• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pistol case belling on Hornady LNL?

jetracer013

Private
Minuteman
May 13, 2014
Philadelphia PA
Hello all, I'm about to ditch my dillon powder dispenser in favor of the Hornady, on my 750. I have this setup for rifle which is a huge improvement in noise and spilled powder. Anywho, does the LNL case activated powder drop bell the case (pistol) or is this done on another station?

Thanks for any help.

You can get powder through expanders for the Hornandy case activated measure.

I run it on my lee classic turret for a few pistol calibers and it works well when set up.

Hello all, I'm about to ditch my dillon powder dispenser in favor of the Hornady, on my 750. I have this setup for rifle which is a huge improvement in noise and spilled powder. Anywho, does the LNL case activated powder drop bell the case (pistol) or is this done on another station?

Thanks for any help.
Separate, use the expander die for that.

Reactions: jetracer013
Also take a look at double alpha — they make a powder thru expander that is a lot like the lyman M die
It will be in their Mr. bullet feeder section

I load a lot of pistol rounds, On my Hornady LNL press I expand in the the station before the powder measure. I use the Lee expander die, it seems to work better for me.

I bought my lnl over a Dillion because of the power drop and I use the powder through expander since I use a powder cop and a bullet feeder. They work perfect and they are super easy to tune with the set screws on the turnbuckle part. I will say that every full hopper of powder (1000ish rounds 9mm) you should take the expander part out and clean the funk off of it, it keeps it smoother. I use that dry cleaner/lube Hornady makes for this. In fact I make a point to clean my press every 1000 pistol rounds during big sessions (I usually do 2-2500 at a time a couple times a year) I really think that’s why folks talk shit about the lnl compared to the Dillion they let it get to dirty and then it does weird stuff. Lol. But I’m probably 20k rounds into my powder through die, I’ve never “re-set it up” just cleaned it. Another thing buy the micro meter powder adjuster, it works exceptionally well, very repeatable.

cfepistol is the best metering powder I’ve ever put through my machine, it only varies .06gr over 50 drops.....I think that’s really good.

Reactions: SWprotected