• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF problems

litotes15

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2011
Pa
I would like to start off by saying I am not one to jump the gun to give bad publicity. I understand how hard it is to run a business and try to keep all clients happy. In this case I feel an exception needs to be made and my story told.

To anyone thinking of purchasing any POF product please do some homework first, I did not and am paying for it. My story is not one of a kind.

I purchased my second POF (liked first one) and waited a year and four months to get it from factory. Received the gun and didnt have same stock or rear grip as pictured. Called and was told shortage so we just put this cheaper one on, but i can ship it back and they will install promised furniture when in stock again.
Slapped a leupold on it and went to range and couldn't hold a group less than 3.5" at 100m. Tried all the $20-40 a box ammo in every weight possible with no help. ( groups even worse with Yankee hill) I called again, explained issue and was told to take pictures of gun with scope I have on and I would receive a shipping tag in a day or two.

5-28-12 A week goes by nothing. Send another email.. Nothing..3 unreturned phone. calls and emails.. Nothing 6-11-12 Finally get sales manager on phone. Told to just ship it back he didn't recall anything about a shipping tag to be sent to me and couldn't find our email. 7-02-12 follow up to get estimated completion told they shipped gun back a week ago. I don't have gun! Let me put u on hold. Oh here it is on gunsmith's bench we didn't know what to do with it no description attached. 9-7-12 follow up same as last statement plus we can't swap furniture to vultor as promised too expensive, you get magpul. 10-4-12 still no gun. No return emails. No return phone calls. Can't get straight answer from anyone.

To sum it all up POF products suck!! POF customer service sucks!!!

Read forum rules before posting multiple posts:

4. Do not post the same topic in more than one forum. Pick the most relevant forum for your post. If you are unsure, put it in the Bear Pit, say you were not sure where it belonged, and someone will move it to the proper forum for you.

Re: POF problems

WOW...it seems some things haven't changed at POF, and that's really disappointing to hear. I've never had to use their customer service and hope I never do.

I love POF products but how they've handled your situation is entirely unacceptable, no two ways about it!

I sent them the link to this topic via Facebook. Hopefully something will get done.

Hate to hear things like this because my experiences with POF from top to bottom of their business have been nothing but excellent, including their service department.

Hope you get your problems with the rifle resolved to your satisfaction despite the problems with their service thus far which sounds like a real cluster@#$% based on your account!

That's too bad. I had to deal with them once and their CS was excellent as well. Hope you get it worked out. They make some really nice rifles.

Quoted me 11 weeks for an 18" upper.
Haven't seen it yet. It's been 5 months...

Every time I email, they say "next week."

Wednesday, I emailed them, "next week?". They responded that it will be out the door Friday. I'll believe it when I see it.

Holy fuck, that's horrendous. As happy as I am with my POF, I'd be VERY hesitant to buy anything from them in the future. There are way too many stories like yours floating around for it to be "random" or "isolated". It seems there are as many bad stories as good ones. 50/50 isn't good enough odds for me to spend $2000+.

EDIT: The one I bought I got from a member here who ordered it and during what I gathered to be a LOOOOOOOONG wait he said screw it and bought something else. I lucked into it because by the time the POF finally came in he had fallen in love with the Larue OBR he bought.

Sorry to hear it.

Response changed due to Owner of POF stepping up and taking care of the OP's complaint.

Sorry to hear your story. That being said thank you for posting it. I have been reserching various 308s and it's good to hear the good, the bad and the ugly. Hope it ends better for you in the long run sir!

Well as far as the wait on the purchase you could have just bought one new off gunbroker or several online in-stock vendors.

POF was my first choice when I started getting parts together for a .308 build. I found a POF lower on GB at a great price. Well the guy I bought it from lost the front take down pin. I thought no big deal. Well when I was ready to finish the rifle I gave them a call intending to get a complete upper and the take down pin I was missing. The guy on the other end of the phone was about the rudest man I have ever talked to who was supposed to be in customer service. I asked about the front pin and he told me they only sold them in a 65$ kit with the rear pin and ambi bolt release. I tried to explain my situation and told him I only needed the front pin. He said flat out, too bad order the whole kit. Needless to say after this kind of treatment over a $1 pin I was not about to tell him I wanted to order a complete upper. I cut my losses sold the lower and went in a different direction. That's my experience with POF.

RaptorX, that was probably Franks brother, Chris. He definitely was an asshole the whole time I dealt with him. Frank was great to deal with but the brother....

Hopefully Frsnk will get it straitened soon.

I had a POF 11.5" that I sold due to reliability but I've always received excellent customer service from POF. I once damaged my trigger assembly and they sent me another even though the damage was my fault.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hate to hear things like this because my experiences with POF from top to bottom of their business have been nothing but excellent,</div></div>Agreed: I've never had a problem rifle from them.

A friend of mine lives in Flagstaff, AZ had big problems with his 308 POF. Sent it back to POF in Scottsdale, AZ 3 times on his dime without the FTE problem being fixed. Each time they said it was fixed.Fortunately his work took him to Scottsdale, AZ and he hand carried it to the factory and they fixed it the same day. He promptly sold it after it was fixed.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: litotes15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would like to start off by saying I am not one to jump the gun to give bad publicity. I understand how hard it is to run a business and try to keep all clients happy. In this case I feel an exception needs to be made and my story told.

To anyone thinking of purchasing any POF product please do some homework first, I did not and am paying for it. My story is not one of a kind.

I purchased my second POF (liked first one) and waited a year and four months to get it from factory. Received the gun and didnt have same stock or rear grip as pictured. Called and was told shortage so we just put this cheaper one on, but i can ship it back and they will install promised furniture when in stock again.
Slapped a leupold on it and went to range and couldn't hold a group less than 3.5" at 100m. Tried all the $20-40 a box ammo in every weight possible with no help. ( groups even worse with Yankee hill) I called again, explained issue and was told to take pictures of gun with scope I have on and I would receive a shipping tag in a day or two.

5-28-12 A week goes by nothing. Send another email.. Nothing..3 unreturned phone. calls and emails.. Nothing 6-11-12 Finally get sales manager on phone. Told to just ship it back he didn't recall anything about a shipping tag to be sent to me and couldn't find our email. 7-02-12 follow up to get estimated completion told they shipped gun back a week ago. I don't have gun! Let me put u on hold. Oh here it is on gunsmith's bench we didn't know what to do with it no description attached. 9-7-12 follow up same as last statement plus we can't swap furniture to vultor as promised too expensive, you get magpul. 10-4-12 still no gun. No return emails. No return phone calls. Can't get straight answer from anyone.

To sum it all up POF products suck!! POF customer service sucks!!!

Read forum rules before posting multiple posts:

4. Do not post the same topic in more than one forum. Pick the most relevant forum for your post. If you are unsure, put it in the Bear Pit, say you were not sure where it belonged, and someone will move it to the proper forum for you.
</div></div>

Sorry for the issue you have contacting us.
Please feel free to contact me direct anytime.
My cell is 602-451-1033.
My email is [email protected]
Our shop number is 623-561-9572
I'm surprised to hear your issues with contacting us.
We have spent good money in our new factory on our phone system
to help us, along with having a receptionist, and 5 people in sales.

We sell to distributors and don't sell to end user/customers direct.
From time to time we receive packages from customers with NO information,
which makes it very difficult to track down the end user since we only have information
as to the distributor we shipped the rifle too.

Example: We receive a FEDEX package from James D. from Red Lion, PA. 17356, with no information in the package.

I await your call.
Best regards,

Frank L. DeSomma
President
Patriot Ordnance Factory, Inc.
www.POF-USA.com

Good to see that POF is aware. I was all set to buy a 20' P308 this weekend but this thread gave me pause.

I had a POF 308. Loved how the rifle was engineered. Fit me like a glove. Couldn't get it to shoot worth a darn though. Emails and phone calls to POF went un-answered. Sold it. It was heart wrenching. Such a nice rifle from a form and function point of view. Had a nice rifle that was more than double the price of my DPMS LR-308 and didn't shoot nearly as well. I had a small issue with my DPMS. Easy to contact DPMS and they took care of me. Had to send the rifle back. Only took 2 weeks to get it back.

I now have a new DPMS and am happy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: quacktastic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quoted me 11 weeks for an 18" upper.

Wednesday, I emailed them, "next week?". They responded that it will be out the door Friday. I'll believe it when I see it. </div></div>
Buy from a reputable online source and save a couple hundred dollars over buying from POF directly. (I did) Some have in stock now!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: POF-USA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

We sell to distributors and don't sell to end user/customers direct.

I await your call.
Best regards,

Frank L. DeSomma
President
Patriot Ordnance Factory, Inc.
www.POF-USA.com </div></div>

WTF??? WHY wasn't I told that when I waited 6+ months for an upper? (I purchased elsewhere)

Its ok, Ive been chasing after a unicorn apparently. Ive been trying to get the 13" monorail upper for my POF .308. From what I was told, only GAP can sell me 1 since its only for GAP rifles. ok, fine. I call GAP, they tell me no, I have to call POF. I call POF, they say no call GAP. I call GAP back, they either will tell me to try Hogan or POF. After 3 months, I gave up.

POF doesn't deal with the public directly as its sort of a pain in the ass when you think about it. You have all sorts of crap from clients calling in every week for updates down to people who simply cannot come up with the money for something they are wanting to buy alongside the shipper who sents out a gun without any tracking info or return address.

They are a smaller outfit so they deal with vendors instead and that way sort of cut down the headaches.

I was fortunate to talk to Frank a couple of times of the years and one of the last times we talked it lasted for a good half hour or more. He helped walk me through the whole process of taking off the hand guard properly and remounting it without over torqing the hand guard.

He's a stand up guy and stands behind his products which are top of the line.

The guns are well thought out and use high end parts to give the end user a gun capable of better than average accuracy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TyD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Good to see that POF is aware. I was all set to buy a 20' P308 this weekend but this thread gave me pause. </div></div>

I've no horse in the race, but I'd say Frank's post is proof positive that he gives a damn and wants to be accountable to customers. Knowing some of the hiccups and issues that several guys have had with POF, I honestly believe the company is looking to do the right thing moving forward. I'd bet the OP will be taken care, and would be very surprised to hear otherwise. I hope POF lives up to the promise and think they will.

Put your pause aside. It doesn't get any better than POF. I own three of their rifles. Had a problem with one I bought used and they took care of the repair even though it was out of warranty. Can't tell you how loyal I am! This level of customer service is all but nonexistent.

Call me suspicious, but numerous unreturned calls email messages and the issue is ONLY addressed after a posting on a public forum.
Strange indeed that their new, fancy phone system and their email server both went down.

If loyalty to his brother costs him business, then he reaps his own rewards.

I am sorry to hear about your frustrations - I had excellent CS from POF when I had to deal with them.
When the president of the company gets on here and gives you a cell number to contact, I think it shows his committment to CS.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nfoley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
When the president of the company gets on here and gives you a cell number to contact, I think it shows his committment to CS.
</div></div>

Exactly. Frank is a great guy and a man of his word.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nfoley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When the president of the company gets on here and gives you a cell number to contact, I think it shows his committment to CS.</div></div>Exactly. Frank is a great guy and a man of his word. </div></div>Agreed. He supports shooters and the shooting sports as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Graham</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nfoley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">When the president of the company gets on here and gives you a cell number to contact, I think it shows his committment to CS.</div></div>Exactly. Frank is a great guy and a man of his word. </div></div>Agreed. He supports shooters and the shooting sports as well. </div></div>

Big +1 to all of the above.

I spoke with the owner of POF today via his personal cell as left on the post. I would like to commend him for his deep personal dedication and settling for nothing short of excellence in the field of customer service. Mr. DeSomma assured me that issues like mine will never be duplicated and the core problem will be dealt with swiftly.
The sincerity and passion Mr DeSomma exhibited for the sport of shooting spoke volumes to me. I would like to take this time to rectify my previous post and stand proudly behind the POF product once again.

I agree, nothing says class like the owner jumping in and getting it done.

Can't be an accident that POF is getting more and more business.

Mistakes happen, especially as a business expands, for me its how a company reacts to the problems that occur that tell the tail.

Glad its getting worked out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: litotes15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spoke with the owner of POF today via his personal cell as left on the post. I would like to commend him for his deep personal dedication and settling for nothing short of excellence in the field of customer service. Mr. DeSomma assured me that issues like mine will never be duplicated and the core problem will be dealt with swiftly.

The sincerity and passion Mr DeSomma exhibited for the sport of shooting spoke volumes to me. I would like to take this time to rectify my previous post and stand proudly behind the POF product once again.
</div></div>

That is awesome to hear!

Glad you got it worked out.

I had a bad experience with POF a few years ago. This sounds bad but POF is the reason i can't own a GAP-10. They look to similar!! I want nothing to do with anything that resembles POF so i got an LMT instead.

I have been hearing that Chris isnt around anymore (which is good) and that things are better at POF recently.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: litotes15</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I spoke with the owner of POF today via his personal cell as left on the post. I would like to commend him for his deep personal dedication and settling for nothing short of excellence in the field of customer service. Mr. DeSomma assured me that issues like mine will never be duplicated and the core problem will be dealt with swiftly.
</div></div>

Excited for you and POF! Maybe I too can get back to POF products, I would love to own a black 16" 308 that I once longed to own.

Congrats to everyone involved.

Great to see how this ended for you and the owner jump in take care of the situation! Between Killshot's and others advice and how this was taken care, one can see more of these POF308s being sold.

POF is above board. They truly stand behind their product!

Frank's a good guy and they make a great product.

Frank's a good guy and they make a great product.

LOL
grin.gif

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F-PHCaf9JnE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F-PHCaf9JnE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Rob01</div><div class="ubbcode-body">LOL
grin.gif

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/F-PHCaf9JnE"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/F-PHCaf9JnE" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object> </div></div>

HA HA HA HA! Before I even saw your video link, I read his post twice and thought of that EXACT LINE in the movie!
laugh.gif

Doesn't help his name being Jimjim lol

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: quacktastic</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Quoted me 11 weeks for an 18" upper.

Wednesday, I emailed them, "next week?". They responded that it will be out the door Friday. I'll believe it when I see it. </div></div>

It was shipped when they said it would be this time. Upper looks great. can't wait to shoot it.

My experience with POF-USA Customer Service: I have a POF .308. Experience failure to extract at the range. Take it home, take it apart, figure that the extractor has failed. Tiny piece of metal, the 'claw' or whatever it's called appears to have chipped away and won't grip the spent casing and yank it out of the chamber. Decide to try and BUY a new one. Find the extractor kit on the POF-USA website and call to order it. Guy on the phone says it's under warranty, and the parts are so small sometimes the heat treats just don't 'take' in rare cases. Tells me to send in the broken extractor and they will send a new one. Sent it in with a letter and contact info. 4 days later new extractor kit is at the front door. Boom boom at the range the next weekend. $0 out of my pocket.

Looking at all the posts, some of the sob stories appear to be BS based on my experience. My point is I wouldn't decide against this gun based on the negative comments you see here. It's a great gun, my experience with the company was very good, and it appears somebody is dishonestly badmouthing them.

I am new to this forum, but the POF is my dream machine. There is one available close to where I live and last weekend I was moments away from buying it. In the AR platform, there are many, but the POF and especially in the boron-nitrate is nothing less than a work of art.
I am glad to have come across this thread, because when you are shelling out close to 3k for a rifle, it's nice to see the company show interest in making their customers satisfied.

My one encounter with their CS dept was disappointing as well, but nowhere near as bad as yours. It's too bad. My experience soured me on their products as I'm sure yours will for you.