• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Plate carrier suggestions

Sincerd

Drone
Minuteman
Dec 29, 2019
Freestate
What are you buying if you only want plates and maybe 3 mags. Specifically what carrier and what plates?

I don't really have the time to geek out on all the intricacies but I do want to something to throw in the closet just in case.

Screenshot_20220413-130950_Gmail.jpg

You’re going to have to give a budget, otherwise you’ll get answers from $400 to $1400

I've got a velocity systems scarab and hesco 4401 plates. I'm no operator or anything but I use the PC as a weight vest when for running and shoot two gun matches with it. Its well padded and pretty comfortable to run with and wear for several hours.

Reactions: FatBoy
Crye Precision JPC 2.0 with their MOLLE 3 mag insert, a Ferro Concepts Dangler (to put your IFAK) and A&A Tactical shoulder pads with Hesco 3810s or Hesco 4800s for plates.

If you want something a bit more structural then swap the JPC 2.0 for a Crye Precision AVS with harness.

First spear- first on carrier
Ferro concepts- slickster

Whatever plates you want that fit those carriers.

I’d look at a Ferro Slickter. As mentioned, Crye. I run a Velocity Systems for the padding but I also run a Mayflower Gen4 placard so there’s no hiding this bitch and at my size if I run it under a Hoodie I’d look like Grimace. Placards are infinite. Spiritus, Blue Force, etc are all good and collapse down small when empty.

I’m certainly no plate expert but I do know ounces add to pounds and pounds add to pain. Buy as light a plate that you can afford and still fits the threat you are most likely to encounter. Someone is going to pop in and say if you’re not buying $1000 per plate level 4s you’re retarded. Fuck that. Buy what you can afford and fits the bill then train in it. Some asshole like me can still shoot you in the pelvis, then the head while you’re down so don’t get too wrapped up in every threat scenario.

I still get the Ninja looks when I train in my shit at the range or do cardio, etc but who gives a shit. That said, guys training in full kit is not nearly as unusual as it used to be. If you’ve never done it, training in plates sucks. Be ready to embrace the suck….

I’d look at a Ferro Slickter. As mentioned, Crye. I run a Velocity Systems for the padding but I also run a Mayflower Gen4 placard so there’s no hiding this bitch and at my size if I run it under a Hoodie I’d look like Grimace. Placards are infinite. Spiritus, Blue Force, etc are all good and collapse down small when empty.

I’m certainly no plate expert but I do know ounces add to pounds and pounds add to pain. Buy as light a plate that you can afford and still fits the threat you are most likely to encounter. Someone is going to pop in and say if you’re not buying $1000 per plate level 4s you’re retarded. Fuck that. Buy what you can afford and fits the bill then train in it. Some asshole like me can still shoot you in the pelvis, then the head while you’re down so don’t get too wrapped up in every threat scenario.

I still get the Ninja looks when I train in my shit at the range or do cardio, etc but who gives a shit. That said, guys training in full kit is not nearly as unusual as it used to be. If you’ve never done it, training in plates sucks. Be ready to embrace the suck….
I use my PC for 2Gun competition, so doing cardio and practicing odd position drills with it on is basically a must.

I’ve never really understood the looks at folks who are wearing gear. We have enough external problems as a shooting sports community to spend time and effort judging each other.

Reactions: FatBoy
I use my PC for 2Gun competition, so doing cardio and practicing odd position drills with it on is basically a must.

I’ve never really understood the looks at folks who are wearing gear. We have enough external problems as a shooting sports community to spend time and effort judging each other.

I agree, but I won’t use a public range anymore. I’d rather pay $500 a year in fees than be out there with some of the general population. I know that’s somewhat elitist, and I am by no means a wealthy person - cash wise - , but after being muzzle swept the 2nd time I was done. I don’t use certain indoor pistol ranges for the same shit.

I agree, but I won’t use a public range anymore. I’d rather pay $500 a year in fees than be out there with some of the general population. I know that’s somewhat elitist, and I am by no means a wealthy person - cash wise - , but after being muzzle swept the 2nd time I was done. I don’t use certain indoor pistol ranges for the same shit.
that’s not being elitist, that’s s a safety issue. Same reason I don’t. usually minimal ceasefire discipline, no RSO or minimum presence. Some people need the 4 rules engraved on their forehead

I was given a BLACKWATER PC. No markings in/on it aside from a BLACKWATER label. Molle covered, and very well stitched.

I've never seen them anywhere. Anyone have any info?

I got a BDS Tactical V-Ops carrier. Super comfortable, quality construction and made in the US of A.

How do you find a place? I haven't yet. I got kicked out of a local Facebook group for asking if anyone had arranged for rent. Craigslist remove my post. It's just really hard to find anywhere with all the censorship.

I live in TN. We’re filthy with good private ranges. Beyond that, I ran a long range NRA program for 10 years so I, at least was, plugged in with a lot of people who enjoy accurate long range shooting.

One really good private/public range is Dead Zero in Spenser. The KD range is exceptional. They have typical pubic range rules for the pistol and carbine ranges but you have to draw a line when anyone can pay and use the range.