• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PISTOL BRACE

There's no way to win at this point, except to go back to pre-brace life and make sure you do not own anything, or combination of things that could be constructed to make an SBR. Before braces were around, no one wanted to own an upper with a barrel < 16" because even if you just put it in your safe, etc. you were risking getting in trouble by having the items to easily construct an SBR.

Once you take into account the ATF redefining things at will, just removing the and even destroying the brace, means you still probably have all the parts (assuming you own an 16" AR with a non-brace stock) to construct an SBR in minutes in your possession and likely within close proximity.

So let's say you own a braced 8" pistol AR, you remove and destroy the brace, but you also own a 16" AR. Given what we've seen and all the concern about the ATF redefining things and changing the rules on whims, how long before the ATF decides it's not okay just removing and destroying the brace, when in less than a minute you could slap that 8" upper on your other AR and construct an SBR?

Anyone that owns a braced gun with a <16" barrel that also owns another gun with a fixed stock that can exchange lowers/uppers, should also be very concerned about the ATF deciding that you can all too easy construct an SBR out of things you have in your possession.
No there is.......fuck the AFT. They don't make laws.....I WONT comply......period.

If it comes down to it.....my family knows what to do and so do I.......

Doc

Wow you sound like a cuck….Live your life don’t be worried about the ATF showing up at your door. If they do don’t answer a single question and unless they have a warrant tell them they are trespassing and even if they do still don’t talk. I am going to live my life and use my legally bought items at my leisure. Everyone else should do the same!
I'm not worried about the ATF showing up, I'm am however amused by the amount of sky is falling paranoia that always is in these forums/posts on the ATF showing up and destroying people's lives and how illogical it is to be paranoid about one scenario with the ATF, but not about others. For example all the fear and paranoia about how the ATF is going to kick down your door if you register your braced pistol we see in all these posts, and how it's a trap, yet no one is worried about the fact that even if you toss the brace away the ATF could just as easily decide all those "pistol" uppers you have laying around could easily go on your AR "rifles" and make SBR's in seconds, but somehow those same folks think you'll be safe as long as you tell the nice officers you lost them all in a boating accident. :rolleyes:

I guess that's why they call it paranoia, it's illogical.

Last edited:
What does it say? I can’t watch right now.
Basically the 5th Circuit has made an injunction for a few individuals saying that this is unconstitutional. The content creator believes that this will lead the way for this to become unconstitutional through out the US, but it will take time.

The break down is GOA is trying to use the last injunction to say that their injunction should be granted. HR 44 would nullify the rule by the ATF. However, it wont get through the Senate let alone FJB signing it. It is more so that the courts can see that the Congress didn't grant the ATF the ability to change the law. Basically it's just strategy if it gets to the supreme court.

Last edited:
Reactions: atomic41
Another injunction filed today for the 2AF but once again, it only includes the plaintiffs, which is some BS.
I filed a couple of Form 1s - VZ.61 and a 5.56 pistol. Dems were smart... Jim Jordan was kicking ass and taking names with the ATF, so they hauled Trump into court and got Jim Jordan to play Whack-A-Mole. Because of that, It looks like we are running out of time.

I filed a couple of Form 1s - VZ.61 and a 5.56 pistol. Dems were smart... Jim Jordan was kicking ass and taking names with the ATF, so they hauled Trump into court and got Jim Jordan to play Whack-A-Mole. Because of that, It looks like we are running out of time.
I would have to venture to say that there are millions and millions out there that either do not know about this or simply don’t care, regardless of the theatre and games played..

I would have to venture to say that there are millions and millions out there that either do not know about this or simply don’t care, regardless of the theatre and games played..

Yes exactly and I bet there are a lot in the "don't care" camp that have decided to just go ahead and put a stock on it because fuck the AFT - if it's now a SBR, then it's a SBR. I've heard this said by a few people now so I'm guessing it's a natural gut reaction that is fairly common and will lead people to take action in a way that they would not normally.

I put a 16" barrel on a friends brace, while it went well, he's got a silly 16" 9mm braced gun. Shook my head.

Yes exactly and I bet there are a lot in the "don't care" camp that have decided to just go ahead and put a stock on it because fuck the AFT - if it's now a SBR, then it's a SBR. I've heard this said by a few people now so I'm guessing it's a natural gut reaction that is fairly common and will lead people to take action in a way that they would not normally.

If I'm "breaking the law".......might as well wring that mutha fucka clean off.
robert-redford-jeremiah-johnson (1).gif

From the FPC News Release:

NEW ORLEANS, LA (May 26, 2023) — Today, Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) released a statement on the Fifth Circuit’s Order clarifying that the Injunction Pending Appeal in Mock v. Garland applies to FPC’s members, Maxim Defense’s customers, and the individual plaintiffs’ resident family members. The order, along with other case documents, can be viewed at FPCLaw.org.

Here is the order:

https://assets.nationbuilder.com/fi...er_on_Motion_for_Clarification.pdf?1685129339

Here is an application to join the FPC:

From the FPC News Release:

NEW ORLEANS, LA (May 26, 2023) — Today, Firearms Policy Coalition (FPC) released a statement on the Fifth Circuit’s Order clarifying that the Injunction Pending Appeal in Mock v. Garland applies to FPC’s members, Maxim Defense’s customers, and the individual plaintiffs’ resident family members. The order, along with other case documents, can be viewed at FPCLaw.org.

Here is the order:

https://assets.nationbuilder.com/fi...er_on_Motion_for_Clarification.pdf?1685129339

Here is an application to join the FPC:

Yeah that’s some bullshit. So our rights are pay for play now? How the fuck is this winning? Not acceptable.

Yeah that’s some bullshit. So our rights are pay for play now? How the fuck is this winning? Not acceptable.
At least it's an organization that fights for our rights. I renewed my membership, and every little bit helps.

Just joining isn't too much to ask to be covered by the injunction.

Quotation-Samuel-Adams-If-ye-love-wealth-better-than-liberty-the-tranquility-of-34-86-06.jpg

We are engaged in very, very, very serious LAWFARE. Criminals go unprosecuted and good folks go to prison. That is what is FUBAR'd my friend.

I will financially support the folks that can fight the fight in the courts because I cannot.

I agree. They should get some donations but the fact that we are having to do this for innate rights is bullshit and I don’t like the way this is marketed. Our rights are nonnegotiable. Period. This is not winning. Where does it end?
It ends with one of the parties in prison. God willing, it ain't gonna be me!

Meh, seems to me FPC is becoming the NRA. Biggest hint, you shouldn’t have to be having these battles for innate rights, nor paying people to exercise them. Are we free or are we not? Do we have rights or do we have permissions? Doesnt say anything in the 2A about having to do any of this. That’s my stance.

Meh, seems to me FPC is becoming the NRA. Biggest hint, you shouldn’t have to be having these battles for innate rights, nor paying people to exercise them. Are we free or are we not? Do we have rights or do we have permissions? Doesnt say anything in the 2A about having to do any of this. That’s my stance.

Kind of a simplistic approach to a very hairy/scary topic. You do you.

If you are scared of your own gov, then our system without a doubt has failed to do the very thing it was intended to do.

You guys think if you go to the range and a cop pulls you over that he is going to know about this and check your FPC membership card and all be fine? 😂🤣

What are trying to say? Your first two posts, above, seem to imply that you would walk down Pennsylvania Avenue in D.C. with a FA SBR slung over your shoulder because it's your right and the consequences be damned.

Then your last posting, above, implies that we should all be afraid of LEOs and that a piece of paper, like the injunction, won't save us.

I'm not trying to pick a fight but really don't understand what you're implying?

Are you saying that we shouldn't bother fighting in the courts and should resort to open rebelllion?

Are you saying we should not do anything and lie prostrate while the government tramples on us?

From just reading your posts it appears that your saying that we're damned if we don't do something and we're damned if we do something?

I'd like to know if you have a better solution.

Reactions: charbroiled
I have to believe that this preliminary injunction will open the door for an all-encompassing injunction that includes us all. The shitty part is, the case has to be brought properly and worded properly, and then the judge actually has to have the nuts to rule that way.

Until that happens, I really have to be in agreement with SilentStalkr.

Totally my opinion, but I think mass non-compliance does more than people think. I don’t know. It’s all extremely frustrating. I also realize none of us can afford to catch a stupid charge because we want to keep a piece of plastic on something with a barrel less than 16”.

Part of me like 99.99% says fuck the ATF I will continue to use my legally bought products and I don't give a fuck what happens in the courts.
The other 00.01% knows that if it becomes law then most likely all manufactures will quit making said products which will in return mean that in time said products will be very hard to almost impossible to get and overall, that just sucks for the 2A and all of us.

I wouldn't be surprised, and I'm not a lawyer, and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn last night, if only members that were part of FPC at the time of the injunction (not joined after) would be covered. Either way I bet FPC's membership fund is very pleased with all those new sign ups and their membership marketing strategy.

With this horrible shit stain new “rule” now having a injunction against it - for FPC , members and Maximum defense and customers AND the 9-0 epa lose at SCOTUS because they simply can’t make up new bullshit insane rules - treat them as laws and include criminal penalties to accompany said new rules .
I’d really like to see this insane heavy handed unconstitutional act being struck down by the courts led to the repeal of the NFA and the GCA . Both terrible and unconstitutional and should have been challenged in court every year until they were destroyed.
I don’t have much faith in the courts /justice industry but it’s what I’d like to see.

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised, and I'm not a lawyer, and I didn't stay in a Holiday Inn last night, if only members that were part of FPC at the time of the injunction (not joined after) would be covered. Either way I bet FPC's membership fund is very pleased with all those new sign ups and their membership marketing strategy.
I must confess, that I let my membership lapse. However, I signed up again yesterday.

With that said, if I'm not covered, it doesn't matter as I was happy to donate to a great organization that fights for our rights instead of buying new suits for its leaders.

You guys think if you go to the range and a cop pulls you over that he is going to know about this and check your FPC membership card and all be fine? 😂🤣

Again, this appears to be a very simplistic approach to a very complicated issue. Tell you what, I'll wait until you march down Pennsylvania Ave with your pistol that has the nasty illegal pistol brace on it. Once you tell them all about the 2A, I'm sure the LE in Washington DC will run away and make the ATF remove those mean words from their illegal proclamation. Let me know when you're going, I'll watch the news.

Reactions: Longshot231
Something very interesting is brewing in the background on this. At least one of the 2A groups is talking about this (I forget which one). This can lead to a serious NFA challenge because of "in common use" of shorter barrels. When Massie asked the chief AFT thug, "how many people have registered" and the answer was, "I don't know", this was important to note. They don't want you to know because it will become clear real quick that these are in common use.

If pistol braces end up being considered SBRs while installed, then SBRs are without a doubt in very common use. The AFT's assault on the 2A is leading to a big backfire on them. There is potential to challenge the NFA/SBR with the current SCOTUS bench and the right people are looking at it.

Again, this appears to be a very simplistic approach to a very complicated issue. Tell you what, I'll wait until you march down Pennsylvania Ave with your pistol that has the nasty illegal pistol brace on it. Once you tell them all about the 2A, I'm sure the LE in Washington DC will run away and make the ATF remove those mean words from their illegal proclamation. Let me know when you're going, I'll watch the news.
Yer funny.

Reactions: armorpl8chikn
Being 45 years in age and given the fact I started shooting in Boy Scouts, I've given money to many pro 2A groups thru the years. Even though my local gun club is NRA affiliated, I helped get the Board to recognize non NRA Memberships. I have not cared about a single pro 2A group after talking with GOA. GOA is not too far behind the NRA when it comes to helping out Clubs. Most of these 2A groups are just a profit center like BLM.

Since I have 7 pistol braces, my first being 10yrs old, I figured why not help the little guy who told the ATF to pound sand. A $200 tax stamp on an SBR is ridiculous, as It can no longer be carried loaded in my vehicle. While I live in Michigan, I would rather push back on
our current Political Hacks than just roll over.