• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Pizza Pizza

Is that the Jets Pizza around Detroit /St Claire Shores MI ? Daughter used to live there , awesome for a chain store👍 Damn good salad too. 🍻
Don’t get much choice in Arkansas.
Not since Fayetteville's King Pizza anyways. That place was crazy good, started out of a wheel/hubcap shop in the 70's.

• Love
Reactions: Sandhog308
Not since Fayetteville's King Pizza anyways. That place was crazy good, started out of a wheel/hubcap shop in the 70's.
They have some decent pies up there ! 👍 Lot of choices at least.
Had ribs at Hermans couple of weeks ago , Really tasty….place looks the same as it did in the 60’s-70’s. 🍻
There was a Razorback Pizza (go figure ) on 71-N / College Ave in the 70’s , ahead of the buffet craze. Awesome fresh pizza , cheap for then. Loved Fayetteville, not the same anymore though. Tooo many people & traffic.

Last edited:
Reactions: nikonNUT
Worcester pizza made by any place that sells Baklava for dessert is the best. Burned on top

Sirhr
This is giving me flashbacks of the $3 Tech Pizzas on Tuesdays. I never did find a place I really liked in Worcester though unfortunately.

I have a place that does pizzas with sourdough which is good, still need to go to Sally’s in New Haven but never felt like waiting 45 minutes in line.

Reactions: sirhrmechanic
Sally’s, pepe’s, modern, top 3 for me. I don’t even like pizza after being spoiled by the latter in New Haven as a kid

Reactions: seansmd
384734431_1396216350927630_7732697562201450116_n.jpeg

Peanut butter and strawberry jam with marshmallow cream.

I will say this… even the really good local places… the crust has “changed” in the last few years. Since post covid or covid.

Not sure if taste or texture. But not as good. Lacks flavor. Almost as if the flour is just so processed that it is more like cardboard than a bread/wheat product that one should taste. Crust should have a real flavor!

Or I am getting older and my ability to taste good the way I once did is aging… is that a thing?

But pizza crust seems… different. Something to do with wheat varieties in flour? Are pizza companies buying pre-made dough and it’s all industrial and generic? Post covid drop off in flour quality (or price so high that companies are buying lower grades?) Anomaly in my area?

Though I have noticed while traveling, too.

Also, I never get pizza at chain places. Can’t remember last time I had any Big chain pizza. Even when traveling, always find mom and pop. So dough thing not a chain or mega-pizza chain thing. Though do remember Last “chain” pizza I had was probably Donatos 2019 in OH. And it seemed fine. And it’s a small chain.

Well, just wondering if anyone else has noticed.

Sirhr

PS… I expect “generic semi-cardboard reprocessed wood chips” in a Dominos death disk…. And can’t remember my last Pizza Hit visit But expect good crust in a real pizzeria pizza.
Covid got yer taste buds, bud. 🤪

Covid got yer taste buds, bud. 🤪
It is possible! I did consider that.

But most everything else I taste fine. Just had an amazing dinner to end my MC trip and the flavors, blends, wine... amazing.

So I don't think my taste buds are busted... But ya never know!

At least if I die of heart failure, it will be from Pepperoni and Cheese... not vaxx!

Sirhr

In spring 1988 passing through NYC I had pizza in Famous Ray’s of the Village at about midnight.

Watched skinheads doing lines of coke off one of the tables.

Pizza was mediocre at best.

The ambiance was priceless!!!

Sirhr
If you like that atmosphere try the last run of the late night Staten Island Ferry.

• Haha
Reactions: sirhrmechanic
What do you guys eat . What do you guys Luv .
There's this place called DeLorenzo's in Hamilton NJ that is heaven . Tomatoes Pie . They started out in Chambersburg / Trenton NJ .
Got another place local to me in Pa. that makes an addictive White Pizza with garlic .
Gotta say that in all the States I've been too Jersey has the best and in all it's variations .
Whatta you guys got ?
Being from nj, I can say our gun laws are shit but food here, pizza included is fantastic. There may be a select pizzeria in a state here or there that’s great but this state does pizza better then Anyplace including nyc. There’s a reason chain pizza places don’t survive here and you can have 5-10 pizzerias per town and they all keep succeeding.

Reactions: Alphatreedog
Have you tied the knot yet?

Not sure why I talk to a commie, even online, and no.
Not been engaged quite 2 months.
She wants the whole shebang, so gotta do some drinki, I mean planning, I guess.

I said.
1: friends and family
2: pastor
3: kegs and whisky
4 BBQ
5: good band.

Not sure what else there is to plan besides getting my nuts snipped to avoid any more little squirrels. 😎

And shut the heck up about the pineapple!!!
It dont go on pizza!!! 🤣

• Love
Reactions: Jscb1b
If we are being honest, most pizza restaurants are junk.

There's the odd one that can make really good pizza, but they seem to be few and far between. I've found very few places in my vicinity that makes a good pizza. And the one that does, is incredibly inconsistent.

Definitely worth it to make your own pizza, but it's definitely a labor of love.
All most all of it comes down to ingredients. Most places buy cheap shit so it tastes like shit.

You can either make your own sauce or buy it canned from the GOOD places in NY who use San Marzano tomatos. You can use really high quality flour from non us sourced GMO, or the cheap shit. You can use high quality cheese or the stuff that turns to oil (since its mostly oil) when it cooks. ect ect.

Most don't know how to make a good dough. They dont know how to properly ferment and its why you get big doughy pizza instead of nice crispy crust.

My buddy owns a bunch of shops all over the US and the best food trucks in DC. Their pizzas cost about $25-30 because they import all the best ingredients, and you can tell by the taste. If you are closer to NY/NJ/CT, you can get a similar pizza for much cheaper due to ingredient cost and not having to ship it across country.

Then there is the labor. Hiring morons at min wage gets you just that. Needs to be some QC/QA in place which is why most really good places only have 1 or 2 guys making pizza and doing the prep work. It doesn't take much to ruin a batch of dough.

My wife and I are super pizza snobs and pretty much follow Dave Portnoy's style. Now we are back on easy coast its much easier to find good pizza, but lots of places are just shit man.

If you like making pizza, pick up this book set. Its expensive but probably the best resource out there. My homeboy who owns the pizza shops reads this thing like the bible:

Reactions: kthomas
The best pizza comes out on NYC. I think its the taste of the fresh off the boat goombah's sweat dripping onto the pie. Once you cross the Hudson everything changes.
The whole region. New Haven, NJ, NY. Lots of Italian immigrants and their decedents. Good pipeline to the best ingredients in Italy and the US. People who take pride in their craft. You can get still get great pizza the further you get away but it gets harder.

Reactions: Maggot
Being from nj, I can say our gun laws are shit but food here, pizza included is fantastic. There may be a select pizzeria in a state here or there that’s great but this state does pizza better then Anyplace including nyc. There’s a reason chain pizza places don’t survive here and you can have 5-10 pizzerias per town and they all keep succeeding.
Just talking to a guy in work about the Giant Slices on the Seaside Heights Boardwalk . Man Wild Wood used to have some pretty good Giant Slices as well .

One correction @Alphatreedog , it’s pronounced “Sleazeside” Heights 🤣.

During summer it was pretty common for us to drive down Friday night, hang out, crash in the cars for a few hours, and pay $1 to shower on the boardwalk in the morning. Was always a quick way to tell whose girlfriend was going to make the cut.

Best: Hound Dogs in Columbus
Next Best: Park Street Pizza in Sugarcreek and North Canton.

I love pizza(and spaghetti) but if I eat it I’m a shit factory with a big deadline to meet for 3 days. I hate all of you lol

What do you guys eat . What do you guys Luv .
There's this place called DeLorenzo's in Hamilton NJ that is heaven . Tomatoes Pie . They started out in Chambersburg / Trenton NJ .
Got another place local to me in Pa. that makes an addictive White Pizza with garlic .
Gotta say that in all the States I've been too Jersey has the best and in all it's variations .
Whatta you guys got ?
Since you are in the right AO…and Man do I miss the food…here are my local favorites. Bear in mind, I moved 3 years ago so my info for 2 and 3 may be dated. 1 ain’t going anywhere.

1. Covellos on South Broad St in Trenton. Get the Brooklyn pie. Best pizza ever.
2. It’s Nuts on River Rd near Washington’s Crossing. Tomato pie as good as Dilorenzos…but get the Pesto Pizza…as long as you like ricotta .
3. Spatolas in New Hope. The Old Fashion. This one has fresh mozzarella and basil. Also…and I know its blasphemy…get the chicken bacon ranch.

Just had some amazing wood fired pizza at a place called Ovn in Bellingham, WA. This is stop #1 en route to a cruise ship in Vancouver. It’s expensive but, at least the one I had, amazing

Jets Pizza is my favorite. Nice thick deep dish.

Great, now I'm hungry. 🤣
Say you're from Michigan without saying you're from Michigan. :LOL:

@Sandhog308 The proper pronunciation for Fayetteville is "Little Dallas" these days. I HATE trying to navigate my way to Centerton on a Friday night. What a shit show!

• Haha
Reactions: JoshPutman