• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

POF Revolution: any owners?

lennyo3034

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 18, 2010
USA
I’ve been tossing around the idea of buying or building a “small frame” .308. Use would be hog hunting and just cool factor. Was leaning towards a build using a DPMS G2 but now I see the POF is even smaller.

Does anyone own one or have shot one?
I’m a little concerned about the fluted neck area of chamber.
Have not decided between DI or Piston model so any input there is welcome as well.

I know I can get full size .308s (JP and 2A come to mind) that are similar weight but for now I’m just interested in the POF.

I don’t have anything to add except that the reports online about problems were all with the piston model. And the Rogue is lighter.

I don’t have anything to add except that the reports online about problems were all with the piston model. And the Rogue is lighter.
I did not know that existed. And cheaper too. I don’t need the ambi features for this.

I shot one several months back. Fit and finish were awesome and it shot - okay. Owner told me it's been back to the factory once or twice with feed issues and it now shoots more accurately, not sure about that. I'm still in the wait and see mode for one.

I shot one several months back. Fit and finish were awesome and it shot - okay. Owner told me it's been back to the factory once or twice with feed issues and it now shoots more accurately, not sure about that. I'm still in the wait and see mode for one.

I will say this is the third time I've heard of such issues. All online but still. Has me weary

I have had a Revolution pistol for almost a year now. Really want a Rogue...

No problems, about 2000 rounds through it.

Only around 2oo rounds of mixed mil surp brass cased through mine until our local ranges closed down, all shot supressed, but no issues at all with function- I haven't tried steel cased yet. Not really tried for accuracy, this was me banging away from a bench, until they called cold range but I would say about 1" to 1 1/2" at 100.
Generally as far as handling, recoil is very well managed, the gun feels agile, (until you start cramming the rails with crap).
I have an older 308 Edge, the difference between them is night and day- heft, rail thickness- the Edge is a great DMR/bench rifle- the Revolution feels properly totable.
I picked mine up used but unfired from the EE on Arfcom for $1600- so no major complaints thus far, other than not a fan of the MST stock.
If I wasn't shooting mostly suppressed, I'd consider the DI version.

VtJU8Q.jpg

Acquired one a month or so ago and it does live up to the hype. Got the DI to shave off a few more ounces. Broke it in with 147 grain FMJs and tried different ammo for final zero and settled in on Hornady ELD 178 grain. It also liked the Sierra Gamekings but that was a little pricey for nighttime hog hunting. I am pleased.

Reactions: lennyo3034
I have a few POF's 223 and 308 love their accuracy and havent had a problem with either yet. But both are their piston models, so not sure if direct imp. would change it at all. Iraqvet8888 did a melt down video with a POF 415 it went like a few thousand rounds then quit full auto but still shot single / semi. I love my POFs

I think I'd be happy with 1.5-2 MOA for this. I don't plan to ever bench it after sight in.

I've read that they are decent for reliability (ammo dependent) but only mediocre for accuracy. I don't think it was ever intended to be a true accurate SPR. They certainly look nice and are not cheap. I'm waiting for more video reviews of the Rogue before I grab one.

Bought a Rogue today . will be another Hog gun with a can on it . also bought a Dictator adjustable gas block to put on it

If you want a small frame AR10 that does deliver accuracy while being lightweight, the F4 Defense SF10 is the only option.

Have a Revolution DI on order, waiting forever and a day to get the ship notification. I mean does it really take 15 days to slap a sticker on a box and get it out the door? Sign of the times I guess.

The "standard" F4 looks interesting but it's a bit heavier and a grand more expensive for the same spec. That'll buy me a decent scope to put on top (or a lot of ammo). I see plenty of Revolution owners who have zero issues with accuracy and haven't found any threads about DI's with issues.

The F4 Ultralight really intrigues but again, you're moving up in price. But a carbon fiber barrel...so nice. Actually thought about swapping in a carbon fiber-wrapped barrel for either the Revolution or the Rogue but no one makes an AR-15 sized barrel extension with a .308 bore.

Word from POF peeps is the Rogue is designed as a lightweight hunting rifle and will do better with heavier rounds . Wish I'd known before purchasing the Revolution but I'm sure I'll love it regardless, assuming it ever arrives.

I got my Rogue a few weeks ago, I've played with a few parts and running function tests but haven't gotten my scope yet to start load development (should be here today).

I tried a Superlative Arms gas block first (the cheapo stock block is a real bitch to get off), but I don't think the SA can bleed off quite enough gas to get where I wanted with my Nomad mounted. It ran fine in all cases, but was a bit rough on brass. Now I've got it set up with a Dictator block and an H2 buffer, if my scope gets here today, I'm planning on running my first bit of load development tomorrow with 165gr TBT and 168gr ABLRs (it will be a hunting rifle).

It gained about a quarter pound with my additions:
IMG_20200602_134240695~01.jpg

Should still be less than 9lb after I add my scope, but before bullets and sling:
IMG_20200602_134702326~01.jpg

I have no idea why they went with an 8 twist on this .308, but hopefully it shoots reasonably well with normal weight bullets.

The tech at POF who I talked to said it was because it'll handle heavier hunting rounds better than the Revolution's barrel with a lower twist rate. I'm sure they're both fine and well above my ability to shoot.

Scopes. Don't get me started on those...literally anything I want is back ordered. Just got a notice this morning that my order from LaRue (mount) is also 5-10 days back ordered. Luckily, I do have 500 rounds of ammo arriving here shortly and I already have two extra mags. But no gun, no scope, no scope mount. About to drive half hour out of town to pick up a Burris XTR II 1-8x FFP.

The tech at POF who I talked to said it was because it'll handle heavier hunting rounds better than the Revolution's barrel with a lower twist rate. I'm sure they're both fine and well above my ability to shoot.

Scopes. Don't get me started on those...literally anything I want is back ordered. Just got a notice this morning that my order from LaRue (mount) is also 5-10 days back ordered. Luckily, I do have 500 rounds of ammo arriving here shortly and I already have two extra mags. But no gun, no scope, no scope mount. About to drive half hour out of town to pick up a Burris XTR II 1-8x FFP.

Yeah that's what I had either read or heard in some press release, but the .308 is pretty well explored territory, and a 10 twist will definitely stabilize all normal sized (remote chance of fitting in an SR-25 mag) bullets. I bought mine to use on Elk and Muleys, with the 16.5" barrel I'm really looking at mostly 165gr to 180gr anyway. As long as it does well with those I suppose I don't care about the twist. I've heard that faster twists help mono bullets open better, perhaps that was a factor, also if I could get it to cycle subsonic 220 gr subs reliably, that might be a neat use for the 8 twist as well.

I hear ya on the wait, I decided I wanted to try the new Burris Signature HD 2-10x40 on this rifle, between the delays in the scope launching, and delays in shipping, I'm ready to see what this little thing will do.

I will say I love the feel of the Rogue, it's super light and handy, almost makes my lightweight Grendel feel porky. My only regret is that it wasn't available in 6.5 Creedmoor... Maybe they'll make barrels in the future.

i have Rogue pistol and dictator gas block coming - should get monday

I have the Revolution 308 and its by far my favorite AR10. I run mine suppressed and have a pulsar thermal on it. The factory POF trigger is very good, but I couldnt stop there. I put a Calvin Elite in it and now she rocks. All my 308s share the same ammo. I shoot the 168 SMKs and this holds it own against my other match AR10s.
Ill try and find some of my pictures. Im at work so Ill dig around on my phone.

i have pulsar thermion xp50 and trash panda putting on mine

So I had a major epiphany today. Absolutely no word from the gun "warehouse" I purchased the Revolution from. I did a bit of research and it turns out this so-called warehouse was a small home in the middle of nowhere West Virginia. So I go to www.gun.deals and pull up the ten sites with the best prices. Every last one of them, except for one, was someone's home, not an actual store front. Just a bunch of guys with FFL licenses and a fancy website.

Went to the POF site, searched all the distributors listed there and settled on Central Florida Gun and Tactical. Paid $100 more for the gun vs. the vaporware store and it'll most likely be shipped out Monday. I'll have it in time for next weekend and a bit of range work. Lesson learned. I love Google Earth.

I cancelled the original order online and again, not a peep from them. No phone number to call, just online chat with a BOT I'm assuming. I'll give em five days and then will sick the credit card company on them. Oh and the "shop" is called Anthony's Firearm Warehouse and here's the warehouse;

Reactions: Steve_In_29
Agreed. Spoke to CFL on the phone and very easy to deal with and professional. This is the first firearm I've ever purchased online although I"ve purchased plenty of accessories and ammo this way. Live and learn. Don't get excited about a low price and do a bit of research!

But there's more....I just got a "it's shipped" notification from Anthony's and ironically, it's expected to arrive at my FFL today. It was shipped from right here in my home state of Texas via Fed Ex yesterday. I did not pay for one day shipping and I was pretty sure the warehouse was in West Virginia. The plot thickens. Hopefully my local shop gets it in time for me to check it out today. I'll have to call CFL and tell them to hold off until I make sure it's not a box of bricks.

Reactions: madppcs
Sure enough, the POF was shipped and I went and picked it up just a bit ago. Gave it a good look before accepting but it's all there. A bit surprised it doesn't come with a hard case but I knew that before purchasing. Will be hitting the range this weekend despite my scope not being here. I'll take the 1-4x FFP off the AR15 or shoot with the Magpul Mbus sights I have lying around just to get used to the gun. It's operation thus far is super slick, much better than my low-tier but solid AR15 (Del-Ton).

Pics or it didn't happen...

Got out to the range this morning to shoot with the POF Revolution DI as well as my AR15. Needed to dial in a new 1-4X FFP LPVO scope on the little guy (Bushnell) and of course wanted to get down and dirty with the 308.

Keep in mind I have never shot a rifle round larger than a .223 and I have about 1/1000th of the experience of most members on this forum. Be gentle.

My first shot with the POF. "Hmm...that wasn't bad at all!" Second shot. "Hmm...I can feel it in my teeth!"

Definitely has more kick than the AR15 .223 and, theoretically speaking, blindfolded, you'd be able to tell between them without question. I had Magpul MBUS sights only but I still went through 50 rounds on the Revolution. Overall the gun was extremely smooth, much more refined and tactile than my AR15. For reference, the AR15 is a Del-ton, mid level, with some add ons like a Coda Evolution carbon hand guard (awesome btw...) more upright rear grip, new rear stock and the aforementioned 1-4x LPVO. Nothing too fancy. The way every lever, button and trigger worked was better on the POF although it did take me a bit to get used to the slight difference in control placement on the POF.

Despite the extra punch, I was able to be on target more quickly for the next shot than my AR which has a flash suppressor but not a brake like the POF. The POF brake is highly effective. Did I mention the POF is lighter? I can easily feel the weight difference between the two. I did weigh the POF, 6.85 pounds on my digital scale which I've found to be quite accurate. The Del-Ton was over 7 pounds when it was all stock, weighs a bit less now.

Trigger. The AR15 is just mil-spec but I don't have any problems with it and actually rather like it. The POF is significantly lighter in pull but I adapted quickly and I can see how it will/would make my shots more accurate. I know some replace the triggers but I can't see myself doing that until I gain substantially more experience. It does, at the very least, give me somewhat of an indication and reference between an ok/solid mil-spec and a much more precise trigger like the POF.

The POF did come over-lubed and my far more experienced shooting partner confirmed. Had a few odd markings on the shell casing base which he thought was due to grease on the bolt face. Can take a photo if anyone would like to see. I'll disassemble the gun some time over the next two days and clean/lube it.

I only shot 50 rounds with no failures but to be honest, that's not really a high bar. But...it worked well straight out of the box with no issues.

After weeks of reading and searching, I settled on a Burris XTR-II 1-8x24 FFP LPVO for the Revolution as it had decent reviews, wasn't over the top expensive and I could actually find it in stock at less than MSRP. And it shipped the next day (thank you Sport Optics!) Will head back to the range next week to dial it in.

Last shots of the day were on my buddy's Savage bolt rifle shooting .30-06 which he loads himself and his sh*t is dialed in. First two shots were pretty much the same hole and the third was a few mm's south at 100 yards which, I know, most of you can do sneezing. Now that gun had some kick. I think my first words were..."holy hell." Was able to hit steel easily, repeatably without effort at 200 but my right shoulder may not function tomorrow. Good times.

So yeah, I can see the POF easily being as "fast" as an AR15. I'm sure there are faster AR15 builds out there but the combination of the muzzle brake, trigger and weight really make a nice package and you can feel the gun's overall precision vs. my 15. I felt comfortable with the gun fairly quickly as everything was just easier to operate overall. Pretty excited to grow as a shooter with it as well as develop my own load for it. My next door neighbor is, fortuitously, a NRA-licensed master rifle instructor and does all his own load development. I have a good mentor.

congrats on getting it so quickly and thanks for the range report - need to get out and shoot mine some more...

I finally caved and swapped the factory stock out on mine today. Had a spare Magpul CTR so going to run it for a while. I tried to get comfortable with the factory stock but it just did not feel natural for me. All I can figure is the curve at the bottom is causing the issue as other than that it and the CTR are pretty much the same.

I put the Calvin Elite trigger. I think its 1.5lbs?

I don't think I could do that, I've doubled the POF a few times while shooting groups with the stock trigger... Too used to bolt guns and lighter recoiling ARs I guess. I do have an MBT-2S straight bow on the way because I prefer them anyway and I think the reset is a bit longer.

I've been loading for the Rogue a bit and I can say that I'm hitting pressure sooner than other .308s I've had. Brought some velocities back and with Quickload dialed in it looks like pressures were just too high, even though I was a grain and change below book max on some of the loads. I know that can happen, I've just never run into it like that. My Rogue is rough on brass with the can on, even factory FGMM and Federal 165gr Accubond get chewed up a bit with an H3 buffer and a Dictator gas block turned down. Might just be the nature of the beast.

It does seem to want to shoot though, especially for such a lightweight rig with a weirdo twist and a mediocre shooter driving it.

IMG_20200604_210451250~01.jpg

Factory FGMM 168gr.
IMG_20200606_175913798~01.jpg

This was just an FGMM clone load I made up for my last .308 shortened to fit in the mag. I quickly loaded up 25 just to use while tuning the GB because I knew they were on the lighter side, but it wound up liking them pretty well. Velocities were only about 2,420 fps on these, I'm hoping for about ~100 fps more with my 165gr/168gr hunting loads. (Changed the scope location between the top and bottom groups.)
IMG_20200605_173017155~01.jpg

The included MFT Minimalist stock sucks for rested shooting. I'm sure it's great for running around and kicking in tent flaps, but I have a Luth-AR MBA-5 on the way that I'm hoping is going to provide a step up in shootability without much weight penalty.

Last edited:
Reactions: BamaSE
Very interested in getting a rogue but I will let the reviews come in first.

just got 12.5" Rogue pistol today . put cherry bomb on and silencerco Hybrid with plan B ( Trash Panda didn't put on tonight). shot great with and without can . it did crimp up necks on 2 of 5 casings. shot federal fusion msr 150 grain . just took out to see if would cycle with can. i have dictator block in also , may wait till after hog hunt to put on and fight that staked battle. a very light pistol . i have a 10" 300 blkout i built that i currently use since is 5.2 lbs without hardware . boy it doesnt kick anything like the rogue though!!! will have to sight with Pulsar thermion XP50 Thermal this weekend
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/Q...fvVogDsEOW-oLSjZmrDg=w1250-h937-no?authuser=0

Reactions: Gtscotty
I've now had two rounds at the range with the Revolution DI and the Burris 1-8x24 FFP. First round was a nightmare trying to figure out which way to go with the scope to dial it in. Wasted a lot of ammo. I purchased a laser bore sighter (Site Lite Mag) which had me on paper immediately, first shot, on my second visit to the range.

The first time out with the gun/scope, I noticed strange marks on the bottom of the casings which I learned was "smear" and it'll apparently disappear as I use the rifle more. I did not make any adjustments to the gas on my initial outing. Some suggested it was due to hot rounds and I was over gassed but these are "factory" rounds and not what I'd consider hot. Ambient temps were in the 90 degree range that day but I was in the shade. I've reached out to POF but haven't received a reply yet. Going by the experience of others, it appears this is normal and will go away as the gun breaks in. Here's a photo, can see the marks at approximately the 3 and 9 o'clock positions on the right and middle casing. Sometimes there's a physical burr that you can feel where I think the extractor has dug in. It's a little less pronounced now and most it's just a superficial mark, can't feel it with my finger.

Anyway...first thing I did was go through the process of dialing in the adjustable gas block which I did not do the first time out. One round in the mag, firing, closing the gas block one notch per round until the bolt locked open. I added one more click and watched for ejection which was at 4 o'clock. Left it there for now.

Dialed her in at 50 yards and could practically put the rounds on top of one and other once I dialed in elevation and windage. Moved out to 100 yards, a bit more of a challenge but could still produce small groupings with PMC Bronze 147gr ammo. The PMC was the least expensive "decent" ammo I could find and I think, with shipping, it was around .50 cents a round.

One thing I've noticed is the eye box gets very small at 8x on the Burris. It's really a learning process to get into the right position quickly. I like the reticle and as much as I "think" I'd like (and wanted) the Primary Arms ACSS reticle, I'm pretty darn happy with the Burris and it has a lifetime warranty on both the electronics and the mechanicals. Plus it's reticle is very similar to the Bushnell 1-4x FFP on my AR15. I'd convinced myself to move up to the PA PLx 1-8x24 but being out of stock for the foreseeable future, the Burris was a no-brainer with Japanese glass (I consider high end Japanese glass/coatings better than German, controversy!) at a less expensive price to boot. But I wonder if I'm under-scoped for deer hunting out to 300 yards? Probably just need more practice with the 1-8x. I did notice the glass was susceptible to flaring but this is almost unavoidable without a shade. I lost a it of contrast but everything was still perfectly legible. Oh and I did try the illumination and both the Burris and the Bushnell were daylight bright.

This was literally, my fourth time at the range with any rifle so pretty happy. I know I still have a lot to learn and while I was able to knock off six to eight rounds quickly and on target (within 4 inches) I know I'll get better with more range time. The POF was consistent the entire time. I went through 60 rounds pretty quickly after dialing everything in and it didn't seem to change as the barrel heated up. Shoots like butter and easily more on target than my AR15 shooting rapidly. Recoil feels almost identical between the two. Using a 1-4x FFP Bushnell on the AR and it's a bit more nebulous at 100 yards with the lower magnification. Again, probably comes down to practice, practice practice.

One thing I realized this time out is I now HATE the AR15's trigger. I don't know if it's become spongy with use or what but it was far less predictable where the POF's trigger was telepathic, maybe even touch too light given my experience level. Will most likely swap in a POF trigger on the AR to keep them consistent rifle to rifle.

Load development. Looking for pointers. I'll continue to build my skills with the PMC but thinking I should try a few different types of factory rounds to see what the gun prefers. Specifically looking for hunting rounds, axis deer. According to my neighbor, most shots are between 100 and 300 yards but skewed towards 100 yards. Once I try a few different makes and weights, I'll be doing my own load development and dialing the gun in with those. If I should approach that with a different methodology I'm all ears.

And apologies for the long post, I type 60-words-a-minute. In person, I'm a man of few words. Go figure.

This is with the rifle on a cheap bipod, no rear stabilization other than myself. No bean bag, just the stock sitting in my shoulder pocket.
@50 yards

@100 yards

Last edited:
I've now had two rounds at the range with the Revolution DI and the Burris 1-8x24 FFP. First round was a nightmare trying to figure out which way to go with the scope to dial it in. Wasted a lot of ammo. I purchased a laser bore sighter (Site Lite Mag) which had me on paper immediately, first shot, on my second visit to the range.

The first time out with the gun/scope, I noticed strange marks on the bottom of the casings which I learned was "smear" and it'll apparently disappear as I use the rifle more. I did not make any adjustments to the gas on my initial outing. Some suggested it was due to hot rounds and I was over gassed but these are "factory" rounds and not what I'd consider hot. Ambient temps were in the 90 degree range that day but I was in the shade. I've reached out to POF but haven't received a reply yet. Going by the experience of others, it appears this is normal and will go away as the gun breaks in. Here's a photo, can see the marks at approximately the 3 and 9 o'clock positions on the right and middle casing. Sometimes there's a physical burr that you can feel where I think the extractor has dug in. It's a little less pronounced now and most it's just a superficial mark, can't feel it with my finger.

Anyway...first thing I did was go through the process of dialing in the adjustable gas block which I did not do the first time out. One round in the mag, firing, closing the gas block one notch per round until the bolt locked open. I added one more click and watched for ejection which was at 4 o'clock. Left it there for now.

Dialed her in at 50 yards and could practically put the rounds on top of one and other once I dialed in elevation and windage. Moved out to 100 yards, a bit more of a challenge but could still produce small groupings with PMC Bronze 147gr ammo. The PMC was the least expensive "decent" ammo I could find and I think, with shipping, it was around .50 cents a round.

One thing I've noticed is the eye box gets very small at 8x on the Burris. It's really a learning process to get into the right position quickly. I like the reticle and as much as I "think" I'd like (and wanted) the Primary Arms ACSS reticle, I'm pretty darn happy with the Burris and it has a lifetime warranty on both the electronics and the mechanicals. Plus it's reticle is very similar to the Bushnell 1-4x FFP on my AR15. I'd convinced myself to move up to the PA PLx 1-8x24 but being out of stock for the foreseeable future, the Burris was a no-brainer with Japanese glass (I consider high end Japanese glass/coatings better than German, controversy!) at a less expensive price to boot. But I wonder if I'm under-scoped for deer hunting out to 300 yards? Probably just need more practice with the 1-8x. I did notice the glass was susceptible to flaring but this is almost unavoidable without a shade. I lost a it of contrast but everything was still perfectly legible. Oh and I did try the illumination and both the Burris and the Bushnell were daylight bright.

This was literally, my fourth time at the range with any rifle so pretty happy. I know I still have a lot to learn and while I was able to knock off six to eight rounds quickly and on target (within 4 inches) I know I'll get better with more range time. The POF was consistent the entire time. I went through 60 rounds pretty quickly after dialing everything in and it didn't seem to change as the barrel heated up. Shoots like butter and easily more on target than my AR15 shooting rapidly. Recoil feels almost identical between the two. Using a 1-4x FFP Bushnell on the AR and it's a bit more nebulous at 100 yards with the lower magnification. Again, probably comes down to practice, practice practice.

One thing I realized this time out is I now HATE the AR15's trigger. I don't know if it's become spongy with use or what but it was far less predictable where the POF's trigger was telepathic, maybe even touch too light given my experience level. Will most likely swap in a POF trigger on the AR to keep them consistent rifle to rifle.

Load development. Looking for pointers. I'll continue to build my skills with the PMC but thinking I should try a few different types of factory rounds to see what the gun prefers. Specifically looking for hunting rounds, axis deer. According to my neighbor, most shots are between 100 and 300 yards but skewed towards 100 yards. Once I try a few different makes and weights, I'll be doing my own load development and dialing the gun in with those. If I should approach that with a different methodology I'm all ears.

And apologies for the long post, I type 60-words-a-minute. In person, I'm a man of few words. Go figure.

This is with the rifle on a cheap bipod, no rear stabilization other than myself. No bean bag, just the stock sitting in my shoulder pocket.
@50 yards

@100 yards
One easy tip if you're shooting for groups at 100 is to use a larger aiming point. With my 8X optics, I use a 3" target spot and am able to quarter it with my crosshairs. I would not be able to clearly see that orange dot if that was your aiming point.

Good tip. Makes sense lennyo. I was using various parts of the target to dial the scope in first and ran out of clean target, LOL. Didn't want to interrupt the other shooters too much by walking out there to put a new target up. But yes, it was a bit difficult to see the black dot at 8x.

I have the new Rogue.
I couldn’t be more pleased
Truly 5.9 lbs.
Very light recoil due to gas slits that let by gas to push on case shoulder. Genius in that only needs small amt of gas to operate action for extraction.
Accuracy is better than expected, but it’s a Eugene stoner with a match barrel so should have expected.
Oh, and last but not least; it really is ar15 size.
What’s not to like, I’ve waited 40 years for someone to make this rifle.
I still love my m1a scout, something about that old design, like riding in a 72 Cadillac.

Also,
I’ve only shot 1,000 rnds Tula steel I got really cheap before covid price hikes.
Shot 20 rnd groups that averaged about 2”.
Probably do better with some high dollar primo stuff but that’s good enough for my purposes.
No malfunctions of any kind but I did run a bore snake down the barrel after first two trips to range.
I hope this helps if someone is wondering about the Rogue specs and claims being true.
I can say, mine is.
Thanks

I’ve owned the Revolution (Piston) for a couple years. Mostly used it in 3gun Heavy division ...but I cheat and run reduced power loads with 110gr varmit bullets...kicks less than my 223 race gun. :)

No issues and I love it. I haven’t done any precision/accuracy testing with it though.

Use it with a Primary Arms 1-8 Platinum scope, love that as well.

I’ve also taken it hog hunting.

I have the new Rogue.
I couldn’t be more pleased
Truly 5.9 lbs.
Very light recoil due to gas slits that let by gas to push on case shoulder. Genius in that only needs small amt of gas to operate action for extraction.
Accuracy is better than expected, but it’s a Eugene stoner with a match barrel so should have expected.
Oh, and last but not least; it really is ar15 size.
What’s not to like, I’ve waited 40 years for someone to make this rifle.
I still love my m1a scout, something about that old design, like riding in a 72 Cadillac.
Yeah, my Rouge doesn't run at all, sent it back on my dime, New barrel. Still doesn't extract at all, tears up brass. They suggest a 500rd break in and that they likely won't do anything if I send it back. Seems to be tuned to only run wolf and not quality ammo. Also not impressed with the poor machine work on every part.

Neat idea, poor execution.

Reactions: Twinsen
Kinda surprised on the poor machining comment. I stripped my Revolution DI down and I was actually quite impressed with the machining and precision of everything. To date, I have zero failures to extract and it shoots everything I throw at it save for some heavy Remington rounds. I've actually never shot steel case, just brass case, PMC bronze being the cheapest and it was pretty darn accurate. Major difference between the two is the barrel, hand guard and adjustable gas block. Can't see the ambi-controls having any sort of effect in that regard. But very sorry to hear your experience, hope they straighten it out.

Yeah, my Rouge doesn't run at all, sent it back on my dime, New barrel. Still doesn't extract at all, tears up brass. They suggest a 500rd break in and that they likely won't do anything if I send it back. Seems to be tuned to only run wolf and not quality ammo. Also not impressed with the poor machine work on every part.

Neat idea, poor execution.
Sorry you’re having issues with the rifle...I know that can get frustrating.

Could you elaborate (pics would be great) on the poor machine work you’ve noticed on your gun? When POF came out of the gate, they quickly developed a reputation for absolutely *impeccable* machine work. That solid reputation was still accurate at the time of my last POF purchase, a 2018 Revolution which truly is a machinist’s dream, and even looks great under a jeweler’s loupe.

I’m curious to see how the new stuff stacks up.

Reactions: LRRPF52
They were less than stellar when I purchased two of their piston rifles, one in .556 and one in .308. Both had bad head spacing and my .308 got a round stuck in the chamber. Could not get a call back or any response from their customer service over at least 4 weeks of calling them, and leaving messages and also emailing them. My local gunsmith just happened to be going to Arizona for a match and he was kind enough to drop them off at their door. Kinda soured me on POF. You spend that kinda money on a rifle, you expect it to work, and at the very least for them to remedy their mistake. The only plus side was this was during the last gun ban scare and I immediately sold both rifles as soon as they were fixed and actually got more than I paid for both. The rouge looks interesting to me and all, but I’m pretty skeptical when I hear POF. The machining looked fantastic on the three I have owned, but it’s a gun, not wall art, first and foremost it should function reliably. Not gonna pay that kinda money for a 50/50 chance at getting a good one personally. I can forgive mistakes, but it’s how they handled the issue or actually the lack of handling it that gets to me.

Finally getting back to this. Today's testing didn't go great. Steel case extracts, like they claimed, pmc bronze doesn't have to be mortared, but won't extract, and any hunting load I've found needs to be mortared, and there are deep marks on the rims of every case from the extractor yanking on a stuck case. Great. The outside of the rifle looks fine besides burrs and sharp edges on the trigger and what appears to file marks below the anodizing, so that's strange. Inside is when things go down hill. Many steps from either poor programing, tool offset, or fixturing. Burrs on the bolt carrier. Chatter on every part, even the feed ramps. On the surface, these seem like minor things, but it's a lack of effort, or a "good enough" mentality. These are also cutting issues, so unless they're putting every single part through a cmm (unlikely on large scale production) they're measuring a limited number of features on each part, and the tools likely aren't cutting consistently around the parts. It just adds concern. The gun is also beating itself to death and rolling a burr on the ejection port, and gouging the cam pin. This gun with 60rd looks rougher than my ar15 with 5k.

Sounds like they still just don’t give a crap after the sale. They should have sent you a new rifle, at very least make it actually run. Not just send it back in non working order and basically say go pound sand. You should post pictures of the bad machining to show others or it really doesn’t mean much, as the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words. Holds true in this circumstance. . I know you always hear when something is bad more than when it is good, but I also feel that companies that put out bad product should be held to the fire and let others know buyer beware. It shouldn’t be luck of the draw on whether you get what you paid for. I’m glad others have gotten good stuff from them, but I definitely feel your pain after having dealt with their lack of customer service.

Last edited:
In their defense, they did test fire it. That was obvious, unfortunately they tune it to work in a narrow band for very low quality ammo.

Finally getting back to this. Today's testing didn't go great. Steel case extracts, like they claimed, pmc bronze doesn't have to be mortared, but won't extract, and any hunting load I've found needs to be mortared, and there are deep marks on the rims of every case from the extractor yanking on a stuck case. Great. The outside of the rifle looks fine besides burrs and sharp edges on the trigger and what appears to file marks below the anodizing, so that's strange. Inside is when things go down hill. Many steps from either poor programing, tool offset, or fixturing. Burrs on the bolt carrier. Chatter on every part, even the feed ramps. On the surface, these seem like minor things, but it's a lack of effort, or a "good enough" mentality. These are also cutting issues, so unless they're putting every single part through a cmm (unlikely on large scale production) they're measuring a limited number of features on each part, and the tools likely aren't cutting consistently around the parts. It just adds concern. The gun is also beating itself to death and rolling a burr on the ejection port, and gouging the cam pin. This gun with 60rd looks rougher than my ar15 with 5k.

Man, have to say that sucks. You must have received a Monday gun or they're cutting back on QC for the Rogue to get it at that price point.

I now have about 1K rounds through my Revolution DI with only one self-induced hiccup while I was testing something out. Brass wear has significantly reduced (very light smearing if at all now) and I mostly continue to run PMC Bronze. I'll be switching to a 150gr and a 167gr round shortly.

After reading your post I was pretty alarmed to say the least so I took a hard look at my rifle. Any dings on the gun I've done myself except of course for the case deflector and port door which has some marks from shooting. I didn't find the same issues you did and I'm guessing our rifles were probably made around the same time as mine was purchased a few months back.

A few photos...lemme know if you see anything that I should be alarmed about! On a side note, I haven't seen a significant increase in surface wear on the bolt carrier since switching lubes. Logic would dictate an anti-friction/wear coating should stay in place. I'll try to keep this thread updated on my experience long-term, with photos of course. Any issues come up, I'll report them here. Currently jumping into the rabbit hole of suppressors as that's my next mod. Have to say, I'm not sure, knowing what I know now, I'd look at anything else if I were in the hunt for a lightweight AR10. Maybe the VSeven?