• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

PMG Spring 2012 Team Precision Rifle Match

Re: PMG Spring 2012 Team Precision Rifle Match

Looking forward to the match!!! Chasing a reliable partner currently

<span style="color: #CC0000">Shooters,

Registration for the PMG Spring 2012 Team Precision Rifle Match is right around the corner. We have decided to change the way we handle registration to ensure the process is fair for everyone. Please read all registration details to ensure that you understand how the process will work.

Registration will open March 10th at 1200h for return shooters (shooters who have shot our match before), and 1600h for new shooters to our match. All times are CST.

When your time slot opens you must send an email to [email protected]. The email must contain the following information For Both Shooters In The Team:

First and Last Name
Full Address
Phone Number
Email Address
Emergency Contact Name and Phone Number
T-Shirt Size

Only one person from each team needs to send a registration email. Ensure both shooters info is IN the same email or it will be considered incomplete.

Emails will be opened in the order they are received, any email that is sent before the specified registration time will not count.

Confirmation emails will be sent to the first 30 teams that register. Teams that do not make it into the first 30 will be put on the waiting list. Don't worry if you get put on the waiting list. We anticipate being able to accept over 40 teams, we just have to hold spots for sponsored teams and Military team.

Confirmation emails will start being sent out on March 11th. The confirmation email will include the address where you must send your match fee. The match fee is $300 per team (150 per shooter). All fees must be received by March 24th. If your fee has not been received by March 24th, you will loose your spot and the next team on the waiting list will be contacted. Any cancellation must be made by April 30th, after that no refunds will be made.

Military Shooters- We know the hassle of getting your unit to authorize/pay for a match first hand. Spots are being held for Military Teams. If you want to shoot, please send us an email on registration day and we will put you on the list while you work with your unit.

Sponsors- We have started sending out emails containing sponsorship packets for this match. If you have not received one and would like one just let me know and I will get it to you. The packet contains all info about sponsorship levels and sponsored shooter slots.

We are easy to work with guys. If you have any questions about the registration process please contact me via PM or the email address located in my profile. Do not use the registration email for questions.

Thank you!</span>

The Dave and I will be there!

But who will win "The Dave" Trophy this year is the real question.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The Dave and I will be there!

But who will win "The Dave" Trophy this year is the real question. </div></div>Tradition states it would be given to The Dave's partner!!!

Me and Socket70 will be there!!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Techtoy_al</div><div class="ubbcode-body">what color are you going with this year?
</div></div>

T-Shirt color? If thats what you meant I have no idea yet.

Team Supreme is in, we loved the fall 2011 match. We'll be there for this one and the fall 2012 match as well.

For the first time going to a match...... Me and a buddy are entering! This should be fun.

by the way, we really appreciate not just the feedback from the last match but especially all the volunteers that stepped up to RO. The crew this Spring is going to be awesome, and that means we'll be able to run several more stages than we did in our matches last year. I don't have an estimate yet, but don't be surprised if it's 3x last year's.

thanks again to all of you

date hasn't changed. it is still May 26-27 2012

Are there any details on this as of yet? id like to go if I can get a sniper buddy to go with me. I'll be home on leave so this would work for me... Excited for the possibility.

no details yet, but it will be substantially similar to the two previous matches, except as I mentioned above, slightly shorter stages but more of them. our website shows the stage descriptions etc in the "results" section for the past two matches. (scroll down near the bottom). The rules and equipment advice are also on the website and unchanged (to date, though we are discouraging calibers under 6mm this year)

any specific questions, throw them out here or email knight

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Outsy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Why discourage anything under 6mm? </div></div>

Because effects on target at long range can be difficult to accomplish with tiny projos.

Ye ha! I have been bored this winter Since the mammoth shoot. Work has been set on low volume since then. I'm ready for another challenge. Is there going to be a tough man comp at this match. We knew we didn't stand a chance of being in the money but loved the physical challenge and comroderey of the comp. If not we will still have a blast.

No. No tough man section to this match, but I promise the match will be a challenge.

I could summons my section leader days and treat you as a roster number at selection if you want. LOL
wink.gif

Shooters,

Just wanted to share a few thoughts about they style of the match...

We are changing up a few things in order to fit in more stages, higher round count, less down time. That said, the feel and flavor of the match will be maintained.

We are still designing our stages to test the shooter in a realistic situation. Some stages will be stationary, some will have movement. Some will centered on hard shots, some will be centered on the teams ability to work together and communicate.

Certain stages will have both shooters engaging targets at the same time, and others will be set up for more of a spotter/shooter situation.

I know this doesn't give you much insight to the stages themselves, but it does give you an idea of how we are designing stages.

We are super excited about this as always, cant wait for it to roll around.

The Dave is also super excited. Here is a picture of him trying out his new outfit in preparation for this!

thedave.jpg

This might be two in one month for me. I am going to be broke.

i'm really excited about the prize table so far. not as excited as Capt Underpants up in P's post, but pretty excited.

seriously, sponsors are doing some really cool stuff for you guys

I like the larger caliber requirement. Now if I can find a partner who is open that weekend...

I hope to make it out there again. The last match was great and I look forward to shooting it again. I hope Jon can make it with me also as we make a good team. If nothing don't come up TEAM BUSHNELL TACTICAL will be there.

Clark Kennedy

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5 Days until registration!!!! </div></div>
imag0289k.jpg

I'll be ready!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">5 Days until registration!!!! </div></div>

The Dave is waiting.........

I would like to attend this match but I don't have a teammate. If there is anyone in the same position and would like to shoot send me a pm and maybe we could work of some details.

Will both shooters be engaging targets to the same distances or will it be set up like a shooter / spotter scenario where one shooter is expected to make farther shots than the other? Just trying to plan what gear to bring... 2 bolt guns, 1 bolt & 1 gas gun, etc...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Remlin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will both shooters be engaging targets to the same distances or will it be set up like a shooter / spotter scenario where one shooter is expected to make farther shots than the other? Just trying to plan what gear to bring... 2 bolt guns, 1 bolt & 1 gas gun, etc... </div></div>

Good question...

It will not be a "primary and secondary" type match. Some stages will require both shooters to engage the same targets, some stages will be left to the team to decide how they will accomplish the task. Some stages will have both shooters shooting at the same time, others will be designed for a spotter/shooter setup.

Does that help?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Remlin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Will both shooters be engaging targets to the same distances or will it be set up like a shooter / spotter scenario where one shooter is expected to make farther shots than the other? Just trying to plan what gear to bring... 2 bolt guns, 1 bolt & 1 gas gun, etc... </div></div>

Good question...

It will not be a "primary and secondary" type match. Some stages will require both shooters to engage the same targets, some stages will be left to the team to decide how they will accomplish the task. Some stages will have both shooters shooting at the same time, others will be designed for a spotter/shooter setup.

Does that help? </div></div>

Kind of helps. I guess the easiest question to answer is, will both shooters be expected to engage targets out to the same distances? If so, what range? 800, 1k?

Thanks.

Yes both shooters should be prepared to have the chance to engage targets at long range.

I can't say exact range just yet as we are still working the land. I would say around 1k will be the furthest you shoot. Most will be under 800.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KNIGHT11B4</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yes both shooters should be prepared to have the chance to engage targets at long range.

I can't say exact range just yet as we are still working the land. I would say around 1k will be the furthest you shoot. Most will be under 800. </div></div>

Great! Thanks.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Sake</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to attend this match but I don't have a teammate. If there is anyone in the same position and would like to shoot send me a pm and maybe we could work of some details. </div></div>

I've got a teammate.

I'll be there but I expect THE Dave to wear his costume this time.

Poison...I hope your wife isn't due to have a baby again and I don't think you should go out drinking with BigJoe this year. Your gonna need to be at your best to have a shot at the title!
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pimp_Skittles</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'll be there but I expect THE Dave to wear his costume this time.

Poison...I hope your wife isn't due to have a baby again and I don't think you should go out drinking with BigJoe this year. Your gonna need to be at your best to have a shot at the title!
smile.gif
</div></div>

Oh don't worry.....no kid on the way this time....and the only things I'm drinking is water from the cup of victory!