• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PM not sending emails?

Bacarrat

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jan 22, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Over the last couple of days or so, I haven't been getting any emails from the Hide saying that I have a PM in my inbox. I checked my preferences and it is still set to email when I get a PM.

Has anyone else seen this issue?

Re: PM not sending emails?

Phew, Ive been checking over all my settings and seeing if google decided it was spam or something, glad its not just me.

Not sure what is up with this ?

They are showing the emails are going out and actually being accepted, but people are not getting them ?

I checked the blacklists everything is fine there, but there were a few systems that timed out so it appears it might be a routing thing because everyone is scratching their heads unable to figure it out ?

I was getting them great till yesterday .

Don't know if this is anything to do with it ??

Was getting them till I updated my Mozilla Foxfire & Thunderbird yesterday . & now SH website wont send my PM e-mail notifications @ home .

Not getting mine either.

And posting PMs is taking an unusually long time.

I cant see or read any of my PMs until I send one. If that makes sense. I show the indicator that I have one, when I open it, it isnt there. I have to send a pm back to see it.

I was also receiving notifications fine until yesterday. Not sure if watched topic notifications are working or not.

I also have not gotten any notification emails since the 14th; none in my Gmail spam folder and no Preferences changed in my settings

Not getting them either.
    List shows rec'd times, and the there's nothing there...

As some of you are very aware, GeoVario servers started experiencing major latency issues with Email starting Wednesday night / early AM Thursday 12/15.

By mid-day Thursday we had software vendors, network & software engineers, etc... all hands on deck looking into the issues.

We found that our Email Servers were being attacked by what is generally termed a "Denial of Service". This was very widespread covering in total more than 80 networks, and 100s or millions of IP_ADDRESSES were attacking GeoVario's Network.

We can only assume - someone doesn't like our stance on freedom of speech, as we've never in our history seen anything like this. SO more than a day later now, every single IP or Network that was causing these problems has been blocked, or reported, or both.

And what did we find? It wasn't only the Email Servers that were being attacked, about 2 weeks ago a new security flaw in the "Domain Name Service (DNS)" system that we run, was found.

So what does this mean? Sending email works, but it's very slow... like 2-3 minutes slow ( from your Email Client ).

However - https://mail.geovario.com/ - Does have "WebMail" clients that do work at normal speed.

We are actively working with our software vendor to get the updates needed such that we can move to the newer version of DNS; as our software packages here are tightly integrated - we can't "just run the update" on DNS without breaking other items.

So hope that these continued delays will not cause you too many problems - as we continue to work on this final issue as quickly as possible.

If things seem a little erratic tomorrow ( Saturday ) - it's because we'll be updating software and changing configs as quickly as possible to restore proper Email Service.

Thank you greatly for your patience with us during this time.

-GeoVario Support.

Frank,

All is working for me now; I am receiving emails and posting is back to normal.

Thank you for your vigilance in keeping the site working at speeds we Hide addicts require
    smile.gif

Mine seems to be all back to normal now. I wasn't receiveing any email notifications for a few days, just figured it was something site related and would be worked out. Working fine now.

Thanks,

got one last night .
    But then it was a No-Go & again today It did not send notification for a PM .

Looks like it is worked out the bugs , I just got a new prompt/current notification of PM just sent to me .

PM not sending emails?

<span style="font-weight: bold">I am not getting Hide emails again, since the last DOS attack a few days ago...

Anyone else having the same issue?</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Tigerbikes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">I am not getting Hide emails again, since the last DOS attack a few days ago...

Anyone else having the same issue?</span> </div></div>
    I am getting mine again since about this afternoon
    smile.gif