• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Member Link Up Places to shoot in NC

Re: Places to shoot in NC

Haven't been on the sight for a while now and read an earlier post saying you could shoot at Camp Lejuene. You cannot just drive there and start shooting but there is a club that host long range matches on base http://coastalcarolinarifleclub.com/ That's a pretty long drive from Winston Salem but it really is a nice range and some of the matches go out to 1000 yds. and they have several matches a year. Check the link out and see if thats something you would be interested in.

I live between Burlington and Mebane. Once my rifle is finished I'd love to meet up with some of y'all to help me out.

You've got Camp Butner 30 mins away. Look up North State Shooting Club... a universe of knowledge there. It may not be exactly tactical but you get to practice the fundamentals and read the wind. I plan to make it out to some of the days in the future and shoot F-class off of my regular bipod.

Lets all make a day of it. haha
I'm building a 28'' 300 WM
Hart barrel
McMillan Prone stock
etc..

Let us know when you have that gun finished... there seems to be something going on somewhere almost every weekend. I just shot in Maxton this weekend and they plan to have more shoots there.

I just joined Hawk's Ridge (near North Wilkesboro) which has 1000 yd benchrest only facility. They are looking to add members at a more than reasonable price. (PM me for details). That would be a great place to warm up that 300WM.

I hope to have in don't in the next few months. I should be back from the smith in a few weeks, then I just have to get glass rings and mount. Then a bunch of rounds loaded up. Being currently unemployed, I don't know where I'm going to get the money for it.

Does anyone have a contact number for camp butner. I don't know if my google-fu is weak or what but I couldn't find anything when I tried to get ahold of a phone #.

Thanks in advance.

Being a National Guard training post, I don't think its open to the public. They only sponsor matches. I may be completely wrong, but thats the way I understand it.