• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Please read. The winner is....

I'm half blind can someone shoot me the link I'd look forward to funding this raffle deal.

Thanks

I would like to thank all of you gentlemen and ladies who have bought tickets for Branden's family. I have long admired his work. Hopefully, this gesture on all of our parts will be measured in more than just a monetary way. I own several rifles Mark has built and whoever wins this weapon will have many hours of fun shooting from a fine work of art. Let the best man or woman win, or should I say the luckiest.

Cats

You sir are a class act above and beyond with your donation. Thank you for sweetening the pot for everyone that donated.

346 raffle tickets sold. Can we get to 400? Two days left till the raffle closes. Thank you everybody.

That's good to hear that many tickets are sold! I had no idea how young she is until she posted the other day, it really makes a person think about their lifestyle considering I am the same age and have enough health problems as it is.

I just sent paypal for 2 tickets. I wish I could do more. Best of luck with a speedy recovery, I will be sending you some business when I can get back on my feet. Thank You, Matthew

In for 2. Sending out prayers and good wellness to you and your family Branden. Your wife has a great outlook and wishing you the best to feed off each other and make your family tighter in these difficult times.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Raffle will end next Friday 5/23/14 @ 9:00pm mountain time. With the drawing being mid next week. Thank you everybody! Let's keep this rolling!

364 raffle tickets sold. Raffle ends tomorrow. The raffle drawing will be mid next week, that should give enough time for those last minute checks to show up in the mail.

Just sent paypal for 4 tickets shed. SB, I'm glad to see the wife is doing better, and I know its been said countless times already, but my family sends their prayers to you and yours, hoping for a swift and complete recovery.

Hope the last minute raffles push it to 400.

Please post the raffle drawing date and time as I am sure many, like me, will want to watch the results as they occur.

Thanks!

I just saw this thread tonight and wish my best to Branden's wife. Also, donating the rifle is extremely generous.

Just sent payment for tickets and hope for 400 sold.

Raffle closes tonight @9:00pm mountain time. I will wait till mid next week to allow time for last minute checks to arrive.

Please read. Raffle will close 5/23/14

I wasn't able to send much. Get better soon!

I'm not sure what amount was needed to be entered in the raffle but still wanted to send what I could

Last edited:
Im in for two. Best wishes from my family to yours.

Also very admirable to all of you for the donations for this and to shedhorn for putting it together.

409 raffle tickets sold!
That's over 10Gs! What an awesome community here. Shortbus, in the end no amount of money will really fix anything. But it sure will ease the hardship a little. I wish I could give more. Just remember that this was all part of the plan before the stars were even made. It will all work out for good in the end! Mrs. Shortbus, You are very strong! Keep going, never give up the fight!

I'd like to take a minute to thank Shedhorn for his efforts in putting this raffle together. I'm a new member on this forum and am impressed with the willingness of Hide members to come to the aid of one of their own. I certainly hope Mrs. Shortbus's recovery is on track and wish her the best.

Semper Fi...Sig Marine

Sounds like this raffle raised a little over 10k dollars. Awesome job every one, especially shedhorn for getting this together, and catswithguns for his very generous donation to sweeten the raffle!

I'm pretty new to this forum, but not to the gun community. Glad I could be a part of this. Best wishes to the shortbus family!

Back from a weekend with the family, got some quality time with the wife and out little girls, got out of town to get away from work for a few days. I talked to Shedhorn on the phone Saturday, and knew how well the raffle had gone, and I have to thank everyone that bought raffle tickets, and I especially want to thank Shedhorn for his efforts to get this going, organize it, and make it happen. Catswithguns, thank you so much for your generosity to donate a rifle to this raffle. Short Action Customs did a wonderful job on the rifle, and whoever the winner ends up being, will get a wonderful rifle. Can't say thank you enough everyone. Thank you.

Branden

The generosity shown on this forum is beyond my expectations. I thanked Shedhorn for his time and effort and forgot to extend my thanks to "Catswithguns" for his generous donation to this worthy endeavor. You sir, went above and beyond.

Semper Fi...Sig Marine

Last edited:
The generosity shown on this forum is beyond my expectations. I thanked Shedhorn for his time and effort and forgot to extend my thanks to "Catswithguns" for his generous donation to this worthy endeavor. You sir, went above and beyond.

Semper Fi...Sig Marine
HERE HERE! I second that! catswithguns, I hope some day I'll be in a position to be able to donate like that if the need arises.
Semper Fi!

The winner is....

Everybody that helped out with keeping this rolling. A big thank you to catswithguns for donating one badass rifle, Mark @ Short Action Customs for donating his time to build a badass rifle, Maelstrom for donating the TAB sling, Badger Ordnance for the scope rings and KRG. Thank you! Thank you!!

This has been a very humbling experience. I am happy I was able to be apart of this. It has been fun. I would like to say thank you to the people that sent me long emails and kind words. I wish I had more time to spend writing longer emails.

This is how I ended up doing the raffle. After trying to write everybody's name on a raffle ticket, I was thinking this is going to take forever. What if I get a name wrong? Then I got smart. I printed out a list from my PayPal. They I went down the list and gave everybody numbers according to how many raffle tickets they bought. For you guys that sent checks & MO I added your names as your checks came in. I wanted to make a list with everybody's hide names, I thought it would be rude to post real names. Then I realized that I didn't have most peoples hide names. My fault I didn't specify to do so. Anyway the main goal of this was to raise money for Shortbus and that we did. With a Grand total of 418. Wow that is $10,450.00 in ticket sales going to Shortbus. WOW nice work everybody!

The one lucky person is ticket #390 (Mr. Blaine of OH)

I made a short video of my Daughter pulling out the winning raffle ticket I just need to figure out how to post it. I will have to get to it tomorrow.

Thank you!!

Congratulations Mr. Blaine of OH!

I don't think that I can say enough Thank you's to all that purchased raffle tickets, and especially to Shedhorn for his time to organize this and keep it going. I know how busy you are, and I can't thank you enough. Catswithguns, I know i've said thank you a few times, i'll keep saying thank you for a long time. CatswithGuns, and Shedhorn, you are in our family nightly prayers, you have helped us tremendously, and so selflessly. You are the reason why I love this community of men and women (hot girlfriends thread helps too :D ).

Thank you so much to everyone that bought raffle tickets, I wish everyone could have gotten something. Nicole and the girls and I are going to continue down this path and hopefully the vertigo and nauseousness will start to subside, and reduce as her brain continues to make new connections to compensate for the brain damage. Her rapid initial recovery had us believing that she would just bounce right back to her old self, but the brain doc did warn us that it's possible that some symptoms will persist, and could last from 6mo, to 2 years, or even permanently. We're praying for the shortest time that it needs to be.

Everyone, you are amazing, and inspiring. I'm hoping to be comfortable enough to start attending the big matches again by the fall, that way i can start meeting many of you in person, shake your hand and tell you thank you in person. With 418 tickets sold, i'll be shaking a lot of hands, and saying thank you a bunch. It'll be my pleasure to do so.

Thanks again guys/gals.

Branden