• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors POF 308 feed issues with Surefire Suppressor

captnmo

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 19, 2008
Fort Lewis, WA
I'm having FTF/FTE issues with my 14.5 POF 308 with a QD Surefire FA762K suppressor. I've fired the rifle many times without a suppressor with no issues. I turn the adjustable gas block to "suppressed" mode and most times the spent case won't eject or the bolt doesn't cycle all to the rear and gets jammed up against the magazine with another round beneath it. Any suggestions?

Turn it off of suppressed mode.
Different adjustable gas block thats more adjustable.
Lighter buffer
Stonger ammo

He's stuck with the block he has it proprietary. You can try the buffer or ammo change. Just be sure its not the chamber getting dirty, not likely since your not asking. Friends 308 POF has a problems with extraction sometimes.

Thanks. I'm using FGMM 168. I'll check out the buffer. I keep it pretty clean and it's a fairly new rifle.

Any chance it could be under gassed a little when on suppressed mode? I know several of my SF suppressors do not exhibit nearly as much blowback as my AAC and a few others.

Try to run it on regular with suppressor and if it ejects look at the ejection pattern.

Reactions: captnmo
I have had a lot of issues getting my 16.5" POF308 to run with my TBAC CB7. First it was too much gas and finally I sent it back to them with the Can and they "tuned" it. I think they replaced the piston with a smaller one that dumps more gas. Now it runs fine if it is clean but once it gets some carbon in there it won't cycle. It has been very frustrating

Reactions: captnmo