• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Pistol Scopes Help?

Dewey7271

Boring old bastard
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2014
    Central Ohio
    Picked up a couple Rugers (454 and 480, 7.5 barrels) and due to crappy aging eyes need to scope em. They're obviously going to have a little jump to them and I don't want to be sending scopes back for repair all the time.
    Budget is pretty open. Mainly hunting pistols with max probably 100-150 but will probably play on my home steel with them just for grins.
    Any recommendations gratefully accepted and thanks in advance!

edit: Will probably use the Ruger rings unless you guys have a better idea

Last edited:
    I've used both the Weaver 2.5-8x28 and if you can find one the Simmons Gold Medal 2.5-7 on my 454. Both held up great. I took the off the 454 and used then on my 309JDJ and my old 375JDJ.

Burris. I've seen those things take some serious abuse from large magnum calibers like 500S&W, 454 Casull, etc. Just make sure you buy premium rings. If not, they'll allow the scope to slip and damage the scope.

i like low power scopes, have had pistol models in nikon, leupold, burris, simmons. cant go wrong with a leupold, but the simmons and the burris aint bad either. simmons probably is hte most bang for your buck....but if price aint a factor, i'd go with leupold for pistol scopes.

i sure wish someone would make a pistol scope in the vien of the super sniper but in a low power pistol scope. 2x or 3x fixed. i even emailed swfa about it...that would be the titties for a 7/30.

yes they do....and i have one riding a 7/30 waters. i have shot to 200 wicked accurately with it. i had a leupold on a 30/30 contender barrel years ago, and that was wicked accurate, too.