• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PMC Green tip bullets

CK_32

Saving Ryans Privates
Minuteman
Jan 22, 2010
What bullets are on these PMC's??

I got some fed brass and wanna try making a load for this..

1101.jpg

Only green tips I have found are SMK.. Is that whats in those?

Re: PMC Green tip bullets

Ive never seen a "green tip" Sierra match king bullet. Blitz king, yes.

I believe those are steel core M855 62gr FMJ bullets.

SS109 tips on Gun Broker

They are SS109's, they do not have the green tip because that is only added after they have been loaded. Pull down SS109s will be the only ones that have the green tips.

The way to tell is with a magnet. SS109's are magnetic due to the steel core penatrator. Lots of people list these as AP (Armor Peircing), however they are not AP.

Terry

Thanks for the info/cut sheet for the SS109's I have some that I was planning on loading up cause they were cheep, I think i got 250 for $35, not too sure though. Anyway I thought they were AP aswell, I didn't look into them too much. So if they arn't AP what exactly is their intend use, defeating body armor?

Alright thanks a lot terry. Yea my buddy said something about them being AP but honestly these are just range rounds. I don't plan on robbing any banks anytime soon.

Is this a good bullet IYO??

I was told they were good loads for 1:7 16"ers.. Should I be G2G with these or would you suggest looking at other bullets

Keep in meind these are for rec shooting just looking for decent groupings.. Nothing comp worthy.. 300 yards MAX

I shoot the 62's exclusively out of my 20" hbar Bushy because I am running it with an IOR M2 w/Druganov reticle that is BDC'ed for these out to 800 yards..... They have stayed sub MOA for me out to 400 yards (farthest I've shot it on paper)..... I reload them on top of about 27 grns of BLC2...meters great & burns pretty clean!

The SS109's have shot great out of all my AR's! The are a great bullet no doubt for plinking and just trigger time! On a 600m reduced 200m target I can hold them in the 10X ring out of the National match AR. AT 600m I can keep them on a 2'x2' steel plate.

Got tons of SS109 pull downs and several 30 cal ammo cans loaded up.

ss10930calcan.jpg

I shoot 25.3gr of 2230-C behind them out of LC brass and Wolf Small rifle primers.

DSC01308.jpg

They shoot great out of both 16" and 20" barrels for me.

Terry

What about the marks on them from being pulled? Doesn't that mess up their accuracy? Does it cause any wear on the barrel?

Here is my Automated Dillon 550 loading some SS109's.
5yrs old and can run it like a champ. I prime all the brass and just fill up the bin and he goes to town. As a matter of fact that ammo can above he loaded it all!

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iU8MUGRAyfI&feature=feedu"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iU8MUGRAyfI&feature=feedu" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

Terry

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JelloStorm</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What about the marks on them from being pulled? Doesn't that mess up their accuracy? Does it cause any wear on the barrel? </div></div>

No pull marks on any of my SS109's. They where all collet pulled grade "A" tips.

However, if you do have pull downs with pull marks just run them thru a siziing die. All my 50BMG tip where unsized to save $$$. Just purchased a LEE .510 sizing die and push them thru. I lube them with Imperial sizing wax prior to running them thru the sizing die.

Terry