• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Plate Size - Pls Help

Slick ზენ Söze

Private
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2023
Delaware
Hello Guys,
Need help - my Scarab LT Large takes plates 1” thick max.

Ive looked for plates Level 3+ 10.25x13.25 (SAPI) ceramic+PE but all I could find is around 1” thick and the manufacturers indicate that they may be a bit thicker too when I get them, .125” for example.

There are large SAPI plates .9” thick somewhere out there, I just could not find any reputable website selling them.

I dont want to to pay $300+ just to find out that I cant jam the damn thing into the carrier.

Please share any good website that sells these plates.

Thank you in advance!

Last edited:
You can find Hesco plates just under the 1" (.98 or something) but you might look at special rifle threat rated as those would be closer to 1/2". Not sure what your budget is but to get decent plates at the 3+ rating that is not pushing 1" is going to get expensive. Not sure what your needs are either but you more than likely don't need 3+ unless you are planning on just standing and taking rounds to the chest repeatedly. Get some rifle coverage but being able to move is more of a deterrent to eating rounds than having 1.5" thick plates that will fatigue you quicker.

DSG Arms has always been good for plates in my experience.

DSG Arms Hesco Plates

I’ve got some HighcomArmor. They are good quality, but you will have heavy plates, at that price.