• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

POF 6.8

cdmorten

Private
Minuteman
Nov 30, 2004
Gilbert, AZ
Well I just got my first AR to add to my collection of bolt guns. Never thought I'd do it. It's a POF 6.8. It's at the smith getting a new trigger and some duracoat. I'll post pics when it's finished. Here are some "before" pics. I'll have the after pics in a week or so. It will actually have the Leupold 1.5x5 scope on it not the Zeiss. I've got an AAC 7.62-SDN-6 on order. Looking forward to getting to the range.

POF68004.jpg

POF68005.jpg

POF68006.jpg

Re: POF 6.8

A POF with a Adams Arms piston kit?

Hope she's a shooter for you and congrats.

That may be a POF Gen 1 lower, but that's about all that is "POF" about that rifle. That's an Adams Arms piston conversion with a DD railed handguard.

Hope you didn't pay POF money for it!

^
that's what I was trying to imply (in a more polite way).

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^
</div></div>

Sorry if my previous post seemed a bit "crass" or otherwise insensitive. Didn't mean to sound like a jerk about it at all. I just don't want to see someone new to AR's being taken advantage of by someone selling them something that isn't what they were promised.

To the OP...it isn't a bad rifle at all provided that it shoots and meets your expectations. I just didn't want you to think you got a true POF 6.8 rifle when what you got was simply a rifle built out on a POF lower receiver with a bolt-on piston conversion system.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K_4c</div><div class="ubbcode-body">^
</div></div>

Sorry if my previous post seemed a bit "crass" or otherwise insensitive. Didn't mean to sound like a jerk about it at all. I just don't want to see someone new to AR's being taken advantage of by someone selling them something that isn't what they were promised.

To the OP...it isn't a bad rifle at all provided that it shoots and meets your expectations. I just didn't want you to think you got a true POF 6.8 rifle when what you got was simply a rifle built out on a POF lower receiver with a bolt-on piston conversion system. </div></div>

I agree with your approach.... hate to see another fellow shooter get taken for on his first AR purchase.

like I stated before, I hope she's a shooter OP.

Reading the other comments posted, be sure to check what chamber it has. You want the SPCII when it comes to the 6.8

I just did a trade. A Sendero 300WM that I never shoot with an equal value scope. It has a White Oak match grade barrel so we'll see if it's a shooter. My smith said it looked like it hadn't had many rounds down it.

By the way, why do I want an SPCII Chamber and how can I tell if it is?

If it shoots well, I'm happy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cdmorten</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just did a trade. A Sendero 300WM that I never shoot with an equal value scope. It has a White Oak match grade barrel so we'll see if it's a shooter. My smith said it looked like it hadn't had many rounds down it.

By the way, why do I want an SPCII Chamber and how can I tell if it is?

If it shoots well, I'm happy. </div></div>

A White Oak pipe should be fine and has been proven to be part of a damn accurate 6.8. While I don't think they ever made a SPC chamber, call them to confirm.

The SPCII chamber allows all current factory ammo to be used such as SSA's tac loads and is much safer for handloads. Being able to determine it is a SPCII can be tough if there aren't any markings on the bbl. As mentioned calling them would be your best bet.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cdmorten</div><div class="ubbcode-body">...how can I tell if it is?

If it shoots well, I'm happy. </div></div>

If it is truly a WOA 6.8 barrel then it is almost certainly an SPC II. It should be clearly marked on the barrel "6.8 SPC II" about halfway between the gas block and the muzzle (the ones I have seen/used have been so marked). With that handguard setup, the roll mark for caliber should be clearly visible. You can also confirm its a WOA as it will be marked "WOA" along with the date of mfg (like 11-12), but those markings won't be visible without removing the handguard unless you can happen to see them through the vents/holes in the handguard at 12 o'clock toward the chamber end of the tube.

OK...it had the WOA 6.8 on the barrel but I can't remember if it has the SPCII. I'll check it out when it's back from the smith. Thanks for the info.