• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Please help...Price check of sorts...

Groundedclk

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2007
Tilton, New Hampshire, USA
At a local gun store this is what I found and want to know if the price is good as well if anyone here owned it. The appoximate age of the rifle.

-Surgeon action
-Large bolt knob
-Fluted bolt
-McMillan A5 stock
-Krieger 1.3" dia fluted barrel
-Jewell trigger
-Woodland camo

I called Surgeon to see could tell me anything, they said it was sent to G.A.P., so I called them and they can not look it up by the serial number only the person it was built for and I obviously dont know that.

Any light you can shed?

Here is a pic of it
12656-1.jpg

Re: Please help...Price check of sorts...

If it has a GAP logo on the barrel and is a 308, odds are it is a kick butt rifle and takes a LOT to shoot out a 308.
Look at the options, compare the price, and soldier on.

Looks like a heavy one.. maybe 14lbs or so.. Looks like about $2500 in parts not to mention any smithing.. Whats the price at the shop?

- Surgeon Action: ~1,000
- Match Barrel : ~300
- A4 Stock: ~800
- Jewell Trigger: ~150
- Barrel Flute: ~150
- Bolt flute: ~150
- Gunsmithing(barrel install,bedding)~400

Total New: ~3500
Total Used: What condition + not having to wait for one to be built. That worth is up to you.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Groundedclk</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just over $3k at the store is the price. </div></div>

For that kinda money I'd opt a new build.

I can tell you when it was built, I know who the customer was as there is only one guy who orders them with that big of barrel.

I will Pm you with the Info.

i thought that barrel would be memorable. nice looking rfle, offer $2500