Rifle Scopes  Pistol Scopes Help?

Dewey7271

Carpe omnia
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Feb 27, 2014
    Central Ohio
    Picked up a couple Rugers (454 and 480, 7.5 barrels) and due to crappy aging eyes need to scope em. They're obviously going to have a little jump to them and I don't want to be sending scopes back for repair all the time.
    Budget is pretty open. Mainly hunting pistols with max probably 100-150 but will probably play on my home steel with them just for grins.
    Any recommendations gratefully accepted and thanks in advance!

edit: Will probably use the Ruger rings unless you guys have a better idea

Last edited:

6gunner

Sergeant
    Supporter
    Minuteman
  • Mar 6, 2017
    CO
    I've used both the Weaver 2.5-8x28 and if you can find one the Simmons Gold Medal 2.5-7 on my 454. Both held up great. I took the off the 454 and used then on my 309JDJ and my old 375JDJ.

JMGlasgow

Old Salt
    Minuteman
  • Apr 13, 2012
    Cheyenne, WY
    Burris. I've seen those things take some serious abuse from large magnum calibers like 500S&W, 454 Casull, etc. Just make sure you buy premium rings. If not, they'll allow the scope to slip and damage the scope.

myronman3

deez nuts
    Minuteman
    Mar 24, 2017
    Ft. Benning School for Wayward Boys
    i like low power scopes, have had pistol models in nikon, leupold, burris, simmons. cant go wrong with a leupold, but the simmons and the burris aint bad either. simmons probably is hte most bang for your buck....but if price aint a factor, i'd go with leupold for pistol scopes.

i sure wish someone would make a pistol scope in the vien of the super sniper but in a low power pistol scope. 2x or 3x fixed. i even emailed swfa about it...that would be the titties for a 7/30.