• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes please tell me im making the right choice....

AZIROC

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 27, 2012
Avondale, AZ
Looking at scopes to put on my .308 build. Overall goal is out to 500 yards for high power matches. Let me firs tjust say, id LOVE to drop 2k on a scope.. when i win the lottery. aint happening right now and my budge is MAX $700-800.

As much as I WANT to like the Millett LRS-1 6-25x56 I am just worried its gonna be a dud. The other scope i have narrowed it down to is the Vortex Viper PST 6-24-50. The pst i have heard semi mixed reviews, but most have been positive. and for the price, its hard ot beat.

I am sure at 500 yards i wont need the 20x+, but it would be nice to have do i can see where my bullets impacted and/or if i need it, i got it vs not having it and need it. Plus if I ever go out to 800-1000 yards, im the extra zoom would come in handy.

Re: please tell me im making the right choice....

I was in the same boat as you, I went with the pst 6-24 sfp, I think its a great scope for the money. You won't regret buying it. Plus lifetime warrenty, can't go wrong with that!

The PST is a great scope, built like a tank, and vortex's warranty is second to none. You should take a look at the weaver tactical 3-15x EMDR scope, its within your price range and is a spectacular performer.

I am in the same boat. I hear nothing but good about vortex.

cool thanks. i kinda figured the vortex, even though more expensive, would be the correct way to go.... to bad that millett has to have such a bad track record
smirk.gif