• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pistol load: Glock 34 Gen 5 with 147 gr projectiles

fyaman43

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Jul 28, 2020
SLC, UT
Not rifle related but folks here seem to know...

Looking for a 147gr projectile/load for my Glock 34 gen 5. Read that these are somewhat finicky with 147s feeding-wise. Any suggestions out there? Thanks!

I dont have a G34, but my pet 9mm uspsa/3gun load is: 3.5 gr VV N320, 147gr Montana Gold CMJ, 1.125

Should be pretty close to 130 PF in a 5 in barrel. Not sure how hard VV powder is to find these days though.

Reactions: fyaman43
I’ve had great luck with Zero 147jhp’s and Titegroup (3.4-3.6gr) getting about 960fps

Now to just find some 147s of said brands in stock *ANYWHERE*.... hmm...

I have a G17 and I have settled on 124s. I like the added speed when hitting steel plates. Feels like it knocks them down better when I'm closer to Power factor... which is probably totally false. But I like it

Check out Vectan BA9. Its nkt as widely used/known. Its made by Nobel Sport in France. Might be easier getting an offshore powder since DOD probably hasnt contracted it and people here don't haveblet loads with it.

I tun a 124gr coated lead over 4.8gr, gets me like 1070fps, which is like 132pf, which is about 5% cushion, which some consider to be a lot... 2 reasons for that.... I live in the desert, so if I shoot a match where its like 40 degrees, I don't want it to slow down to under PF. Two, I used to shoot PPC matches out to 50 yards and I ended up sticking with the extra velocity cuz I was used to it. If you want to do 147, knock that back at least a grain to 3.5 and see what that does for ya velocity wise.

Last edited:
I run Speer 147 TMJs with 3.7gr of VV N320 at 1.142 COAL with Fiocchi lead free primers. Accurate, light(er) recoil and very clean burning

I've ran Chey Cast in my .38 loads and really like them. They have 147gr in stock for $80/1000

I recently bought a sample pack of their 115gr 9mm and they seem good to go. Good thick coating of Hi-Tek.