. If the ATF is out to "get us" they are doing a piss poor job of it, even for a government agency.
The ass-wipe Bill Ruger actively campaigned for all sort of anti-gun legislation because he was seeking lucrative contracts for his pistols and the Mini-14 from the California Highway Patrol. He would sacrifice your rights for a dollar he could make.

He’s worm food now and AFAIK, Ruger is different company now.

I’m not a child, and I should be able to have any toys I can afford to buy with the money I earn, comrade. If you are irresponsible and afraid of firearms don’t buy them. I assure you that the rest of us will still defend your liberty if you are unwilling or unable to fight for yourself. Many of us have already done it.

He's not wrong dude.

When braces kept looking more and more like stocks and the arm brace portion became less and less functional as they tried to push the limits, WTF did you think was going to happen?

Have you ever known a person with a braced pistol to ever use the brace as intended? Because I have not and I know quite a bit of people who have them and have seen a shit load of people shoot them at ranges and never once have I ever seen anyone put their arm through the brace and shoot it that way. Not one fucking time. Anyone with an ounce of common sense can evaluate and see them for what they were.

Reactions: tucaz
What unconstitutional laws?
Read your state firearm laws to start. Plenty of “you can’t have that or else we will have our thugs imprison or kill you.”

I would argue all laws are unconstitutional at this point. The constitution clearly lays out how a president is elected which was ignored resulting in an unconstitutional president that can’t “legally” do a damn thing yet does including giving orders to the military they “illegally” follow.

Most of us understand that many of the federal legislatures weren’t constitutionally elected either yet they, along with the fake president, installed many federal judges and one justice and continue to legislate this country away. It also clearly lays out how the federal gov’t has a duty to defend the border and the states from invasion. Instead this one along with the southern state gov’ts are actually supporting and funding the invasion in clear violation of the constitution.

All 50 states gov’ts pretend this isn’t and hasn’t happened and continue to work with and assist these insurgents at the federal level. Why? The police at the state and local level continue to work with and assist the private and secret police (using your description) of these criminals that unconditionally run this country and who use laws, the court system, and corporate america to terrorize those that oppose them.

The constitution is long dead. It’s a relic of the past and in my opinion was nothing more than state propaganda to begin with. The words on it did nothing more than enslave the men and decedents of that fought and died to get out from under rule by one and foolishly and willingly right under rule by many.

Reactions: stevieb92
He's not wrong dude.

When braces kept looking more and more like stocks and the arm brace portion became less and less functional as they tried to push the limits, WTF did you think was going to happen?

Have you ever known a person with a braced pistol to ever use the brace as intended? Because I have not and I know quite a bit of people who have them and have seen a shit load of people shoot them at ranges and never once have I ever seen anyone put their arm through the brace and shoot it that way. Not one fucking time. Anyone with an ounce of common sense can evaluate and see them for what they were.
All the braces did was highlight how stupid the SBR laws on the books were. The last time I checked, criminals committing firearm crimes haven’t exactly cared if their barrel lengths are too short. Not one mass shooter who plans on dying at the scene cares if they are using a weapon without a Form 1. The government/ATF are just pissed that companies and consumers keep finding little ways to nullify their registration and tax scheme and they’re lashing out like the tyrants they are.

He's not wrong dude.

This! 100%.

I do not agree with the NFA... but anyone who looked at the brace and did not see this potentially being an issue is retarded.

About a year ago, I wanted to put a compact stock (not a brace) and a vertical foregrip on my SIG MPX, so I spent the $200 and SBR'd it. I had three more items with pistol braces and short barrels (LWRCI SMG45, 300-BLK Pistol, 5.56 Pistol) where I wanted to do the same thing and lose the brace and be able to modify them into SBR form-factors ... but I didn't want to spend $600 just on tax stamps. I get why everyone is pissed, but for me and what I wanted to do, this is a $600 "gift" to me from the ATF. I've already done the eForms and submitted. Don't hate me for getting free SBR upgrades, as that's exactly what I want. Those that choose to fight this ... I'm on your side, more power to you, and I hope you win. What we really need is to throw out the whole NFA and start over with only automatic weapons regulated (IMHO). Regulating suppressors is especially stupid !!!

Reactions: NoDopes
All the braces did was highlight how stupid the SBR laws on the books were. The last time I checked, criminals committing firearm crimes haven’t exactly cared if their barrel lengths are too short. Not one mass shooter who plans on dying at the scene cares if they are using a weapon without a Form 1. The government/ATF are just pissed that companies and consumers keep finding little ways to nullify their registration and tax scheme and they’re lashing out like the tyrants they are.

Stupid or not there are laws on the books in our country regulating SBR’s. Anyone with any common sense can see that braces became workarounds to SBR. Neither of these are really even debatable.

Changing the NFA laws is the proper channel here.

Reactions: tucaz
About a year ago, I wanted to put a compact stock (not a brace) and a vertical foregrip on my SIG MPX, so I spent the $200 and SBR'd it. I had three more items with pistol braces and short barrels (LWRCI SMG45, 300-BLK Pistol, 5.56 Pistol) where I wanted to do the same thing and lose the brace and be able to modify them into SBR form-factors ... but I didn't want to spend $600 just on tax stamps. I get why everyone is pissed, but for me and what I wanted to do, this is a $600 "gift" to me from the ATF. I've already done the eForms and submitted. Don't hate me for getting free SBR upgrades, as that's exactly what I want. Those that choose to fight this ... I'm on your side, more power to you, and I hope you win. What we really need is to throw out the whole NFA and start over with only automatic weapons regulated (IMHO). Regulating suppressors is especially stupid !!!

You’re an idiot if you can’t see that ATF doesn’t have the authority to waive taxes.

So either you’re going to owe that money anyway, be guilty of tax evasion, or have to forfeit the firearm because the form 1 is null and void because the tax wasn’t paid.

Jumping in early on was a stupid thing to do. But congrats on registering your firearms LOL.

You’re an idiot if you can’t see that ATF doesn’t have the authority to waive taxes.

So either you’re going to owe that money anyway, be guilty of tax evasion, or have to forfeit the firearm because the form 1 is null and void because the tax wasn’t paid.

Jumping in early on was a stupid thing to do. But congrats on registering your firearms LOL.
Did you read the rule? I did ... the whole thing. It clearly waives to tax stamp fee for submission in the 120-day period. Not sure which rule you were reading.

Did you read the rule? I did ... the whole thing. It clearly waives to tax stamp fee for submission in the 120-day period. Not sure which rule you were reading.
Did you also read the part about the 88 day rule......

When has any stamp been approved in less than 88 days.......

Doc

Did you also read the part about the 88 day rule......

When has any stamp been approved in less than 88 days.......

Doc
That rule does not apply to Form-1 or Form-4 ... only Form-4899 ... check with a lawyer that specializes in this stuff. (I did)

Reactions: WaltHer

It doesn’t matter what the rule says, ATF does not have the legal authority to waive tax obligation.

Guess what… I also read the ATF letter that says pistol braces are legal, and also the one that they’re legal to be shouldered too… look where we are now.

Reactions: atomic41
You bring up an interesting twist - people wanting to dump their braces on the cheap might be a low cost SBR for someone else, of course as the buyer you'd likely want to add a collapsible stock.

Reactions: NoDopes
It doesn’t matter what the rule says, ATF does not have the legal authority to waive tax obligation.

Guess what… I also read the ATF letter that says pistol braces are legal, and also the one that they’re legal to be shouldered too… look where we are now.
They absolutely have the authority to waive this fee. They call it a "Tax Stamp" historically, but it's really just a registration fee, and any government authority has the ability to assess or waive fees at will. I guess we shall see if you're correct, but it's hard to imagine.

You bring up an interesting twist - people wanting to dump their braces on the cheap might be a low cost SBR for someone else, of course as the buyer you'd likely want to add a collapsible stock.
Only issue there (or at least one issue) is that you cannot transfer a NFA item (now including a braces "SBR") without all the crap associated with NFA compliance. SBR'ing it just to sell it is a waste of time, in my opinion. And as for selling the braces ... they're going into the spare parts crates in the garage.

They absolutely have the authority to waive this fee. They call it a "Tax Stamp" historically, but it's really just a registration fee, and any government authority has the ability to assess or waive fees at will. I guess we shall see if you're correct, but it's hard to imagine.
It's a tax written in federal law. They don't have the legal authority to say you don't owe it, but just like all our federal government these days, they can just decide not to enforce the law. Open borders, top secret information violations, tax evasion, stolen elections.. laws only have meaning when they want to enforce them.

You didnt answer my first question, and what I'm bitching about is further infringement upon human rights by a tyrannical unelected bureaucracy. Like I said, go read my post again.

THIS QUESTION;
To all of the asshats saying "pIsToL bRaCeS aRe a wOrKaRoUnD foR aN sBr." Fuck you, the NFA and the ATF in its entirety are work arounds for your basic human rights that the COTUS says the government has no business interfering in. I've been browsing this thread and seen it no less than 3 times. Wasn't aware of all the fuddery on the hide.

its a workaround because it creates an SBR without registration. your question has nothing to do with how things are now, regarding the registry. anyone that can't see that is being obtuse.

i never said its right, they allowed them and now dont...well thats the atf for you. we all know how they operate so either comply or resist.

you said you have stamps, then why are bitching so hard? you are all ready allowing yourself to be a subject. if you practice what you preach then you should not fall into to their game of registration. be the bass ass outlaw that you think you are ffs.

just because some of us see braces for what they are, doesnt make anyone a fudd or glowie. the rest of your are just boomers yelling at clouds.

Reactions: culater
It's a tax written in federal law. They don't have the legal authority to say you don't owe it, but just like all our federal government these days, they can just decide not to enforce the law. Open borders, top secret information violations, tax evasion, stolen elections.. laws only have meaning when they want to enforce them.
Of all the 182 things to hate in this new rule ... I would have listed "Fear of Tax Stamp Waiver Revocation" somewhere near the bottom of the list. Maybe I'm wrong.

THIS QUESTION;
To all of the asshats saying "pIsToL bRaCeS aRe a wOrKaRoUnD foR aN sBr." Fuck you, the NFA and the ATF in its entirety are work arounds for your basic human rights that the COTUS says the government has no business interfering in. I've been browsing this thread and seen it no less than 3 times. Wasn't aware of all the fuddery on the hide.

its a workaround because it creates an SBR without registration. your question has nothing to do with how things are now, regarding the registry. anyone that can't see that is being obtuse.

i never said its right, they allowed them and now dont...well thats the atf for you. we all know how they operate so either comply or resist.

you said you have stamps, then why are bitching so hard? you are all ready allowing yourself to be a subject. if you practice what you preach then you should not fall into to their game of registration. be the bass ass outlaw that you think you are ffs.

just because some of us see braces for what they are, doesnt make anyone a fudd or glowie. the rest of your are just boomers yelling at clouds.

download-1.jpg

Yall gotta get a better game.

Hey, are you the agent in the video they posted on Farcebook, selling fuel filters?

the paranoia here really runs deep. i haven't advocated anything illegal or otherwise. just my .02 on what braces where designed for. i had scorpion with a brace for awhile.

just because i have a 10 yr old account and came back here now, dont mean shit. i was on arfcom all those years but its safe space mentality and retarded members got me booted. this place is apparently about the same or atleast the bear pit crowd. atleast you can call someone an asshole here and not get in trouble...so there's that. (y)

the paranoia here really runs deep. i haven't advocated anything illegal or otherwise. just my .02 on what braces where designed for. i had scorpion with a brace for awhile.

just because i have a 10 yr old account and came back here now, dont mean shit. i was on arfcom all those years but its safe space mentality and retarded members got me booted. this place is apparently about the same or atleast the bear pit crowd. atleast you can call someone an asshole here and not get in trouble...so there's that. (y)

Still have no idea what you have posted that makes you incredibly suspicious do you?
I sure as hell am not gonna educate you...hell I'm to fuckin stu..stu..stupid to educate anyone.

Reactions: BigTex
Only issue there (or at least one issue) is that you cannot transfer a NFA item (now including a braces "SBR") without all the crap associated with NFA compliance. SBR'ing it just to sell it is a waste of time, in my opinion. And as for selling the braces ... they're going into the spare parts crates in the garage.
So you are sending in pics of SBR, fingerprints, photos of yourself and your address of an illegal firearm. When in the history have you been able to possess an NFA item without the stamp.

That's entrapment.....and people are falling for it.

Good luck with all that. I'm sure it will end well for everyone.

Doc